ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Exo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2007, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Exo...

Okay, i'll upload those songs.

Here's the first one.

The Blues
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...A0582A46CCDB17

This is by far my favourite track. You probably won't like it though because you said you didn't like the piano in the gnr songs.

Chinese Democracy

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...96ED4A5649F6B5

There Was A Time

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...62E6865F9D1199

I.R.S

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...53A61D47B16F6F

Last edited by Rebel; 14 Aug 2007 at 05:58 PM.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2007, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

first impression, that piano was really like something 70's/air supply sounding.

Second impression: Axl's first line actually made me cringe. I am not sure what he said, but can't believe it was recorded.

All the wuv intheworlcouldnsaaavewooooo???

The screaming parts sound like regular axl. But that warbly stuff is for shit. Awful. His high pitched vocals sound weak too. What happened to his snarl?

It got a little better when everything kicked in, but then, wtf is with the string and horn section? The guitar solo sounded limp. I don’t know why it was so processed and backwards. I know Bucket can play better than this. At least he picked it up at the cressendo, but the ending was awful.

If you get rid of Axl’s voice, this could pass for a seal’s and croft song. Reb, you can’t possibly enjoy this.

The whole bouncy piano swing vibe just doesn’t sound like GnR. You can say it’s not supposed to, or that Axl’s doing something different, but this is no good. The lyrics might actually be good, but I can’t really make out what he’s saying most of the time, but that’s nothing new.

Overproduced, overblown, self indulgent...maybe Axl made this album for fans of andrew loyd webber

Next song please and tell me it’s better.

Ok, I listened to it twice and that is a carly simon song. That song is everything people thought was wrong with UYI x 100. November Rain is light years better than that song and it has all of the same elements. How did it get so fucked up???

Chinese Democracy is pretty good. I must admit, I like this digital sound a lot more. It has a cool Garbage feel to it. The riff is a little common in itís chord structure, which I think holds it back. But I could see this song being a pretty cool soundtrack or movie theme. I still donít like the backwards guitar sound, but Bucket is playing some cool stuff in his solo. And I liked the intro. The end was a little abrupt. But overall, This is a far better song and works better with his voice because heís not trying so hard to be all emotional or something.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2007, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
first impression, that piano was really like something 70's/air supply sounding.

Second impression: Axl's first line actually made me cringe. I am not sure what he said, but can't believe it was recorded.

All the wuv intheworlcouldnsaaavewooooo???

The screaming parts sound like regular axl. But that warbly stuff is for shit. Awful. His high pitched vocals sound weak too. What happened to his snarl?

It got a little better when everything kicked in, but then, wtf is with the string and horn section? The guitar solo sounded limp. I don’t know why it was so processed and backwards. I know Bucket can play better than this. At least he picked it up at the cressendo, but the ending was awful.

If you get rid of Axl’s voice, this could pass for a seal’s and croft song. Reb, you can’t possibly enjoy this.

The whole bouncy piano swing vibe just doesn’t sound like GnR. You can say it’s not supposed to, or that Axl’s doing something different, but this is no good. The lyrics might actually be good, but I can’t really make out what he’s saying most of the time, but that’s nothing new.

Overproduced, overblown, self indulgent...maybe Axl made this album for fans of andrew loyd webber

Next song please and tell me it’s better.
The thing I always laugh at is when people say "This doesn't sound like gnr". I don't know why people say this because there isn't one gnr that sounds like the other. Live Like A Suicide doesn't sound like Appetite. Appetite doesn't sound like Lies. And Lies doesn't sound like UYI. I don't know what you're expecting. Were you bitching back in 88 when they made an "pussy" acoustic album? Or what about 91 when they added a piano?

Axl has come out and said he doesn't expect people to listen to it and say "Hey, this sounds like classic gnr."

I just love the fact how you seem so suprised to hear strings and horns.

Seriously, is Appetite the only gnr album you ever listened to? They've been doing this since day one.

And i'll agree that the solo does sound awkward. btw its not Buckethead playing that solo.

And I think the ending is the best part of the song...
Old 14 Aug 2007, 05:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
The thing I always laugh at is when people say "This doesn't sound like gnr". I don't know why people say this because there isn't one gnr that sounds like the other. Live Like A Suicide doesn't sound like Appetite. Appetite doesn't sound like Lies. And Lies doesn't sound like UYI. I don't know what you're expecting. Were you bitching back in 88 when they made an "pussy" acoustic album? Or what about 91 when they added a piano?

Axl has come out and said he doesn't expect people to listen to it and say "Hey, this sounds like classic gnr."

I just love the fact how you seem so suprised to hear strings and horns.

Seriously, is Appetite the only gnr album you ever listened to? They've been doing this since day one.

And i'll agree that the solo does sound awkward. btw its not Buckethead playing that solo.

And I think the ending is the best part of the song...
All those albums sound like they came from the same band though. That blues song sounds like it came from Elton John. If it's not going to at least have some resemblance to GnR, why even call it that? A dippy piano line with cheesy strings and horns sounds like crap. Reb, you know it's not good. Lies sounded good following Apetite, and UYI sounded good following Lies. If they came out with that song instead
of Patience, I would have been stunned and dropped dead.

Wait, Spagetti was a horrible album too...

