ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Silent Hill 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 May 2003, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Default Silent Hill 3

1st of this is one of those rare occassions when America is last to get a videogame,but it's true that the rest of the world gets this 1 before us..anyway Silent Hill 3..any fans of the series and what are you expecting from this 1,I can't wait to play this 1-looks awesome.
Old 18 May 2003, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

i'm not really into that series.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2003, 10:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
KrAyzie

MiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to MiZTaCCen

I loved the first one. but i don't have ps2 so i couldn't play the second one...
Old 19 May 2003, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Xer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersXer is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

Bah it'll redefine the genre I say..I'm getting it on thursday! can't wait
Old 19 May 2003, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
KrAyzie

MiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow postersMiZTaCCen is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters
Send a message via MSN to MiZTaCCen

Tell me if it's any good
Old 19 May 2003, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Will do..LMAO I even get it before Japan!
Old 19 May 2003, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Serial Killin Juggalo

DeathsDisguise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DeathsDisguise Send a message via Yahoo to DeathsDisguise

seems pretty good, i played the first one a little bit and i liked it
DeathsDisguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2003, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Oh yeah baby I just got my copy delivered! I''m like the only guy outside of Konami inc that has this!
But before I play it and give my verdict I gotta wait till it's pretty late..toss my roomies out the house and sit in total darkness with my acoustic solution speakers by my ears with a big tv and stock up on snacks! I'm gonna be scared shitless!

Heres the cover for anyone interested:

Pretty nice I think
Old 22 May 2003, 11:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Xer
minty fresh

Well what can I say after some serious game time on this title..well um..it's different from it's predecessors.I don't want to give too much away so I'll only expose some material that you can get on a demo disc.In Silent Hill 1 and 2 the begining was used as a masterful way of manipulation..thick,dense fog and unable to see but a short distance in front of you.This time round you begin in the Lakeside amusement Park (featuring the same merry go round as the original)..around 3 minutes of exploration and getting a feel for the now tighter control system and you head through the nearest door..in typical SH fashion there is only true route to take at the start.Now naturally considering the other titles you are expecting it to be while before you encounter any "monsters"..eh eh..open that door and whamo,you're being attacked by creatures..and oddly enough you're a young teenage girl who just happens to be armed with a sub machine gun,pistol,knife and steel pipe..you'll get through this disorientating segment without the use of a map..and then Heather our protagonist will wake up to find that this has been a dream..you'll note the Samael markings everywhere from the original game if you're a fan of the series in the Amusement Park.From there I won't spoil it for you all but I will tell you the grain effect will vanish and it all seems clean from there on out.

Early days on my gaming it may well be but I do have some complaints already..1st of all the begining of the game..Konami drop the purposeful subtlety in building tension by throwing you right in the heat of the action..one came to expect the absence of evil bastards till about half an hour in..this served deep purpose in the psyche..this ruined the feel right off in my mind.Having weapons like sub machine guns..yes we all love blowing away evil bastards with big guns..but the point is that this is not Resident Evil,never has laid claim to that crown and is essentially what made the series so unique..because you were ordinary and had no weapons training,you weren't a swat soldier or what have you..you could easily miss shots at a target because you were an average joe..now your like an 18 year old merc.Yeah guns are good,but it also is another reason that I wasn't phased out by the monsters..you could handle them with ease,no fear required.Point 3,you are not looking for anyone..the two previous installments had you searching for a lost love,this time you're merely there to make a change to some odd prophecy and figure out what's going on..point is part of the terror of the series is in the fact that you don't always get what's going on..figuring it out and delivering an all explanation ending could kill the series.Felt like you were jumping through hoops before instead of on a quest? this feeling is amplified ten fold this time round and again makes for some crappy aspects.I'm now a little stumped at the 1st big puzzle of the game and this creates even more frustration.On the positive though,graphics,sound and voice acting all seem drastically improved...I really want to love this game becaue I've been waiting what feels like forever to play it..but so far there seems to be more bad than good in this latest installment..hopefully things will alter for the better as I progress.