ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

some great comedy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Sep 2007, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Default some great comedy

So I'm sure you all know who Joe Rogan is, whether it be from Fear Factor, UFC, or The Mann Show. What I didn't know until a few weeks ago is that he's a stand up comedian and he's freakin' hilarious.

If you get the chance, buy/download his album Shiny Happy Jihad. He talks a lot about his career and why he agreed to do Fear Factor, his more "peaceful" solutions to solving the problems in the Middle East, and why he thinks gay people are funny.

It's definitely some very crude humor that I find hysterical. Check it out.

Another good comedian is Bob Saget from Full House and America's Funniest Home Videos. I knew he was a comedian and I've heard a lot of good things about his comedy routine the past few years but I never really heard any of it until the other day. He's got a special on HBO (it's OnDemand if you've got it) that's pretty fucking funny. You can tell that he's making most of it up as he goes along. It's VERY crude and there are times when you'll find yourself sitting there thinking "all this guy is doing is saying random curse words over and over", and basically that's what a lot of it is. It's got some really funny parts though that more than make up for the excessive cursing. You'll see what I mean if you watch the special. He makes a lot of references to Full House and his cameo in Half Baked. It's great.

My favorite comedian is still Mitch Hedberg though. If you've never heard his stuff than you've really gotta check it out. I find him funnier on CD than actually watching him. Most of his comedy is just one-liners, but not really as straight forward as other one-liner comedians like Steven Wright. He expands on many of them, unlike Wright who just used to shoot one-liner after one-liner for an hour. Unfortuneatly, he was only able to put out two albums before he died. His first is Strategic Grill Locations which is great, but if it's your first time hearing him, I'd suggest his later CD Mitch All Together. His style and voice just make everything that comes out of his mouth a riot.

I'd really recommend any of the three, although I don't really like Saget as much as Rogan and Hedberg. If you've got any free time try to get Rogan's Shiny Happy Jihad or Mitch's Mitch All Together and definitely watch Bob Saget's HBO special.

What other comedians do you guys like?