Like I said, November Rain had strings and piano, and it sounds like it came from a contemporary band that was doing something unique.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 14 Aug 2007, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
All those albums sound like they came from the same band though. That blues song sounds like it came from Elton John. If it's not going to at least have some resemblance to GnR, why even call it that? A dippy piano line with cheesy strings and horns sounds like crap. Reb, you know it's not good. Lies sounded good following Apetite, and UYI sounded good following Lies. If they came out with that song instead
of Patience, I would have been stunned and dropped dead.

Wait, Spagetti was a horrible album too...

Like I said, November Rain had strings and piano, and it sounds like it came from a contemporary band that was doing something unique.
Well you just ended this. I have nothing to say.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

There was a time has some good and bad. I liked the intro and the verses. The guitar is pretty cool and Axl’s rappish lyrics sound good over the processed stuff. The chorus sucked for me. The bridge sounded fine but went on too damn long. The little break down sounded cool and Reb, that is how you use piano in a song like this. The solo was pretty good. I really miss that big Les Paul/Marshall sound thought that Slash used. Maybe it’s just the mp3, but it sounds too compressed. It leads well enough into the outro which again, sounds good enough. I absolutely hate the string arrangements on this though. Think how much nicer it would have been with just some acustic guitar or a crisp distorted guitar. Axl’s voice sounds better here. Especially in the ending where he’s pushing it. He’s staying within his range and it works much better. I feel like it’s going on for too damn long though and I don’t like how the strings are pushed ahead of the guitar solo sometimes, but that might be the file again. As soon as I think it’s getting close to ending, Axl starts singing again lol. Sometimes it sounded like the guitar player ran out of ideas of stuff to play Honestly, it’s not bad. It just doesn’t feel very cohesive I guess. I really think he could have cut about 1.5 – 2 mins out of that song and it would have been much better. I also think the ending would have been better with a theme for the guitar to play off of, like in the ending to November Rain, where he keeps playing off that main line.

IRS sounds ok, except for Axl sounds fucking horrible. I like the slower parts better here but it switches up too much. Iím starting to get sick of this guitar player though lol. Slash had a lot of emotion in his solos, but these are starting to sound completely interchangable. I am much happier to hear an acoustic guitar instead of a cheesy piano or violin here. I think all the stuff going on in this song sounded better on CD. Personally, if this song were stripped back and turned into a straight forward rock song, I think it would be much better. For some reason, it just sounds like itís trying to hard.

Ok, and hereís what really pisses me off. If it werenít so over the top and fucked with, it would be a much cooler song. If he stopped fucking around with all these damned arrangements and spending forever to over track everything, I bet this would have turned out a really good rock song. Think about all the stuff that works so well with VR. Itís not overly complicated. Itís got clear instruments in that you can tell what you are listening to. You can hear each guitar line and drum beat. Because Axlís spent so much time picking this album apart, it is losing all of itís real impact. Thatís whatís really disappointing. I think that there are a lot of good pieces of music on these songs, theyíre just needlessly fucked with till they all turn into this big wall of noise. I will even admit that I like the whole electronic sound thatís happening a lot, but itís too overproduced everywhere.

I dunno. I will admit that itís not horrible or anything and that thereís some good stuff here. Itís just that my biggest fears of it being this incredibly huge ego driven production has come true. I bet if you gave 5 guys the sheet music and told them they had 3 days to record these songs, theyíd kick ass.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 15 Aug 2007, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo

IRS sounds ok, except for Axl sounds fucking horrible. I like the slower parts better here but it switches up too much. Iím starting to get sick of this guitar player though lol. Slash had a lot of emotion in his solos, but these are starting to sound completely interchangable. I am much happier to hear an acoustic guitar instead of a cheesy piano or violin here. I think all the stuff going on in this song sounded better on CD. Personally, if this song were stripped back and turned into a straight forward rock song, I think it would be much better. For some reason, it just sounds like itís trying to hard.
I'm not really a big fan of IRS at all.

I agree about the solos. They seem like they're just thrown in there. But who knows whats going to happen with the final version of the song. The first IRS leak we got last year didn't even have those solos. The IRS I uploaded was leaked like 3 months ago (I think?) and it sounds like the music was rerecorded with the new solos but the vocals were just dubbed over.

Another thing too you have to remember about these leaks is that these could be from like 98-99 or they could be from 4 months ago. No one knows. Well everyone is pretty sure The Blues and Chinese Democracy are newer recordings. If you listen to how The Blues or Chrinese Democracy was played live how like they are played live today they sound different. And the leaks sound like how they were played during the last tour. So by the time the album comes out they could sound alot different. Better or worse who knows...

I'll upload the rest later. The ones left are Better, Madagascar, and Catcher In The Rye.
Old 15 Aug 2007, 10:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

GnR Lies was many things...but a "pussy" acoustic album is not one of them.

There's absolutely nothing "pussy" about Lies.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2007, 07:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
GnR Lies was many things...but a "pussy" acoustic album is not one of them.

There's absolutely nothing "pussy" about Lies.

Late.
Oh I know that. Its just Exo seems to think if a song isn't all heavy and in your face then its gay. Thats why I had pussy in quotations.

Lies has so much aggression. Its like the angriest album ever.