ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

"Snake" Bashes "Escape" Remake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2007, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade
Default "Snake" Bashes "Escape" Remake

Source: VH1

Kurt Russell Skeptical Of 'Escape From New York' Remake: 'Nothing Is Sacred'

'It will be interesting to see what they do with it,' says 'Grindhouse' star.

by Larry Carroll
Kurt Russell (MTV News) BEVERLY HILLS, California In 1981, Kurt Russell created the iconic antihero Snake Plissken in "Escape From New York," a tough-talking badass who halfheartedly accepted his mission with the statement: "I don't give a f--- about your war ... or your president."

Now, the 56-year-old veteran actor is showing that there's plenty of Snake left in him. "F---ing do a cameo?" the "Grindhouse" star said repeatedly when asked whether he'd take on a small role to give his blessing to the recently announced "Escape From New York" remake. "Oh, f--- no!"

Earlier this month, news leaked that an "Escape" remake was being shopped around Hollywood with Neal Moritz ("The Fast and the Furious") set to produce and writer Ken Nolan ("Black Hawk Down") handling the script. New Line Cinema has since won the battle to reimagine the classic geek flick about a surly ex-military man/ convict offered his freedom in exchange for rescuing the president from the futuristic prison-island of Manhattan. But for Russell, the Snake of "Escape From New York" and the 1996 sequel "Escape From L.A." is the only real deal, and "300" star Gerard Butler needs to put the eye-patch down and back away (see "Minds Behind '300' Reveal Real News About 'Sin City 2,' 'Watchmen' In Virtual World").

"I always saw Snake Plissken as one thing in particular, and that was American," the actor said. "So, for him being not American, or him being played by someone who is not American? It will be interesting to see what they do with it," he sighed. "Whatever."

Butler, who is Scottish, would be stepping into the leather boots of what is arguably Russell's most famous character. But in the eye of the 40-year Hollywood veteran, movies like "Grindhouse" are showing that he's still a credible action star (see "Fergie Helping Tarantino, Rodriguez 'Grind' Out Horror Flick").

" 'Escape From Earth,' " Russell laughed when asked about his next project, naming the long-rumored third "Escape" film that he had once expected to begin shooting right around now.

Instead, Russell's co-conspirator John Carpenter will serve as executive producer on the remake. "Look, I created the role with John Carpenter," Russell said. "That will never change for me. Ours is ours. Ours is what it was, it's out there. If you want to watch it, it's still there."

When asked if he'd buy a ticket to see Butler's take on Snake, Russell seemed conflicted. "No," he said flatly, and then amended his statement. "I mean ... I'll see. I'll probably see it. I'm sure I will. I have a natural interest in it."

Ultimately, the star said that he's learned a valuable lesson over the last few years. "Nothing is sacred," he said with a half-grin. "We did ours, they're going to do theirs."

This report is from MTV News.

=======================

Atleast he's honest. Watcha think?
Old 27 Mar 2007, 03:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Fuckin Hollywood...not everything needs a remake goddammit

I swear to fucking God, when they do a remake of Godfather I will personally see to it that everyone attached to the film suffers for months before I let them die

CK is offline   Reply With Quote