ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Hancock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jul 2008, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Hancock

Well I went out to go see Will Smith's latest offering. I've always been a fan of Smith's usual Family friendly blockbusters and to be honest I looked past all the obvious flaws of Hancock and really enjoyed it for what it was... A Superhero film about a regular guy.

Lots of things get glossed over and lost in big screen superhero movies like who is accountbale for all the damage done to city while chasing the bad guys and normal shit that seems to not be relivent in comic book pages. Now the premise was great until the plot twist comes in and completely derails the entire film, yes M Night Shyamalan twist worthy in the contet of the overall story...

Anyway, the film isn't that bad, it's not some mis-understood masterpiece but it's just interesting enough to warrant a viewing. This movie will probably polarise a lot of people.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

I just saw it today. It was really good light hearted comedy up until midway through it when the plot got really stupid and nonsensical. Plot holes galore in the second half and they tried to make it have some kind of tragic message which just didn't work. Worth a DVD hiring but not sure its one that you have to see at the movies.

If they had kept going in the light hearted comedic vein it could have been really really good but once they got more serious and plot heavy with it it dropped away pretty majorly.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2008, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I enjoyed it all the way through and just thought it was an all around great fun movie.

I'm a big fan of Will Smith so I usually like anything he's in and this was no different.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote