ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

I saw Velvet Revolver last night

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 May 2007, 04:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default I saw Velvet Revolver last night

I saw VR at the Kool Haus in Toronto last night. Its a smaller venue, so its pretty cool to see a big band like this in such a small place. I got in line at 4:50 and didn't get in until 8:30. It was a long ass wait. But it was worth it. I was second row from the stage, right in front of Duff.

This shitty ass band called The Actual opened. They suck. Don't bother to check them out. Ever.

Velvet Revolver finally came out around 10:30. They opened with a new song called Let It Roll. Almost all of the new songs sounded pretty good. They played six new songs. The Last Fight is by far the best new song.

The band sounded better then ever. I said before they didn't sound so good the last two times I seen them. But they sounded really good this time.

Duff looks really old. You can tell booze and drugs have taken a toll on him. Slash is amazing up there. He' so cool and nonchalant. When Duff, Dave, or Scott are right at the edge of the stage, and everyone is screaming at them they smile at you and make it know they see you. Slash just stands there playing like crazy starring at you with no emotion. I love it.

The highlight of the show is when they played Vasoline. Right when everyone heard the distored guitar at the begning people started going fucking crazy. Hearing that made me remember how much I miss STP.

Another lighlight was when they played Used To Love Her. That was another song where the crowd went completly fucking nuts. People where crowd surfing, and it just got totally crazy.

They also played Wish You Were Here. They started playing that near the end of the last tour, but it was never the full version of the song. This time they played the whole thing. Its next to impossible to cover Floyd, but they did a really good job on it.

Anyways, here's the setlist:

Let It Roll
Do It For The Kids
Sucker Train Blues
Superhuman
The Last Fight
She Mine
Big Machine
Get Out The Door
Fall To Pieces
Vasoline
Just 16