ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Wondercon time

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Feb 2008, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Wondercon time

Wondercon is the first big nerd/comic fest of the year. It's run by the same promotion as the SDCC. It's gotten pretty big, so I'm going to go for each day. Otherwise, it's a pain to see everything in one day and on sunday I'm going to try to check out the panel with the Terminator crew. Including my new girlfriend...Anyways, I know there's a lot of posters in the bay area and just wanted to see if anyone ever checks it out. I know I ask every year. It's got tons of art, tv/movie stuff, sci-fi, toys and all that sort of crap along with comics. It's also premiering the DC New Frontier movie, which should be badass

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Well, I had a pretty good time. Here's how it went down.

Fri: Took off work at 4:45 and got there by 5:00. I picked up my badge the night before so just walked right in. Met Brian Wood (DMZ, Northlanders) who was really cool. He signed a bunch of books and we talked for a minute. Walked around to see who else was signing and ran into J Scott Campbell (Danger Girl) and he signed a bunch of shit too. He had a sketchbook with some smoking hot illustrations in it. He said he's still going to do spiderman, someday. I wondered around the artist area and found this dude with some killer artwork. http://www.orbitalharvest.com I picked up this badass ironman print.

I'm gonna follow up with him about some design work over at ILM. I found out where some other people were at and checked in with some people I've met a bunch of times now and basically got everything figured out for what to do on Sat. The floor closed at 7:00 so I hit the registration booth and got my gf's badge for Sat.

Sat: We showed up at 9:55 and the line to get in was a fucking 5 mile long bunch of bullshit. But, since we both had our passes, we walked straight up to the door and walked right in, which I'm sure was pissing these people off. I was like, See ya, suckers. We went to pick up some art from Billy Martinez who does these totally badass paintings of these chicks and runs this independent press down in SD. http://www.nekopresscomics.com/index.shtml We got this girl,

and we met this other illustrator that my gf liked. He was doing little doodles and sketches and shit and was having a good time.

More on that later. Then we checked out some of the other crazy shit that was there. There's always too much shit to look at. We made our way back to the artist area and found out Jim Lee was going to do a signing at 11:30, so we got in line. It was a mess of confusion. But I had gotten a copy of All Star Batman and Robin signed by Frank Miller a couple of years back and have been trying to get Lee to sign it also. We were pretty close to the front of the line though, so we got through no prob. I have a ton of shit signed by Lee, but it's hard to get Miller to sign shit cause he's never around. Took off from there and dropped the book of with CGC to get it slabbed. Then we went to this artist I met the night before. http://www.shomurase.com/ She was awsome. Her work is so cool. We talked to her for a little while and she cut us a great deal on 2 prints. Her sites all flash so I can't link to the ones we got, but her stuff is killer. From there we hit up some lunch, which is like a little 15 dollar rip off salad, but whatever and then go looking to track down a couple books.

Now, normally, I don't really buy books at the con's because it's hard to find good deals and mostly they're just trying to rip off on people looking for autographs. Like "Hey, so and so is right over there, pick up this overpriced book and go get him to sign it, it's no prob." And then some dumb idiot is out 15 bucks on a 3 dollar book that he can't even get signed. So fuck that. Nobody had the book I wanted, Batman: The Man Who Laughs. It was a bummer, since she's a Joker fan. So we check out this watercolor artist that I'd found and we look through his book and there's this awsome print of the animated Joker in there and his face is all dripping and shit. It was really fucking cool, so we picked that up. The guy was kind of a jerk though. After that, things were getting way too crowded, and this was like 2:00, so we took off cause she'd seen enough and we had to drive out to Sacramento to meet up with my parents who drove up for some shit.

Sun: I came back on Sunday at 12:00 to catch up on anything I missed. Found this guy doing some cool children's books. http://www.madcreator.com/main.html He was pretty cool then I found another artist, but I can't remember his name right now. I picked up his book and he drew me a sketch. Then I went back to the Neko table and picked up the doodle art guy's book and had him draw a sketch for my gf and sign the book for her. He was pretty thrilled about that. I found a copy of NYX#3 for a really good price so I grabbed that and then checked out some more art. Found some guys that I'll have to look into later some time and found this girl doing all these cool little drawings of stuff. She drew me a Darth Vader and a Buffy watercolor. They're tiny, but cool. I hope I can find her card.

After that, it was 2:00 so I went to get a seat for the Terminator Panel with Summer, Dekker and Brian Green (lol) and some producers. They didn't go on until 2:30, but the place got fucking packed. They were pretty cool. The dekker kid is kind of a douche bag, but whatever. Summer was fucking so hot. After that, I called it a day. I wanted to see the New Frontier showing, but I was getting sick of being there and spending so much money. But it was cool and that's what I did all weekend.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote