ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Rebel's weekend full of concerts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2007, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default Rebel's weekend full of concerts

Last night I went to the Slayer/Manson concert.

I really don't like Slayer at all, and neither does my buddy. So we decided to get trashed at the bar at the venue instead of going to our seats and listening to Slayer which was probably the best decision ever.

So this bar we go to is one big patio and has three levels on it. We're sitting at the top. We see this smoking hot chick wearing a bikini top with this huge boobs walking up the stairs, and we're just eye raping the shit out of her. She goes to the bar grabs a beer then comes up to our table and is like "Is this seat free boys?" I was like "It sure is." It turns out she's a stripper. She sat there and talked with us for over an hour. The only reason why we stopped talking was because Manson was going to come on stage and we all needed to get to our seats. I got her number, so we'll see how this goes. I kinda pulled a George Costanza though. I'm 25, licened plumber who has their own work van and everything. You know... making the big bucks.

Anyways, on to the concert. I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know what the crowd was going to be like. I didn't know what the band would sound like. But everything was great. Manson sounded really good. It was like listening to one of the albums. The music sounded great, and the vocals were great.

He's really good up on stage and tries to put on a show. During some songs he has some props up there. Like during the Fight Song he was wearing a boxing robe, and there was a mini wrestling ring in the middle of the stage and the micophone came down from the ceiling. And during Tourniquet (Shit... I think it was Tourniquet?) he was up on this podium with all of these mircophones. It just looked cool.

He played almost all of his big hits. Although he didn't play This Is The New Shit which sucks because that song is so bad ass.

Thats pretty much it.

Alice In Chains/VR tomorrow.
Old 13 Aug 2007, 06:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Okay let me start off by saying Jerry Cantrell is a god. He is the coolest musican ever. Like you can't even agrue it. He is the best. Tri, I take back what I said before. I'd take AIC with Duvall over VR any day. They blew VR out of the water by MILES. Its fucking unreal how close Duvall sounds to Layne. If I was blind I would of thought Layne was on stage.

Alice In Chains is the best sounding band I have ever seen. Everything was dead on. The vocal melodies between Cantrell and Duvall were amazing. They were perfect.

I just wish their set was longer. They played for an hour. I was so disappoionted when they were done. I would of rather of them played all night over VR. But I mean, this is my fourth time seeing VR, so thats the only reason why i'm saying that.

While they were playing Duff and Dave were at the side of the stage watching them. That was pretty cool to see.

But the coolest part is when I shook Duvall's hand though. During the VR set he came out to watch them for a bit. He was standing right below me, so I went to the railing and yelled at him. It took awhile to get his attention, but he came over and shook my hand and I told him he fucking rocks.

Well I could go on all night about how much Alice In Chains kicks ass, so I better move onto the opener...

Kill Hannah opened for them. I didn't know who they were before yesterday, and I don't know if they're more popular in the US or what. But they were really good. They played a pretty cool cover of Rebel Yell. I'm going to have to look for their cd next time i'm at the store.

Onto VR...

The two biggest shocks of the night: PATIENCE AND INTERSTATE LOVE SONG.

Wow... I never ever thought they'd play these two songs. The place went fucking insane for these two songs which they played back to back. The set list was perfect. It was impossible to make it better. Other old songs they played were Mr. Brownstone, Its So Easy, Sex Type Thing, and Vasoline. Oh and they also covered Wish You Were Here. I love it when they play the old classics. Hell, I wouldn't care if they just played those all night and didn't even play any VR songs.