ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

So..Who's the Best Band in Rock Today?..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jun 2007, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default So..Who's the Best Band in Rock Today?..

Fairly simple question. When you put it all together..Sound..Live performance..Everything..Who's the best all-around band rockin' today?..In my opinion..I'll have to say VR. I just really got into Contraband about 2 weeks ago..And I'm going to have to call it the best modern rock album I've heard in years. That CD is literally flawless...If Libertad is half as good I'll be pleased. They also rip it up live. Thoughts?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 05:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I agree. No one comes close to VR. Contraband was an instant classic. From what I heard so far from Libertad, it sounds like it could be even better.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

I'm trying to figure out a way of saying U2, without getting shot down in flames...
Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Shinedown

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Nickelback. (prepares to get flamed and laughed at)
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

x18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud ofx18visionsx has much to be proud of

I'm not so much into the modern rock scene, but one band that drifted over there from the hardcore scene is Eighteen Visions. I dig them alot, they have an intesne live show and their songs are pretty rockin.
x18visionsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Explosion
I'm trying to figure out a way of saying U2, without getting shot down in flames...
There's no doubt that U2 is the most popular band in the world right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spear
Nickelback. (prepares to get flamed and laughed at)
They're right up there too.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

VR, yes, I like them a lot. But I also say Evenescence, MCR, LP, and Tool. I'm not really into that brit/techno pop rock.

I also think Los Lonely Boys are pretty damn good, but not really rock. Although, they do rock.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Beast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud ofBeast_Mode has much to be proud of

The Lil Niggas is the best band in rock today.
Beast_Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 04:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
The King of Kings

Cobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Cobra

Ozzy
after the god, I will say VR

Thanks to Glue for the banner
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 05:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
Let It Roll

You know what I change my answer... because I can.

Pearl Jam is the best band in music. And has been since 1991.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel
There's no doubt that U2 is the most popular band in the world right now.

They're right up there too.
Popular, yeah, but IMO they're the best too. Live, they're unparalleled, and all of their albums kick ass.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 10:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Shinedown
Damn right, without splitting it into a bunch of different Genres if i had to say just rock bad its Shinedown, but VR is close.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2007, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x18visionsx
I'm not so much into the modern rock scene, but one band that drifted over there from the hardcore scene is Eighteen Visions. I dig them alot, they have an intesne live show and their songs are pretty rockin.
Eighteen Visions is nice, I like them too.

I'd have to say Nickelback or RHCP.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Spear should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Spear Send a message via Yahoo to Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
VR, yes, I like them a lot. But I also say Evenescence, MCR, LP, and Tool. I'm not really into that brit/techno pop rock.

I also think Los Lonely Boys are pretty damn good, but not really rock. Although, they do rock.
Evanescence made a big mistake IMO when they let go of LeCompt after the first album. That guy has a killer voice and could do some sick duets with Amy Lee.