ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

HBO Shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2007, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default HBO Shows

HBO has, by far, some of the best television series around.

The Sopranos is easily my favorite show. I've seen every episode and I'm actually re-watching them all on DVD. For those who don't know what it's about (although I'm sure everyone does), it's about a guy named Tony Soprano who's pretty much born into a life of organized crime. He eventually becomes the boss of the family. The show focuses basically on his life. It's mostly about how his family lives their lives while the head of household is the boss of the top New Jersey family. It's a great show and there's absolutely no reason why anyone shouldn't watch it start to finish.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is another great HBO show. It's a comedy based on the real/fictional life of Larry David who, for those of you who don't know, is the creator of the show Seinfeld. A lot of big names are in the show such as Ted Danson, Wanda Sykes, Jason Alexander makes a few appearances as does Julia Louis-Dreyfus. What makes this show so great and hilarious is that 95% of it is improvised. Basically, what Larry said in an interview once is that they write a one or two paged story and before each scene is shot, the actors will be told something like "all you need to know is that you're running late to a meeting and your wife just got home" and from that they create a scene. Larry David is absolutely hilarious, and after watching the show you start to realize that most of Seinfeld is all from Larry David's mind, mostly Jason Alexander's character George Costanza who is supposed to be a loose portrayal of Larry David. The sixth, and apparently final, season just premiered last Sunday. It's been two years since the last season. I've seen every episode of this show as well. I'd definitely recommend it to any Seinfeld fans. Even if you didn't like Seinfeld, I think any comedy fan would be able to appreciate the improv comedy in the show. If you've never seen it, check it out.

Entourage is a great show. It took me a while to actually get into this one. Basically, it's about the life of a rising star actor named Vincent Chase and his posse which include his driver, Turtle, his manager and best friend E, his brother and fellow actor Johnny "Drama" Chase, and his hilarious agent Ari Gold. Everytime I watch the show it makes me wish I was rich and famous. Every aspect of their lives is sooo fucking cool and I think that's a lot of what makes the show so great. I know a ton of people who love this show and thought I was the wierdest person in the world when it came out because I didn't like it. I've really gotten into it though and it's wonderful. Season 4 just ended, can't wait for season 5.

A great comedy on HBO that no one really seems to have heard about is Flight of the Conchords. It's a show about two New Zealanders, Brett and Jermaine, who are in a band and just moved to New York City with their manager, Murray (played by Rhys Darby). Pretty much, the show is just stupid humor that's not too stupid that it's not funny. Pretty much, their songs (to them) are supposed to be serious, but the lyrics are just fucking incredibly funny. The music itself is great and takes on several aspects you'd find in a lot of 80's or 90's pop bands, but the lyrics and characters just make the show great. Definitely, definitely, definitely, definitely watch this show when you can. The first season ended a week or two ago but they've been signed on for a second season. And FYI, they are actually a real comedy act band. They did a special on HBO a while back that's pretty funny, but seeing or hearing them live is not nearly as funny as watching them play their music in character on the show.

Most of the episodes from all of the shows can be found at http://tv-links.co.uk/index.do (make sure you have DivX).

What other HBO shows are good?
Old 12 Sep 2007, 01:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Lucky Louie was an awesome show, starring Louis CK.

It was absolutely criminal that they canceled it.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2007, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
****** By *************s Again

Hardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of FamerHardy is a PWF Hall of Famer

^
I agree. That was really the only HBO show I ever watched. Never cared much for the Sopranos. I do watch Curb Your Enthusiasm occasionally.