ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

So this Greatest Rapper Tournament....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2008, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK
Default So this Greatest Rapper Tournament....

its a joke right?

John Cena is actually in this?
Where is Biz Markie? Vanilla Ice? Snow? Sisqo? Tag Team? MC Hammer? Tone Loc? Young MC? Sir Mixalot? Black Rob? Sugarhill Gang? Kris Kross? Jermaine Dupri? Chingy? Ja Rule?

seriously...shouldnt there be some qualifications for making the tourney?
Some stricter standards.... a little more than "my friend gave me the cd as a joke"

Goddam.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2008, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

There are a ton missing, but considering the nomination process was as simple as the first ____ ammount nominated are in....

The nomination process should've been better thought out.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I'm sorry that you guys feel that way.

Could you possibly explain to me how to run nominations for future reference?

If I came off as a dick with asking that question I'm sorry,I'm just not really having a good night.

Last edited by Jason; 14 Jul 2008 at 12:06 AM.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

If I came off as a dick with asking that question I'm sorry,I'm just not really having a good night.
I saw something very similar to this on another message board and loved their nomination process. It had all the nominations, then had a thread with all the nominations, then depending on how many they needed for the field....they listed say, five nominations to get out. This kicked out any stupid nominations.

So for this, the nomination thread would've been kept open longer, so more nominations could be taken into account. Then a thread would've been made to eliminate x nominations, depending on how big the field needed to be. Then the match ups decided, and voting to begin. It would've taken longer to get to the actual voting, but it would've most likely kept the likes of John Cena out of the tournament.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

that or "the greatest rapper" would have to meet some standards....like not being on WWE programming...maybe having multiple albums

Old 14 Jul 2008, 02:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
that or "the greatest rapper" would have to meet some standards....like not being on WWE programming...maybe having multiple albums

I laughed...

But come on, I'm sure Cena was just put in against Wayne, just to mock the little dread headed bitch...It worked.

Spear's idea for nominations was good, I'm stealing if I ever do a WWE tourney.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
its a joke right?

John Cena is actually in this?
Where is Biz Markie? Vanilla Ice? Snow? Sisqo? Tag Team? MC Hammer? Tone Loc? Young MC? Sir Mixalot? Black Rob? Sugarhill Gang? Kris Kross? Jermaine Dupri? Chingy? Ja Rule?

seriously...shouldnt there be some qualifications for making the tourney?
Some stricter standards.... a little more than "my friend gave me the cd as a joke"

Goddam.
When asking the same question, I was answered with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
He closed after thirty-two nominations, which is a good place to close, because it is a round number. I don't see this tourney reaching sixty-four...but since you had to bitch and don't know your facts, I added the other two rappers. I also added some more. One more thing Sam, you haven't been around for how long, and then you just pop in once and a while...well if you don't like it, there's the motherfucking door, don't let it hit you on the way out!
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Atleast you represent free speech. The people picked and now the people are voting without any real interference from you. Personally, I think CK is on drugs or something, acting like a rap tourney isn't complete without guys such as MC Hammer.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Sorry for fighting in your tournament, Jason.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Atleast you represent free speech. The people picked and now the people are voting without any real interference from you. Personally, I think CK is on drugs or something, acting like a rap tourney isn't complete without guys such as MC Hammer.
the list of guys I put up were jokes who should never be mentioned in a conversation about the "Greatest Rapper Alive" let alone be nominated for the title...just like John Cena.

You missed my patented sarcasm.

The greatest rappper alive should have at least one album that can be called classic ....Like an "Illmatic" a "Chronic" or "The Black Album"....

The greatest rapper alive should have been rappin for more than 20 minutes.

The greatest rapper alive should have at least one track that kicks ass.

....and the greatest rapper alive has never been in the WWE

Old 14 Jul 2008, 06:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yeah, I guess I missed that joke, I thought that list was your main reason for makin this thread. Should've realized it, but PWF's taste in rap has proven to be very diverse, so who the hell knows these days. It's cool that you want only credible rappers, it's just hard to find qualifications that are fair. If the tourney was "alive rappers with a gold or better album," people would argue that popularity doesn't matter. If the tourney was "alive rappers with an album given 5 mics by the Source," people would argue that they missed someone, or they weren't credible enough, or something. And if it's "alive rappers with classic albums," then yeah, everyone and their mother is gonna have a different opinion on that.

I'm not sure how Jason structured this tourney, whether he's using byes or not, but bottom line is that we picked who was in it. Everyone who needs to be there is there. Sam even got Mos Def and Talib Kweli added, I'm thinking one of them is probably his father. Way I see it, the weak will be weeded out and everything'll work out by the time the tourney's finished.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 07:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Sorry for fighting in your tournament, Jason.
It's all good no worries man

If I ever do another tourney I'll go with Spear's idea.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2008, 07:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

If the final end up being Jay-Z vs Nas (which I think it will be) then like Alex said, I think it evens out in the end.

Last edited by Tr(uth)iple H; 14 Jul 2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

The way I see it, there aren't 32 rappers alive or dead who could make a claim at Greatest Rapper.

This contest should probably be about 10-12 rappers and narrowed down from there

Old 19 Jul 2008, 07:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

The shit Nas and DMX has done in this tourney has been pretty awesome. Neither has a vote against them in the 1st two rounds. I don't care for either guy anymore, but they have made this more interesting.