ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

ok Reb, tell me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jul 2007, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default ok Reb, tell me

Should I drop the dough to see VR on this tour? You tell me, since you've seen them a bunch. Also, I need to know asap, since presale starts on the 11th.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 06:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Rebel
Yes oh my god yes. I thought Contraband was the greatest rock album of the last ten years, but Libertad is even better. Oh man Libertad is amazing. Seeing them perform is amazing too. I was like right in front of Duff and he winked at me. Slash just kinda stared off into nowhere but holy shit he was amazing too. You gotta go see them but you gotta make sure you get front row.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 06:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
hmmm, I suppose I should have done some research...

WAIT A SECOND, YOU'RE FUCKING WITH ME!!!

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 09 Jul 2007, 06:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Yes go for sure. You should of seen them on the last tour though. They only played clubs and tickets were only $30. You can't beat that. Now I just paid $100 for one ticket on this upcomming tour. But either way, its still worth it for sure. They sound really good now. Some people get turned off by the way Scott is on stage. But thats mostly guys stuck in the 80s with mullets wishing they were watching Guns n Roses...

Anyways, this is from my thread I made last time I saw them:

Quote:
I saw VR at the Kool Haus in Toronto last night. Its a smaller venue, so its pretty cool to see a big band like this in such a small place. I got in line at 4:50 and didn't get in until 8:30. It was a long ass wait. But it was worth it. I was second row from the stage, right in front of Duff.

This shitty ass band called The Actual opened. They suck. Don't bother to check them out. Ever.

Velvet Revolver finally came out around 10:30. They opened with a new song called Let It Roll. Almost all of the new songs sounded pretty good. They played six new songs. The Last Fight is by far the best new song.

The band sounded better then ever. I said before they didn't sound so good the last two times I seen them. But they sounded really good this time.

Duff looks really old. You can tell booze and drugs have taken a toll on him. Slash is amazing up there. He' so cool and nonchalant. When Duff, Dave, or Scott are right at the edge of the stage, and everyone is screaming at them they smile at you and make it know they see you. Slash just stands there playing like crazy starring at you with no emotion. I love it.

The highlight of the show is when they played Vasoline. Right when everyone heard the distored guitar at the begning people started going fucking crazy. Hearing that made me remember how much I miss STP.

Another lighlight was when they played Used To Love Her. That was another song where the crowd went completly fucking nuts. People where crowd surfing, and it just got totally crazy.

They also played Wish You Were Here. They started playing that near the end of the last tour, but it was never the full version of the song. This time they played the whole thing. Its next to impossible to cover Floyd, but they did a really good job on it.

Anyways, here's the setlist:

Let It Roll
Do It For The Kids
Sucker Train Blues
Superhuman
The Last Fight
She Mine
Big Machine
Get Out The Door
Fall To Pieces
Vasoline
Just 16
She Builds Quick Machines
Set Me Free
Wish You Were Here
Used To Love Her
Psycho Killer
Slither
Of course it will be a different experience seeing them 2nd row in a club then seeing them in an arena. But you still get the idea. The setlist will probably be the same though.

Plus, Alice In Chains is playing with them too, so that just makes it even better.
Old 09 Jul 2007, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

go for AIC, leave before Gun Temple Piloses
Old 09 Jul 2007, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus TRIme
go for AIC, leave before Gun Temple Piloses
I don't know how you can think Scott sucks now, yet you say go for Alice In Chains without Layne. That makes no sense at all.

Scott still, and always has sounded great.

You might like Libertad though... It has a STP feel to it.
Old 09 Jul 2007, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

id take a dead Layne Staley replaced by a black guy who can put his own spin on the songs and yet still keep the integrity of the songs over Scott Weilands strained, heroin depleted, forced 1990's sounding grunge voice and the rest of the bands retread of Contraband and other GnR songs any day

it sucks, cuz in the 1990s, Scotty was probably my second favorite Grunge (i consider STP grunge a-thank you) voice, way behind Layne, and slightly ahead of Cornell, but as the years went on, his voice became less scratchy, less manly, and i just couldn't feel the "pain" that i used to feel when he sang. I only heard like 1 glimmer of that old voice, on "Dirty Little Thing" or whatever, but even so, to me it seemed forced. I'd love to like VR for Weiland alone (can't say I've ever really cared for GnR though) but I just don't. Maybe i just am too attached to his original band to like VR, but i started to not like STP towards the end.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 12:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Rebel
Yes oh my god yes. I thought Contraband was the greatest rock album of the last ten years, but Libertad is even better. Oh man Libertad is amazing. Seeing them perform is amazing too. I was like right in front of Duff and he winked at me. Slash just kinda stared off into nowhere but holy shit he was amazing too. You gotta go see them but you gotta make sure you get front row.

Holy shit that's funny.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2007, 02:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

well, I got tix. I passed on the $220 seats in the pit. Instead, I'm straight away center in the second level. I figure the sound should be pretty good right there and there will be less chaos. All the goddamned charges ended up being a 3rd of the total cost

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 16 Jul 2007, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
well, I got tix. I passed on the $220 seats in the pit. Instead, I'm straight away center in the second level. I figure the sound should be pretty good right there and there will be less chaos. All the goddamned charges ended up being a 3rd of the total cost
Ticketmaster are a bunch of fucking crimials.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

I might end up seeing Poison and Ratt on the 31st. I'm still trying to convince my dad of coming out of concert retierment to take me to some damn shows though before I can take myself.

But if I could, I'd definately see VR. I might also take an emo kid so I can watch their head explode at trying to process good rock.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 05:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I might end up seeing Poison and Ratt on the 31st. I'm still trying to convince my dad of coming out of concert retierment to take me to some damn shows though before I can take myself.

But if I could, I'd definately see VR. I might also take an emo kid so I can watch their head explode at trying to process good rock.
Going to see Poison isn't good rock either.

In fact, I think i'd rather see an emo band then have to listen to Poison.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
Going to see Poison isn't good rock either.

In fact, I think i'd rather see an emo band then have to listen to Poison.
I'd be going for Ratt. They reunited with Pearcy, and John Corabi is playing backup guitar for them. Should be pretty badass.

Poison only has a couple of songs I like, and two of them are covers.
Old 18 Jul 2007, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
I'd be going for Ratt. They reunited with Pearcy, and John Corabi is playing backup guitar for them. Should be pretty badass.

Poison only has a couple of songs I like, and two of them are covers.
poison rocks

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 18 Jul 2007, 11:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
poison rocks
Eh. They were one of those bands that came along where more attention was spent on image than sound. They didn't totally suck, and wern't one hit wonders like say, Warrant, but they could've been a helluva lot better.

It's not like I'd go to that concert dreading the moment Poison steps on stage though, but I wouldn't be looking forward to it either. I'd rather it be all Ratt.