ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Is Nintendo on the ropes?!?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2003, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default Is Nintendo on the ropes?!?!?

I read this article in todays paper here in Toronto...pretty interesting so I thought I would share it with you all..

May. 23, 2003. 01:00 AM
>ADVERTISEMENT<
Nintendo no match for Sony in sales

YURI KAGEYAMA
ASSOCIATED PRESS

TOKYO—Nintendo Co. reported yesterday a 37 per cent decline in profit for the fiscal year through March as sales of its GameCube console fell short of the Japanese video-game maker's target in a clear defeat to rival Sony PlayStation 2.

The Kyoto-based company, which makes Pokemon and Super Mario games, earned 67.3 billion yen ($681 million Canadian) for the fiscal year ended March 31, down from 106 billion yen the previous year.

Sales totalled 504 billion yen ($6 billion), down 9 per cent from 555 billion yen a year earlier. Nintendo generated 75 per cent of its sales overseas.

Since going on sale in 2001, GameCube has lost ground to PlayStation 2, the rival machine from Sony Corp., which has emerged as the global leader in the sector.

As of March 31, 9.55 million GameCube machines have been sold around the world — short of Nintendo's goal of 10 million and far below the 51.2 million PlayStation 2 consoles shipped worldwide so far.

Nintendo is about to face competition from Sony in portable game machines as well, where its Game Boy has dominated. This month, Sony announced it will introduce its own handheld, the PlayStation Portable, next year. It did not show a prototype or give a price.

Nintendo has sold 33.8 million Game Boy Advance machines so far, including 15.7 million in fiscal 2002.

The arrival of a Sony portable is a big threat to Nintendo at a time when it is counting on Game Boy Advance sales and hoping to sell games that link the Game Boy Advance with the GameCube, said Takeshi Tajima, analyst at BNP Paribas in Tokyo.

"Trying to prevent GameCube from dying out is the only strategy left for Nintendo," he said. "When the gap in market share is this great, a rally from behind is virtually impossible.''

Nintendo is forecasting even lower profits at 65 billion yen ($658 million) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2004. It predicts sales will improve to 550 billion yen ($6,5 billion).

In fiscal 2002, Nintendo fared better in selling game software than in selling machines.

It sold 59 million games for Game Boy in fiscal 2002, up 26 per cent from 47 million a year ago. It sold 46 million games for GameCube, about triple the 14 million in fiscal 2001.

Nintendo stock, which has slid over the last year, finished up 3 per cent at 8,440 yen ($100) yesterday on the Tokyo Stock Exchange shortly before earnings were announced.

Hmmm....first Sega Dreamcast...now this...could Microsoft Xbox be next?? (lets hope so heh...Kidding)
Thoughts?
Old 23 May 2003, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I really wish it was Xbox doing bad instead of Nintendo. I have always liked Nintendo. I don't they they will go bankrupt like Sega, but they just need some bigger and more mature titles for the GC.
Old 24 May 2003, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Nintendo is still going pretty much in the direction of younger audiences, This isn't good because more gamers these days are in demand of Tougher and more violent games, I.E Vice city.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2003, 11:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

Tig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the roughTig Bitties is a jewel in the rough

I think Nintendo should come out with a new system that's more in competition to the ps2 and Xbox, that would only have more mature games, and directed at an older audience. It would feature like more sports and racing games also.

But still keep the gamecube and continue to push it towards the younger audiences. That way they'll have 2 different systems for different audiences.

I don't think Nintendo will ever go out like Sega.
Tig Bitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2003, 10:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

nintendo are too big to fold
Old 24 May 2003, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

simply put: nintendo has a legacy too big to just end entirely.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2003, 01:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Nintendo makes great games, and they make them on their own machine. It's unfortunate that they've declined in popularity because of a demand for more mature games. I don't see much difference in my enjoyment of Zelda or MGS. Resident evil is cube exclusive. Metroid was awsome. Nintendo will be fine. I think x box will fold long before nintendo.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2003, 04:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

CoolioMcawesome is on a distinguished road

Nintendo of America is still going very strong and the company is by no means in trouble. They are not doing as well in Japan, but they are still kicking Microsoft's ass over there. The XBOX is a flop in Japan and is pretty much a lost cause. Nintendo is by no means "on the ropes" and although they will never reach Sony, they are still light years ahead of Microsoft.
CoolioMcawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2003, 09:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Compared to it's previous reign Nintendo is doind awful. I honestly think the campany won't change their market. They haven't done it since they started what makes you think they will now. Microsoft will be first to die then Nintendo. Contrary to popular belief Nintendo of America is not doing that great here. People han't bought new consoles like they used to while people still buy PS2s like crazy. I like Nintendo and I really don't wanna see it go cause they were the ones who made me like video games a lot more. They have great titles but they are too greedy as well. None of their consoles have had what sony has now and thats compatibility. If nintendo is gonna make another console they better make it fully compatible with the previous one if not we'll se Nintendo on the list of dead companies really soon.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2003, 09:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

I think this is what Nintendo should do if they want to become better than PS2. I think they should make a device like the GBA player that goes underneath the GCN and can play DVD's/CD's. That way GCN owners can play DVD's/ CD's too. The player could sell for $50 or be included in some kinda bundle kit. Also I think Nintendo should change it's colors, loose the freaking purple already! I have a black GCN that kicks ass. I think all GCN' should be black, green, silver and maybe red or blue. And finally (not to mention the most important) I think Nintendo should try to steal some of PS2's third-party game publishers/ developers and produce games for pretty much every market. Expand the sports genre for online games and make more violent games for the mature teens.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2003, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Sega didnt file bankrupt.....they just stopped making a system and becam a third party developer.........wich IMO is what Nintendo should do. Imaging playing Metroid and Zelda on a PS2 or Xbox.......yum.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2003, 11:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
David said in post # :
I think this is what Nintendo should do if they want to become better than PS2. I think they should make a device like the GBA player that goes underneath the GCN and can play DVD's/CD's. That way GCN owners can play DVD's/ CD's too. The player could sell for $50 or be included in some kinda bundle kit. Also I think Nintendo should change it's colors, loose the freaking purple already! I have a black GCN that kicks ass. I think all GCN' should be black, green, silver and maybe red or blue. And finally (not to mention the most important) I think Nintendo should try to steal some of PS2's third-party game publishers/ developers and produce games for pretty much every market. Expand the sports genre for online games and make more violent games for the mature teens.
You have a good point but I see that far from happening because Nintendo does not have the money and resources to beat any offer Sony gives those companies. Nintendo's main issue is one word "compatibility" They haven't done that one either consoles except the game boy (what the hell anyone nowadays can yank a full Super Nintendo Games on a GB cartridge.)
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2003, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
KAM Almighty said in post # :
Sega didnt file bankrupt.....they just stopped making a system and becam a third party developer.........wich IMO is what Nintendo should do. Imaging playing Metroid and Zelda on a PS2 or Xbox.......yum.
No offense but that'd really suck...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jun 2003, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

That would suck for sure.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote