ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Review: The Getaway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2003, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default Review: The Getaway

I rented this game cause I heard this game was just GTA3. Well here is my persdonal review of this game.

The Getaway is a classic mobster game. A retirent henchman retires, gets married and makes a whole new life and then a kingpin pulls him back to the wrong side of the tracks framming him for the murder of his wife and kidnapping his son.

The script of this game is movie quality material, good ole european style mafia. The trama on this game is excellent and it's like you were on a real movie.

There are two types of sction scenes. Driving and walking. The designs and backgrounds are actuall 40 square kilometers of real French streets (sorry not tourists attractions here) You can literaly interect wit every background of this game run thru parks realistic crash sounds on other vehiles and carjack every single passing vehicle. But I must warn you. The game plot is on eurpe so it getsa really hard trying to get used to those european driving styles. I remember the first time I drove the wrong way lol

Another cool feature is the language selection. You can actuall choose the language of your choice to hear the script and see the options too. I suggest to enable subtitles on english. The English accent for europe makes the game hard to understand. It's like grabbing a sock and putting on the guy's mouth and force him to speak engish.

Graphics 9/10
For this type of game this is an incredible achievement. Real looking cars (all the cars are ACTUAL vehicles and you can see the manufacturer's logo clearly including the badges and model names, the city's are greatly detailed from the traffic lights to the building's construction.

Fun factor 10/10
I had a blast playing this game, I went on a shooting spree once and got ARRESTED by a cop. He actually came behind me and cuffed me. It was a shock cause I thought the only way to fail a mission was either being killed or miss the objective.

Difficulty 9/10
This game is not easy. The driving sequence is hard as hell. You have to drive on the left side of the street instead of the right side and europ'es exit's and turnpikes are a headache. Be carefull cause you might end facing the wrong way of traffic easly. The action scenes are as difficult as the driving scenes. If you're not careful you'll die very quickly during the game.

replay Value 10/10
I decided to buy this game cause there is a lot more to explore on it. I really won't get tired of playing this game. Not only beats GTA by a country mile wighout being crontroversial. It sets a new standard on this type of games.

Overall Review
I highly recommend this game to everyone. I'm sure you guys will not regret it one single bit.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2003, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Thanks for the review.