ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Notorious aftermath.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2009, 02:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.
Default Notorious aftermath.

Quote:
The movie Notorious (Fox Searchlight) a biopic about the life of rapper Biggie Smalls, has opened well-above industry expectations with about $9M on Friday and, as I reported Friday night, that could mean about $29M in ticket sales over the 4-day MLK weekend. But there will be no more tickets sold at the Grand 18 at Four Seasons Station theatre complex in Greensboro, NC.

Friday night at approximately 9pm, there were gunshots in the lobby of the multiplex and a 32-year-old man was shot twice in the abdomen. A report from the Greensboro News Record has identified the man as Clive O’Connor, and he was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery. There is, however, no report on his condition.

Local police say that they cannot be certain about whether there is a link between the shooting and the movie Notorious, which is playing on three screens at the complex, but let’s be honest. Every theatre that opened this movie had legitimate security concerns given that Christopher Wallace aka Biggie Smalls aka Notorious B.I.G. lived and died violently.

What makes the story interesting is that rapper and actor Jamal “Gravy” Woolard who plays the title role in the movie was actually at the theatres seeing the movie when the shooting occurred. Making his acting debut in Notorious, Woolard is no stranger to trouble himself. In New York, he is well known as the guy who got shot in the posterior, then proceeded to do a radio interview before seeking any treatment.

Brooklyn native Woolard was at radio station Hot 97 (WQHT) to appear on the popular Riding with Funkmaster Flex in April of 2006. Emerging from a nearby sandwich shop prior to his appearance, there was a rain of gunfire. He was shot in the left buttock, but proceeded to do the radio appearance anyway. As Wooldard told The New Yorker, “What was I supposed to tell a powerful influence like Flex, at Hot 97? ‘You know what, Flex? I’m sorry, man. I can’t do the show. I was standing downstairs—got shot in the ass.’ What, are you nuts? Right? It wouldn’t make any sense. So I had to do what I had to do.”

I have to emphasize that police reports do not indicate that Woolard was in the proximity of the shooting, and in no way has he been linked to the Greensboro incident, but he was on the premises.

An estimated 700 people were evacuated from the Grand 18 theatre complex, and screenings of Notorious have been suspended indefinitely. Produced by Sean “Diddy” Combs, who was nominated for a Golden Globe Award this week for producing the acclaimed television version of A Raisin in the Sun, Notorious has received very solid reviews and has a supporting cast that includes Oscar nominee Angela Bassett (What’s Love Got To Do With It?) as Biggie’s mom, Independent Spirit Award nominee Anthony Mackie (The Hurt Locker) as Tupac Shakur and Derek Luke (Antwone Fisher) as Combs himself.

and to go with that...

Quote:
http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0652254

Stabbings At Notorious Afterparty

18 January 2009 6:06 AM, PST

Four men are in hospital after they were stabbed at an afterparty for the film premiere of Notorious B.I.G. biopic Notorious, according to police.

A 21-year-old victim is in a critical condition at Brookdale Hospital in New York City after he was knifed several times on Saturday at Brooklyn nightclub Djumbala.

Three other men wounded in the incident were in a stable condition as WENN went to press.

The party was promoted by the venue as the movie's "official" afterparty but Fox Searchlight, the film's distributor, maintains the event was not related.

Notorious B.I.G., real name Christopher Wallace, was killed in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles in 1997.

Police have not revealed any further information about the stabbings.

MLK would be so proud.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I wonder if the same thing would happen if they made a biopic on 2Pac.

I was actually going to see this movie today with my friend but he's sick and can't go.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqsDRQJesMI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FqsDRQJesMI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

also, but no less true....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYggWJZZSw8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sYggWJZZSw8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2009, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

"Shooter was heard screaming 'west side, niggas!' multiple times..."
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2009, 12:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

The movie should of just had limited release in artsy-type movie theaters.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

That's not very hope and changey...

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote