ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Tropic Thunder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Aug 2008, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default Tropic Thunder

If you haven't seen it, go see it. It's incredible. It's hilarious. That's all I'm going to say about it.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 12:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

yeah i saw it a few days ago, it was hilarious. great performances all around.
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
PWF's Best Pure Athlete

The Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of FamerThe Natural is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via MSN to The Natural

I wasn't planning on seeing it but I read the reviews and they said Downey Jr. stole the movie. So gave it a chance and actually enjoyed it.
Swaggering boisterously.
His face is weatherbeaten
He wears a hooded sash
With a silver hat about his head
And a bristling black mustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn wind is a RAIDER
Pillaging just for fun
He'll knock you 'round and upside down
And laugh when he's conquered and won.
The Natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

It was hilarious.

Stiller,Black,and Downey were all great in it.

So was Tom Cruise...not going to say anything else because I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

^ i didnt even realize it was him till the end of the movie.
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I thought the movie was Okay, I literally stopped caring about the story about the Time Stiller gets captured. It just got fucking lame then. It started off Great, the pre-trailers gave you insight into the their characters then the movie fucking stumbles and never seems to recover and just drags itself over the finish line ending in such a horrible and mediocre way. It was just rescue Stiller after they realised it was all real and that took a lot of the charm of the original story away. I almost felt insulted to believe I was part of the target audience and was expected to just accept the overall crappy ending...

Tom Cruise dancing in a fat suit does not count as a Good ending.

Its literally them getting choppered out of the Warzone...[scene missing]... Stiller wins an Ocar for the movie.... Wait What!? Were they filming them secretly the entire time? Wasn't the selling point of Tropic Thunder that they WEREN'T being filmed and they were in a REAL Warzone? I'm not an expert but that's a FUCKING GIGANTIC PLOT HOLE! Where the hell was the backlash for murdering the Dirctor or sending 5 Top tier movie acotrs into a Warzone? Also what about the fake War dude who fucking wrote the book? How did it become a fucking movie in the end when there was nobody directing or filming? What... the.... Fuck?

I know it was a satire movie but it was so neck deep in current pop culture trends and refrences I was just waiting for the E News story interview after the inncident... SOMETHING!?! I was actually looking foward to the Aftermath of the experience and they didn't even give you one, Just Stiller winning Best Actor and Tom Cruise in a fat suit dancing...

So bar the massive plot hole and dragging story it was okay, Its funny enough to gloss over some of its flaws. Of course Tom Cruise has lately looked like some fucked up conspiracy theorist crackpot lately with his Scientology crap and his casting in this kind of role in the movie is fucking GENIUS. It made me and everyone else seeing it hate Tom Cruise less...

Then I realised that was the plan for me to forget he's a Crazy Scientologist.... SO NOW I REALLY FUCKING HATE TOM CRUISE! Try and trick me...

Fuck You Tom Cruise.... I'M ON TO YOU!

Watch your Ass too Stiller, I'm starting to think you're one of them too!

Last edited by Dante; 24 Aug 2008 at 01:00 PM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2008, 12:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

/marks movie off of list of ones to see

Thanks =)

No sarcasm, really. You saved me $14.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Sep 2008, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
/marks movie off of list of ones to see

Thanks =)

No sarcasm, really. You saved me $14.
Big mistake.
Old 01 Sep 2008, 01:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Just wait until it comes out on DVD... I'm sure there will be some good stuff they'll throw in on that.

If you do just watch the first 45 minutes of the movie... That's about all you need to see