ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Mother series coming to Game Boy Advance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Apr 2003, 01:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan
Default Mother series coming to Game Boy Advance

source: www.ignpocket.com

Mother Series to GBA
Nintendo will release the classic Japanese series, with a new one on the way.

April 14, 2003 - According to several reports, Nintendo has started airing a short, low budget commercial in Japan for Mother 1 & 2 for the Game Boy Advance. This is the first official confirmation that Mother is making its way to a Nintendo system since Mother 2 was released on the Super Famicom more than a decade ago.

The commercial, which has been grabbed by several Japanese residents and put online, shows brief snippets of game footage from both games which show that the graphics won't be much more than what the games were in the past. Mother was originally an 8-bit Famicom game, so it will have the more limited graphic quality.

The commercial, which announces the game's June 20th release date, also confirms that Mother 3 is in the works...most likely for the Game Boy Advance. Mother 3 was originally in development for the Nintendo 64, but was canned midway through development.

Nintendo has teased gamers with tastes from the Motherseries by incorporating the lead character Ness as a hidden fighter in the original Super Smash Bros. N64 game, as well as a standard fighter in the GameCube sequel. Nintendo also included several other Mother references in Super Smash Bros. Melee in the form of two stages, as well as Mr. Saturn as a throwable weapon.

The only time the Mother series saw a US release was on the Super NES. Nintendo localized Mother 2 as Earthbound in North America.
---------------------------

This is one of the big big announcements I have been waiting for. When Mother 3 was cancelled for the N64, that was one of the most disappointing days in all of my gaming career, but finally, they are making it again, and dammit after one 10000 signature petition, and one 30000 signature petition, we deserve it.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Now i have a reason to get a GBA! I Have yet to try Earthbound, But this..HOLY CRAP!!!!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2003, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Yeah, now you will get to not only try Earthbound, but you will get to try it's prequel that was on NES(there are fully translated ROMs of it online because it was completely translated, but cancelled right before being released, and they only released one demo copy of it in english, so the person that got it let people make it into a ROM and it is the only legal ROM online). The prequel is VERY hard and VERY discouraging(especially when you get more then halfway through it, and then you reformat your computer and forget to back it up), but Earthbound is fucking great. I cannot wait for Mother 3....on Nintendo 64 it was developed for 6 years(since the N64 was ever even a concept) before they cancelled it.....
Old 15 Apr 2003, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

I can't wait!

Old 16 Apr 2003, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon

Earthbound was great!!...I was shocked when I found it second hand a few years ago for a few $
Max Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2003, 09:02 AM   #6 (permalink)

I Didn't have a SNES As a kid, so i Lucked out!