ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

2008 comic con recap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jul 2008, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default 2008 comic con recap

Ok, here's my recap of ComicCon. There was a lot to see. I'll post pics later. For now, here's how my trip went down.

Wed: Picked up my pass and waited in line to get in. For like 3 hours. It was preview night, but already packed. First thing I did was get my exclusive Batman and Joker figures. They're pretty badass. Then I picked up some of Micheal Turners last sketchbooks. I didn't really look at anything on Wed, just ran around grabbing prints and things I thought would sell out early. The other thing I wanted to get was this Tori Amos book that's full of stories based on her songs. If you were early in line, you could buy the book and get a pass to meet her on Sat. But I was too late on Wed. Try again tomorrow. I got some more prints right before the floor closed. It was only open for 3 hours. I put in for some sketch lists and commissioned a Buffy vs Faith piece before the show closed. I won't see that stuff for months though. On my way out, I grabbed an Adam Hughes women of DC poster and got him to sign it.

Thurs: Picked up my gf from the airport and headed straight to the con. Immediatly scored the Tori book and got the second to last ticket to meet her on Sat. Cladio from Coheed and Cambria was sitting around there. I wanted to throw up the devil horns, but he wasn't paying attention. This book is fucking huge. It's leather bound and is in this slipcase. It weighs a ton. I spent a lot of time lugging this fucker around and getting all these people involved to sign it. I think the next thing I did was head over to meet Grant Morrison. The line was chaos, but we figured it out and I got a few books signed by him, which is cool. He's a trippy guy. Then I went and tracked down Simone Bianchi, who's amazing. He was just painting and stuff, but I did manage to get him to sign a book for me. Then I went to meet Joeph Johns. He's a pretty mellow guy. Then we went to a DC panel with Dan Didio and a bunch of creators. I can't remember them all, but that was where Kevin Smith made a surprise appearance to announce his new book. He was pretty funny and that was a cool thing to happen. Random shit like that happens the whole weekend, so you never really know what's going to happen. I grabbed some other exclusive variant books and shit this day also, but I can't remember exactly what right now.

Fri: Friday was a busy day, since we weren't going to be there all day. I got my king greyskull exclusive figure, bonus it was the ultra limited bronze variant. Randomly saw J Scott Campbell at Jim Lee's booth and picked up his sketchbook, new book and poster. He drew a little sketch for me too. A big thing that I did this day, that I've been wanting to do for like 15 years, was to finally track down Bernie Wrightson and Jim Starlin at the same convention and get my Batman Cult books signed. We went to a Joss Whedon panel for Dr. Horrible and he talked about some of his other stuff. That was a huge panel and the line went on forever, but it was pretty fun. After that we made our way to Marvel and met Ron Lim (I got a sketch, but I don't really know him) Greg Pak, and Bryan Hitch. Hitch was cool as hell and my gf took a picture of me and him. He signed a bunch of my books. That was about it for the day. We got totally worn out around 4 so we just sat down and chilled. We had to carry so much shit. I spent the time from 4:00 to 6:00 running around by myself grabbing a bunch of the free shit everywhere since my gf was guarding our loot.

Sat: I was on my own this day. First thing I went to was this massive heroes panel with the entire cast, which never happens. They showed the season 3 premier and it was cool as hell. After that it was time to meet Tori. She was really charming and polite. I've been a fan of hers forever, so it was way cool to get this chance. Then after that I went to meet Gerard Way and the Umbrella Academy team. My ticket got picked, so I was in. They won a bunch of awards the night before. It was cool to meet them and get my book signed. For a bunch of people into death and goth and emo shit, they were all smiling and happy and stuff. After that, there was not much to do. It was already 5:00 so I just dropped off all my stuff and ran around taking pictures of statues and shit. I got my exclusive gow carmine figure and picked up more fucking prints. I have so much shit I need to frame. I'll take a pic of this GOW print I got and some of the other ones if anybody cares. I got these killer ones of girls on hotrods. It looks like it's from some post apocolyptic world though. I also got some other Buffy and Angel prints. Some space girls, iron man and shit like that. I ended the show in a Mythbusters panel which was amazingly popular. I couldn't believe how many people wanted into that show. Weird. I had to sit through some other panel first just to get a seat. Oh well, nothing left to do by then.

I'm trying to think if there was anything else. There were a lot of sluts dressing up in little clothes and costumes and shit. It was pretty fun. Didn't go on Sun, drove home. Which sucked balls man. It took me over 10 hours. I forgot, I grabbed this cartoon like LT figure. That's pretty cool. There is too much for me to remember right now though. So yeah, there's my recap. Pics to follow some time later on this week.

O Also, I met Paul Chadwick who did concrete, which I loved. I also ran into the guy that does Nico Belic I talked to him for a second but it was freaking me out. I saw Mick Foley riding in the back of this bicycle rickshaw deal. I said "Hey Mick" and he said "Hey how's it going." Random. There is just so much shit to do. For everything I did, there were like 5 more options I could have been doing. But it was fun.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2008, 05:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Thanks for the recap Sounds like you had a blast I can't wait to see the pics, especially the GeoW stuff since I'm a total fanboy for that game
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2008, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Glad you had fun Exo Can't wait for the pictures.

A couple of my friends from work went on Friday,I would've loved to have gone but I had to work and it was already sold out anyways.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Hey guys, here's the GOW swag I grabbed. Finally got around to getting the pics posted.

Here's Marcus and Fenix in plastic badass form.

And here's the print I got.

yep. Also, there's a GOW comic coming out that bridges the end of 1 and the beginning of 2, if anyones interested.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 20 Aug 2008, 04:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Those are all completely badass and me being a huge Gears fanboy, I'm very envious you have that stuff
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post
Those are all completely badass and me being a huge Gears fanboy, I'm very envious you have that stuff
You know what, the toys are only a couple bucks and they're around everywhere, but if I was thinking about it at the time, I should have picked up another print and shipped it to you. The guy only had like 3 left. I tried to find his website later on and see if he had any other art, but he doesn't have a site so fuck

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!