ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Jessica Simpson movie makes $384 opening day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2007, 02:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default Jessica Simpson movie makes $384 opening day

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...-of-the-48.php

2007 began with news about ZYZZYX ROAD, the Leo Grillo/Katherine Heigl/Tom Sizemore film that made history by becoming the lowest grossing movie of all time ($20 from one screen).

It’s perhaps fitting that as the year comes to a close we hear about BLONDE AMBITION, a Jessica Simpson movie that has just racked up an astonishing $384 opening day.

/Film gives us the following:-

“Blonde Ambition averaged $48 per screen on Friday for a total box office of $384. Based on an $8 ticket price, that means that 6 people paid to see the movie at each of those theatres, and only 48 people went to see the movie! That’s amazing! One of the worst performances a movie has ever had.

“I am projecting that Jessica’s “star vehicle” will gross just $1,190 this weekend or $149 per location.”

Simpson’s movie only played on eight screens, but if these numbers are proof of anything, it’s that Jessica is not a movie star. She belongs on reality television and the run of dreadful sounding movies she’s doing will likely ensure that she returns to the small screen.

With BLONDE AMBITION, Simpson’s clearly riffing on Melanie Griffith’s turn in WORKING GIRL, and up next she’ll ape Goldie Hawn’s PRIVATE BENJAMIN in the ironically titled MAJOR MOVIE STAR. There’s also been talk of her taking a run at PRETTY WOMAN territory in a remake (read: “re-imagining” to navigate copyright laws).

Spare a thought for Luke Wilson, though. Not only has he appeared in this travesty he’s also seen his film IDIOCRACY buried by Fox. That film may yet acquire a cult following thanks to the emergence of Brawndo as a real product.

However I can’t see the same happening with BLONDE AMBITION. The only thing this film seems good for is a pre-Waterboarding torture warm-up for detainees at Guantanamo Bay.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2007, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

LMMFAO

Old 24 Dec 2007, 07:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

On one hand, it's nice to know that people won't just go to the movies to see anything. Sometimes it seems that way, when you hear about all these stupid movies doing well, but not this time.

On the other hand, now that people are ignoring it, it makes me wonder if the movie is actually good. I know it stars Jessica Simpson and it doesn't sound interesting... but maybe they pulled it off. That's just how I think. I usually don't share the majority opinion. The fact that this movie wasn't seen by alot of people almost makes it interesting to me. I won't watch it, though. I've got better things to do.

On a side note, though, I did stay up to see The Negotiator (starring Samuel L. Jackson) on TV last night despite the fact that I was dead tired. Now that's a good movie.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2007, 07:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

fianl weekend amount came to $1,300

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 03:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Who the fuck would name a movie ZYZZYX Road?

"Hey dude..You wanna check out ZYZZYX tonight?"...WTF.
Old 25 Dec 2007, 06:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

One can tell just from the name of the movie thats its gonna be shit, let alone the cast, funny shit. Oh well, i'm sure the people that spent their money watching that movie did so just to oogle on Jessica Simpson in an empty cinema.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2007, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly as hell
One can tell just from the name of the movie thats its gonna be shit, let alone the cast, funny shit. Oh well, i'm sure the people that spent their money watching that movie did so just to oogle on Jessica Simpson in an empty cinema.