ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Sony to release a new version of the PS2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Apr 2003, 03:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
KawasakIcon

Default Sony to release a new version of the PS2

The new version will include additional DVD playback functionality.

Sony has announced that it will release a new model of its PlayStation 2 that will feature more DVD playback options. In addition to the DVD-R format supported by previous models, the new PlayStation 2 model, SCPH-50000, will support the DVD-RW and DVD+R/+RW formats (the DVD-RAM format will not be supported). Additionally, the DVD output will now support progressive scan (525p).

The SCPH-50000 will not have IEEE 1394 support, but it will have 30 percent less fan noise than previous models, as well as an infrared sensor built in to accommodate a new remote control that Sony is releasing. Along with all the abilities that the previous remote controls had, the new remote control model, SCPH-10420, will have the ability to turn the machine's power on and off, reset the machine, and open the disc tray.

The new PlayStation 2 model and its remote control will be released separately on May 15 in Japan, priced at 25,000 yen ($207) and 2,200 yen ($18 ), respectively.

No set date for release in the US.
Old 19 Apr 2003, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
IOW World Champion

TRUEWARRIORS is on a distinguished road

WHO CARES
Old 19 Apr 2003, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
TRUEWARRIORS said in post # :
WHO CARES
Obiously you don't you stupid fag.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 08:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Well TRUEWARRIORS, congradulations on earning yourself the FIRST PWF Games and Technology Forum banning.....
Old 20 Apr 2003, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

TW, Do we really need to ban you?

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
KawasakIcon

Ok well anyways......PS2 is putting a better DVD player and a bigger Eye. That should clear up the mumbo jumbo.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 02:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Quote:
Forgotten Sin said in post # :
TW, Do we really need to ban you?
Too late...
Old 20 Apr 2003, 05:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Hollywood Hogan said in post # :
Well TRUEWARRIORS, congradulations on earning yourself the FIRST PWF Games and Technology Forum banning.....
ya that guys is a dumbass in the sports forum too.

Well anyways, that new PS2 seems cool with all the new options. But I know for sure I won't be getting it.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

SOunds pretty cool, But i'm content with My PS2!

on another note, i went to Radio Shack Last week, and saw A DVD Player modeled after the PSone console. it may not be new news, but i thought it looked cool. plus there was a little screen in the back, and i beleive the movie that was played was Willow!

Old 20 Apr 2003, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Forgotten Sin said in post # :
SOunds pretty cool, But i'm content with My PS2!

on another note, i went to Radio Shack Last week, and saw A DVD Player modeled after the PSone console. it may not be new news, but i thought it looked cool. plus there was a little screen in the back, and i beleive the movie that was played was Willow!
I saw that too there. Actually my friend pointed it out that it looks like a PSone.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 11:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hmmmmm, I Wonder if it was made from sony?

Old 21 Apr 2003, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
forgotten Sin said in post # :
Hmmmmm, I Wonder if it was made from sony?
I can't remember the brand name on it.
Old 21 Apr 2003, 11:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

i'll check radio shack tommorrow!

Old 28 Apr 2003, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Eh, it doesn't matter how many cool features it has. If the price doesn't drop down to $150 or $100 I can't buy it.

The new version does sound real cool though.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2003, 07:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Probably buy it anyway, I am such a slut for Sony products.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>