ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Retro Review: Final Fantasy Tactics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Mar 2003, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan
Default Retro Review: Final Fantasy Tactics

Today, I am going to review a lost chapter in the Final Fantasy Saga that not many people have played. Final Fantasy Tactics came out a few months after Final Fantasy VII. It was a more tactical based RPG(hence the name Tactics). To me, Tactics holds a special place in my heart, and is one of my personal favorite games ever(Final Fantasy VII, Metroid Prime and Earthbound are the only games that I like as much).

Graphics - 8
They were set in a different more sprite based Super Nintendo style of graphics, but it worked for the game. This is the only way that I think that this game could work though.

Sound - 10
One of the best soundtracks in gaming history. Every track is beautifully done, and sets the mood for every situation perfectly. From the various battle themes, to the various cut scenes the music of this game was beautifully done.

Story - 10
The best story ever in a game. More twists, turns, and betrayals then any other game I have ever played. You never know who you can trust in this story. This story is an epic that starts off in a church, where the princess of the land gets kidnapped by the main character(Ramza)'s childhood friend (Deleta). It then goes into the back story of the two and that starts chapter 1 of this 4 chapter game.

Gameplay - 10
A wonderful battle system. You have various job classes you can choose from. I won't lie, when you start off, you will probably hate it, because the battle system is so deep and enveloping, that it takes a while to learn how to fully use it, but once you figure it out, it becomes one of the best battle systems ever. You literally will spend hours in certain battles, and while you cannot do anything like explore towns, you really don't need to because the story/battle system is so good, you will just want to move on to the next battle or cut scene.

Hollywood Hogan rates this game - 10/10(not an average)

***A HOLLYWOOD HOGAN MUST PLAY GAME***

Last edited by Hollywood Hogan; 11 Mar 2003 at 02:13 PM.
Hollywood Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote