ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Games & Technology

Games & Technology Want the latest news and cheats of your favorite game? Wanna talk about upcoming games? Wanna talk about your favorite comics, or toys and other hobbies?

Final Fantasy X-2 Preview

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2003, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cry me a river...

Exiled Princess is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Final Fantasy X-2 Preview

Credit goes to Simon Swales from allrpg.com

Not many RPG series have been known for direct sequels. Sometimes the players revisited some locations or heard information on characters or, even meet with Ghaleon for a second time, as in Lunar: Eternal Blue. Now, it has all come to an end with Squares announcement Final Fantasy X-2, the direct sequel of Final Fantasy X and the first direct sequel in the popular franchise. The game was first known as Final Fantasy X: Another Lord and there were supposed to have been two versions: Yuna's Version and Rikku's Version. It was some months later that Square decided to make one version of the game and called it X-2.

It is fortunate that some of the staff members of FFX are returning to make the sequel. Producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Motomu Toriyama, character designer Tetsuya Nomura, scenario writer Kazushige Nojima, and composers Noriko Matsueda and Takahito Eguchi will all be returning. While a lot of the main staff have made their return, two have not; battle director Toshiro Tsuchida and composer Nobuo Uematsu. Also, new faces have joined the team, one of them is character designer Tetsu Tsukamoto, who worked on FFVII through FFX, and did boss designs in FFX: International.

The story of Final Fantasy X-2 takes place after the bonus sequence that came with Final Fantasy X: International in Japan. Yuna's found a sphere containing video Tidus having some kind of trouble. She decides to go out on a journey to find him. The setting of FFX-2 takes place two years after FFX. Summoners, Aeons and Yevon are things from the past and technology has replaced them. Yuna, the heroine, and Rikku, are part of a group who hunt spheres called the Seagull sphere hunters team. As in FFX, spheres are used to record events and memories. This time, hunter teams travel all over Spira to find spheres, which can tell more of its history. But Yuna and friends are not alone; there are other teams who also want to collect these spheres. One of them is the Le Blanc gang, made up of a female leading two guys, Sano (the taller one) and Uno (the bigger one). No story information is know yet if this group will be a threat to Yuna, and if they are, how they will be.

So far only three characters have been shown: Yuna, Rikku and Paine. Square has said there will be a total of eight playable characters in the game and some familiar faces will make a return. By looking at the screens of the game, you can see that Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri and Dona are returning but nothing has been said as to whether or not they will be playable. And it seems that Wakka and Lulu have gotten married and that Lulu is carrying their first child. As for Kimahri, he's the new leader of the Ronso tribe.

Square introduced two new systems to the story of FFX-2: the Mission Select system and the Active Link system. The Mission Select system allows the player to fly throughout many of Spira's locations and play "episodes" of the story which makes the game less linear than it's predecessor was. In addition of being able to choose where you are going, the timing of your travels will determine which episodes will appear next. The Active Link system will determine the way the story will change depending on the order of the episodes you've played. It seems that many locations will be available right at the beginning of the game. So far we've seen a restored Kilika and a floating castle.

Moving around the field will now become less boring than it was as well, FFX-2 introduce a few platforming elements. Yuna can now jump across platforms, hang on ledges and run; which make the game more interactive. As for the battle system, Square decided to remove the fixed turn based system and return to the good old Active Time Battle (ATB) system. But rest assured, the ATB has been modified so that it should look completely new. The actions your characters will perform will take an amount of the ATB gauge; using an item may take 1/2 of the gauge while casting a spell may take 3/4 of the gauge. There will be an Attack Chain system, which allows the characters to do multiple attacks. Gunners can also use a Quick Trigger like FFVIII's gunblade to build up chains. Another new system brought to FFX-2 is the Dress Up system. While pressing L1 and having the appropriate Dress Sphere, you can switch jobs at any time during battles. When the fight is over, your characters will return to their main job. So far White Knight, Black Knight, Fencer, Gunner, Thief, and Dancer have been confirmed as jobs. It appears that the order display from FFX (on the top right of the battle screen) will also make a return. Both enemies and characters will change their positions on the battlefield, allowing them to communicate with each other, as well as their enemies.

As the tradition goes, the game will have not one but two theme songs. Real Emotion and 1000 Words, both performed by J-Pop star Koda Kumi. In addition, last week Square released a new preview trailer of the game. In the trailer you can see shots of Tidus and a fight against Bahamut, it will be interesting to see how the story will develops.

So what can we expect? So far Square has shows lots of new systems and returning characters and the game looks very well done. Look forward to future updates as we draw closer to the March 13th 2003 Japanese release date.

Exiled Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2003, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon

Nice, I cannot wait, "Yuna Raider" lol
Max Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2003, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

I actually can't wait for that game to be released, i've played the other Final Fantasy games and i just love the challenge because each level is quite difficult to complete. Guess i better start saving up now. Oh and thanks for posting that.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2003, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Looks pretty cool. I'll get it for sure.
Old 09 Feb 2003, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Hmmm Since I'm a FF junkie I'll get it for sure.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2003, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I just wish they would make a sequal to one of the better FF.
Old 09 Feb 2003, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Yeah, I will definately get that one.....any news on the US release date?
Old 09 Feb 2003, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I'mm looking forward to it. Let just hope thy consider a FF7-2 later one as well. I'm hearing that square might do exactly that, but depends of the sucess of FFx-2
Old 09 Feb 2003, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
I'mm looking forward to it. Let just hope thy consider a FF7-2 later one as well. I'm hearing that square might do exactly that, but depends of the sucess of FFx-2
now that would be AMAZING!.
Old 09 Feb 2003, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

I would buy it on the spot if they make the FF7-2
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2003, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Final Fantasy VII-2 is a concept that would bring a tear to my eye and make me the happiest man in the world.