ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Frost/Nixon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2008, 02:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Frost/Nixon

Any of you seen it yet? I just finished watching it and I must say that it was excellent. The movie is about the 1977 Richard Nixon interviews by David Frost following Nixon's resignation.

It's a pretty interesting movie and it was very well-done. Check it out.

For anyone interested, the original interviews just came out on DVD a week or two ago.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 04:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Huh didn't notice this thread but yes I saw Frost/Nixon like last week or the week before that. It was a real good film, sure they take liberties with the actual historical facts, I'm sure Nixon didn't call Robert up late at night discussing Cheeseburgers and how they aren't very different and are only trying to rise above the pretentious bullshit of their peers but it’s still a great film.

The Interviews themselves are the real highlights of the film as it focused more on how Robert tries to psyche through Nixon’s mind games and rambling lectures and how Nixon tries to rebuild his tarnished reputation. Somehow it builds to the point where both men stand to lose or gain everything by how the interviews turn out.

It's Smart, Engaging and above all heartfelt. I actually started to feel sympathy for Nixon, now I know to the media he is one of the most despicable politicians but the movie brought out a hauntingly human side to Nixon.
Old 22 Jan 2009, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

It's probably my favorite of the best picture contenders. It and Doubt were the two best films of the year, IMO.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote