ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

The Dark Knight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jun 2008, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default The Dark Knight

Anybody else looking forward to this movie as much as I am?

It is my most anticipated movie of the year by far,I get excited each time I watch a trailer.

Out of all the comic book characters Batman is by far my favorite,I don't know much about him like other people do but I know enough from reading the comics and watching the cartoon when I was little.

Thoughts on this movie?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2008, 10:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Got my ticket, doubt I'll see it....

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2008, 10:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I can't wait for this.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default The Dark Knight

First off I want to say that Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker was imo Oscar worthy. Throughout most of the movie you didn't even know who the actor was and unless you already know it's Heath Ledger you probably wouldn't guess. The role was a spot on Joker. From laughs to very violent, it was all there. I dare to say that Jack Nicholson's shoes were filled and then some.

As for the rest of the movie, meh. It was good, don't get me wrong, but there was alot of room for improvement. Christian Bale's performance was barely on par. His voice when he was in his suit was overly annoying and I spent most of the movie wondering why he disguised it in the first place. But when he wasn't talking he did play a decent Batman.

The action sequences were what you'd probably expect from a summer action flick. Nothing really new or spectacular.

The story itself was quite good. It had enough twists to keep you guessing until the end. There's one "WTF!??" part that I wasn't expecting. Through the whole sequence you'll be like "Who the hell is that?" only to find out about 10 minutes later.

Overall it was good. But if it wasn't for Ledger's Joker performance it would be hard to recommend.

It's a solid 4 out of 5.

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2008, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Bale is the best Batman.
I dont get why people hate the rasp...he aint Keaton, so Batman and Bruce have different tones.

Joker was fuckin awesome...
I have no idea what "WTF" part you are talkin bout...

This one was better than the last.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2008, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
a.k.a. Carabiniere

Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Scuzz , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Bale is the best Batman.
I dont get why people hate the rasp...he aint Keaton, so Batman and Bruce have different tones.

Joker was fuckin awesome...
I have no idea what "WTF" part you are talkin bout...

This one was better than the last.
Spoiler

"The game of life is not so much holding a good hand as playing a poor one well" - Unknown
Scuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2008, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

Old 18 Jul 2008, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz
Christian Bale's performance was barely on par. His voice when he was in his suit was overly annoying and I spent most of the movie wondering why he disguised it in the first place. But when he wasn't talking he did play a decent Batman.
Egg-Zack-Leigh.

Very annoying. Kurt, I understand that Bale's annoying BatVoice sends BatShivers down to your Happy BatPlace...and I'm not in any way denying or calling into question your BatHeterosexuality.........but to me, and apparently I'm not alone on this, it's lame at best and just plain bitchassness at worst.

Bale does a great...GREAT Bruce Wayne. As Batman...he leaves many things to be desired, a non annoying voice chief among them.

There's another board I check out and everyone's practically spooging all over themselves in an effort to massage the Ledger performance.

My thoughts on Entertainment's Greatest Supervillan.

Caesar Romero was a joke. Shave your mustache if you're going to play The Joker.

Jack Nicholson was OUTSTANDING. Projected instability, insanity and good humor throughout. In the late eighties/early nineties, his performance personified exactly what The Joker was about in that day and age.

I have not kept up with Batman since at the latest 94. I have no idea what direction they've taken The Joker in over the past 14 years but the direction of Ledger's The Joker seems to be one appropos for the day. I was initially resistant to the first photos leaked, I have a feeling it will be very good, and as I understand it the story and execution surrounding The Joker is top notch.

I may actually see this one in the theaters.

And Keaton is the best Batman ever.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2008, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.

Glue, you must go see this movie as soon as the next non sold out showing...

Old 18 Jul 2008, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

I guess I have a new mission in life then.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2008, 01:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
Glue, you must go see this movie as soon as the next non sold out showing...
while we were waiting in line, they announced that the movie is sold out thru Thursday

Bale's bat-voice is only annoying when he trys to yell....when he's just talking its cool...its one of the best Bat-voices since TAS. His Bruce Wayne is absolute perfection.
Alfred, Gordon, Dent, Fox all perfectly cast...

Old 19 Jul 2008, 01:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I was supposed to see this tonight but by the time I got off work they were sold out.

Guess I'll see it sometime next week.
Old 19 Jul 2008, 01:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Yeah, The only show that was sold out till Tuesday was the 9:15, yesterday morning...The theater I went to is kinda out in the middle of nowhere and about a 20 minute drive from the house, but it has the Imax...We got there 2 hours early and we were still at the end of the theater...

Old 19 Jul 2008, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Merged the two threads together.

This was the best movie I have seen this year.

Ledger stole the movie for me...he was absolutely amazing.

Bale was great too and the raspy voice doesn't really bother me.

I actually really liked Aaron Eckhart in this movie as Harvey Dent,I thought he played the role well.

Once again...best movie I have seen this year.

I urge anyone who hasn't seen this movie to go see it now.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2008, 02:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
Yeah, The only show that was sold out till Tuesday was the 9:15, yesterday morning...The theater I went to is kinda out in the middle of nowhere and about a 20 minute drive from the house, but it has the Imax...We got there 2 hours early and we were still at the end of the theater...
the line was literally out the door.
The records for this movie will be thru the roof