ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight.."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2007, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Linkin Park's "Minutes to Midnight.."

So their new CD comes out May 15th..And if the first single is any indication..It's going to kick some ass. I don't know if "What I've done" is an indication they're going with more of a solid rock sound..But it's a great first single. I'll probably pick it up the first day it comes out.

Thoughts on the CD or Band in general?
Old 10 Apr 2007, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

I find What I've Done kinda boring...

I'm still really looking foward to the cd though.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 08:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'll be picking this up day one. LP is one of my favorites bands.

O by the way...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8sgycukafqQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8sgycukafqQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I like the video as well
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

That song is disappointing...hopefully the whole album is better.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 08:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I love the song and I can't wait until the 15th to get the CD.

It's been 4 years since LP has come out with a non remixed CD,though I liked the remixed stuff I would have much rather preferred hearing some new material.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

I'm loving the creepy piano with the halloween/DBZ type thing in the background.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 09:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
sleek & shiny™

pyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICKpyXL is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to pyXL

I can't stand Linkin Park. Mainly for the guy's voice. It just really irritates me.

That is a cool video, though.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

S'ok.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

In a recent interview with MTV.com, Chester Bennington explained that the nu metal sound from their previous albums is completely gone. He also stated that the new album is a mix of punk, classic rock, and hip-hop beats.[3]

In the December issue of Blender magazine, Chester talked a little bit about the sound of the upcoming album, "Rick has brought more of a stripped down, classic-rock and hip-hop kind of feel. We're using vintage guitars and drums carved out of wood and skin for a more tribal sound. It's definitely not nu metal."

In an interview with Brazilian paper Folhateen, Chester confirmed that the 'rap/rock', 'nu-metal' sound that Linkin Park came to be known for, is almost non-existent on the new album, "This time around, Mike Shinoda is singing a lot more. It may seem like he's not on the record, but he's doing a lot of the harmonics. He also sings a couple of songs alone. We're presenting ourselves in a different way. We've had a hair cut, clothing changes and, here it is, here is a new thing."[4]
"This was a year-and-a-half long process of really hard work and experimentation in the studio that yielded about 150 rough songs," guitarist Brad Delson told Billboard.com. "Not only is this album incredibly diverse, but the depth of the material is really strong."

Well Rubin's known for a more stripped down "Raw" Sound..I guess this is what LP is going for.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 11:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Rubin historically has been a very good producer but IMO his work has been on a downward slide the past couple years.
xer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2007, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Heard the single last night it is really good. LP still rocks this album has potential to be great. I mean at times their lyrics can get a bit angsty but the tunes alone in their new song made it good even if the lyrics do get angsty at bits.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2007, 11:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_One
In a recent interview with MTV.com, Chester Bennington explained that the nu metal sound from their previous albums is completely gone. He also stated that the new album is a mix of punk, classic rock, and hip-hop beats.[3]

In the December issue of Blender magazine, Chester talked a little bit about the sound of the upcoming album, "Rick has brought more of a stripped down, classic-rock and hip-hop kind of feel. We're using vintage guitars and drums carved out of wood and skin for a more tribal sound. It's definitely not nu metal."

In an interview with Brazilian paper Folhateen, Chester confirmed that the 'rap/rock', 'nu-metal' sound that Linkin Park came to be known for, is almost non-existent on the new album, "This time around, Mike Shinoda is singing a lot more. It may seem like he's not on the record, but he's doing a lot of the harmonics. He also sings a couple of songs alone. We're presenting ourselves in a different way. We've had a hair cut, clothing changes and, here it is, here is a new thing."[4]
"This was a year-and-a-half long process of really hard work and experimentation in the studio that yielded about 150 rough songs," guitarist Brad Delson told Billboard.com. "Not only is this album incredibly diverse, but the depth of the material is really strong."
Sounds like they sold out. It's like "Hey, we want to stay popular so we're gonna change our image and sound to that of a pop rock band and ditch the nu metal sound to appeal to a wider audience".

Of course one could argue that they sold out a long long time ago.

I guess I can't complain, reinventing the way a band sounds every few years is a good strategy and it'll be interesting to hear their new CD in its entirity. I don't think anything they do can ever top Hybrid Theory though. Hybrid Theory is my all time favorite nu metal CD.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 05:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

LP has already sold out when it did all that remix crap. This album is a give back to the fans. An apology for all the bullshit in the middle imo.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 11:24 AM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
LP has already sold out when it did all that remix crap. This album is a give back to the fans. An apology for all the bullshit in the middle imo.
Ugh... I completely forgot about that Jay Z bullshit. I remember my sophmore year when I would take the bus to school and the pop station would be on every single morning and every single morning they would play Numb/Encore. That's why I don't take the bus to school anymore.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 10:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Together We Can!

_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK_Fox_ is a STICK

CD leaked early, like every CD, listened to it a bit, I have to say it's not bad, but it's not good.

The War
You support pulling out, I say USE A CONDOM!!!!
_Fox_ is offline   Reply With Quote