ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

The Watchmen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Dec 2008, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default The Watchmen

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Kuk1ZALljY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Kuk1ZALljY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Thoughts?

I don't know much about them since I've never read the comics.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2008, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=3&id=63130

RIP Watchmen movie
Old 26 Dec 2008, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

couldnt make myself give a crap

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2008, 03:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
couldnt make myself give a crap
Same. So many people are gushing over this thing, and I could care less.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2008, 04:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond View Post
Same. So many people are gushing over this thing, and I could care less.
fanboys are stupid

Old 27 Dec 2008, 03:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I'm sure it can't be any worse than the Twilight craze that's taking over the country. At least the superhero fanbois have something somewhat cool to be fans off and a good majority of them aren't 12 year old girls that scream and cry everytime the name Edward is mentioned...even if it's not in reference to Twilight..

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2008, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

The book is amazing, but like all of Moore's work, it's getting the hack hollywood shit that he never wanted to see happen. And they're making a goddamned video game out of it too.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2008, 04:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
The book is amazing, but like all of Moore's work, it's getting the hack hollywood shit that he never wanted to see happen. And they're making a goddamned video game out of it too.
The last interview he did about the movie hitting a snag had Moore squealingly happy.
Old 03 Jan 2009, 09:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Probably the best way to reflect my opinion is in this "Letter" Article

A Fan's Angry Letter to Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O'Brien
Source: http://www.cracked.com/blog/fox-can-eat-several-dicks/

Dear Fox,

Eat all the dicks.

Love,

-DOB

PS

(Okay, let me clarify a little bit for anyone who might be reading this letter that isn’t either a)obsessed with The Watchmen or b) the head of the Fox Corporation.) Back in the 80s, Fox purchased the rights to a Watchmen movie and celebrated by not making it for 20 years. Now, Warner Brothers respected their decision but, oddly enough, felt that a Watchmen movie would look better if it was actually, you know, made. So, Warner Brothers decided to make it. They announced their plans well over a year ago and Watchmen is now one of the most anticipated movies of the year. If you saw The Dark Knight and, statistically speaking, you probably did, then you already saw the trailer.

If you’re me and, statistically speaking, you’re probably not, then you went back to your apartment and watched the trailer on Youtube over and over again and experienced an odd yet not totally unexpected sense of profound sexual arousal that you could really only describe as spiritual.

If you’re Fox, you patiently waited until the excitement over the movie reached a boner-inducing fever pitch, and then you decided to sue Warner Brothers and, according to the New York Times, you won. On Christmas Eve, a judge ruled that Fox has the right to, at the very least, distribute The Watchmen. Will they try to stop the release of the movie? Probably not, (though they certainly could). Will they try to change it? Again, no. Will they make some fat cash off of it? Certainly. Should they eat all the dicks? Without a doubt.

Now, Fox, I know that you didn’t technically do anything illegal. In terms of the way the American justice system works, you are completely within your rights to do exactly what you did. You owned the movie rights to The Watchmen, and Warner Brothers made the movie anyway. Without having a real firm grasp on the law, I can certainly understand the concept of someone taking somebody else’s thing. Like, if I bought bacon with the intention of cooking it, chopping it up and throwing it into one of my famous omelettes, I’d be real pissed if some jerk showed up, took all my bacon and made their own breakfast with it. Even if that jerk was Warner Brothers, and even if their breakfast looked fucking awesome.

But here’s the thing: You weren’t going to make that movie. You had the movie rights to the most important graphic novel of all time, and you just sat on it for a couple of decades while you focused on making other hit movies, (though I can’t for some reason think of a single one). The difference is that, when I buy bacon, I cook it almost immediately. I never just sit on it. (That’s the worst thing you can do with bacon.) And if you did want to make it, you should’ve spoken up when the movie was first announced. “Hey, Warner Brothers, don’t make that movie. We own it, and we will make it, we’re just very slow.” That would’ve been fine. But you decided to wait. You waited for Warner Brothers to buy some cheese, fry up some eggs, toast some English muffins cook its bacon, (I’m assuming here that Warner Brothers is making a bacon egg and cheese sandwich), and just when Warner Brothers was about to take a bite, you jumped out of the shadows and said “Hey, that’s mine!” Which is why I’ve popped out, from even darker shadows, shouting “Hey, eat all the dicks!”

You know what bothers me the most, you stupid, shitty bastards? You don’t want to crush this movie or stop its release. It’s not like you’re morally opposed to the subject matter, and it’s not like you’re artistically offended by the vision and interpretation of the source material by Warner Brothers or director Zack Snyder and as a result want to stop the movie from seeing the light of day. It’s not like there are a bunch of Fox employees who worked diligently on this movie; they’re not being screwed by Warner Brothers’ production. And it isn’t like you’re lashing out because you were going to make the movie and Snyder beat you to it; you had over twenty years and did nothing.

This is about money. You saw the chance to make a ridiculous sum of money, for no reason, and you’re going to take it.

And, when the law is on your side, it’s easy for you to argue that I don’t have a leg to stand on and, at the end of the day, you’re right. You’re a business, and you made what is perhaps the smartest move a business could make. You struck at the last second, thereby forcing Warner Brothers’ hand. They’ll have to settle with you, and they’ll have to pay whatever exorbitant sums you want, or else they can just refuse to distribute the film, which, given the anticipation, will screw Warner Brothers pretty hard.

But I don’t give a shit about the law right now, (or, hey, while we’re at it, ever). When it comes down to it, Zack Snyder worked hard on this movie. All of the actors and all of the crew members worked hard on it. The producers took a risk by giving Snyder complete creative control and a buttload of money. This is a movie that fans have been praying and begging for for decades. We want this movie and, more importantly, we want it done right. We want it to be visually stunning. We want to see the book’s complex themes brought to life. We want to see Dr. Manhattan’s glorious, blue genitals majestically flopping on the big screen.

A lot of people worked hard to make this movie what the fans want it to be and, based on the trailer, the behind the scenes video clips, most of the early reviews, this is as close as anyone will come.

You, Fox, did not do any of the work to get this movie to where it is, but you’re still going to make money off of it. And that’s a concept that I don’t quite understand, and I never will understand it. I can’t imagine that Warner Brothers has money tucked away specifically to pay to you, Fox, so I have to assume that whatever money goes to you was originally intended for someone else, someone who probably actually deserves it. You haven’t been able to make a decent hit blockbuster, so you’re pulling this crap. And that, Fox, you shameless, opportunistic, greedy, jealous, petty shit-parade, brings me back to my original thesis:

Eat all the dicks. Open your bitter, miserable mouth and eat all the dicks. Stop using that mouth of yours to whine, and get started on all these dicks you need to be eating. Keep eating dicks, even at night, even on weekends. Intuition will tell you that you’ve had enough dicks, but you will be wrong: You will never have eaten enough dicks. You may complain that what you’re doing is perfectly legal, but I’d argue that I’ve never read a law that specifically prohibits force-feeding a lethal amount of dicks down someone’s throat, (though, I’ll admit, I’m almost positive there is one). You may say “I don’t care what you think, DOB,” to which I’d respond, “That’s some tough talk for someone with an acre of dicks in their mouth.”

And even when you meekly protest that they don’t measure dicks in acres, I won’t be able to hear you.

Because of all the dicks.
Old 03 Jan 2009, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Dante.....if you agree with that letter, you are just as retarded as the fuckwit who wrote it

Fox owned the rights....they have attempted to make the movie at least 4 times since acquiring the rights.

Warner went ahead with plans to make the movie DESPITE Fox telling them that the distribution rights are still Fox's.

Warner's legal department decided the suit had no merit and proceeded anyway.
This is the same ace legal department that recently decided to sue a West Coast shoe company called DC Shoes because of a "trademark breach".... their logo was too similar to DC Comic's new logo. (DC is a property of Warner)

not only did Warner lose that lawsuit....BUT they got countersued because the legal department did not properly secure the rights to the logo.

Warner legal is shit.
Fanboys are retarded.

Old 04 Jan 2009, 07:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Eat all the Ducks CK, Being a Fanboy is Awesome

Fox should've made the movie theirselves, they had the fucking rights for like decades, Lazy Cunts

Last edited by Dante; 04 Jan 2009 at 07:22 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2009, 07:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post

Eat all the Ducks CK, Being a Fanboy is Awesome

Fox should've made the movie theirselves, they had the fucking rights for like decades, Lazy Cunts
retard.

Old 05 Mar 2009, 01:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
....Bang

Anyway... Saw the Movie Yesterday at an Advanced Screening and well

IT WAS TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME...

AWESOME IS NOT A GOOD ENOUGH WORD.... IT WAS ABSOFUCKINGTASTICREDIBLE-AWESOME

Normally I would ramble on and give you reasons but then you would be reading and not watching the Movie. GO WATCH THE MOVIE!

I'm going to watch it again today in IMAX
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

It's not the book, but it is pretty badass. I got to see the cast and director at Wondercon last weekend. It's insanely violent, great The thing is though, it's not really the book, but a great adaptation in movie format and I figure, they could have done something a lot worse so better Snyder and co. get it taken care of by people who are fans and are respectful than let a bunch of hollywood dipshits fuck it up completely.

They only screened the first half hour or so and a fight in the jail, which ended disturbingly.

See, here's the thing, Moore puts stuff down that makes sense in a comic setting, but when you see it portrayed on screen, it can look fucking retarded (V's dumb mask for one thing) but this time, when you see it in motion, it's incredibly fucked up to see the things we see in comics happen in real life. You'll know what I mean if you know the book and when you see it happen with people, not print. Comics are fucked up.

I think about going to a midnight screening, but it's like 3 hours long.

I also, think, I might wait until later when the full directors cut is our on dvd with the added Black Freighter story, but that shit's like 4 and 1/2 hours long.

But still, there are many creative aspects that moore used that can never be replicated in live action.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2009, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Got a buddy who is a HUGE fan. He's going to let me borrow the GN and we're going to go see. He's pumped. Looks like a lot of action and conspiracy and Cold War goodness, so I'm in...I guess.

We'll see.

Twilight = teh gay.

Fanboys of any ilk are retarded and incapable of assessing things from a balanced point of view...just my $0.02.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote