ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Non-Wrestling > Entertainment

Entertainment Discuss Anything Related To The Entertainment World!

Ryan's Heavy Metal Music Reviews: Mushroomhead - "XIII"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2004, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Ryan's Heavy Metal Music Reviews: Mushroomhead - "XIII"

Theatrical metal group Mushroomhead has been nothing less than an underground metal sensation for around a decade. Hailing from Cleveland, OH, they blend heavy metal riffs, styles of rap, tribal drums, samples, keyboards, twin vocalists and a stage show that avid followers have called nothing less than intense. Mushroomhead was being called the best kept metal secret for years by fans. And it was the same fans that were a little skeptical at the news that their underground heroes had signed to major label, Universal. Fearing that the execs at the huge label would try and tone down the over the top feel of the band, many wondered if the band could keep the level of intensity tha they all loved. To help the fans rest at ease, the band and the label released "XX", a collection of previously released, remastered and retooled tracks from Mushroomheads older releases. With that keeping the growing number of fans happy at the moment, the band set at work recording a new CD.

With the release of "XIII" under the eye of Universal, Mushroomhead shows that they not only have kept all the power and uniqueness that got them here, but they seem more focused and musically tight as a group. The first single, "Sun doesn't rise", is tried and true Mushroomhead. Released with the Freddy vs Jason CD, the band still shows the power that many thought they might lose with Universal. The rest of the CD is 13 tracks of ass kicking metal. The fact that the band has 8 members adds a depth to the music that few bands can achieve. And twin vocalists seem to tell the same story from different points of view. One voilent sounding, the other mournful, but both angry about it.

The CD itself is well put together, with the first track kicking your teeth in, leading you to the 13 part mugging of the whole thing. While there are a few tracks that stand out in your head, there are others that seem to blend together. One track will almost seem like the next. But there are tracks that firmly stand out from the rest, the mournful "Nowhere to go" and "One more day" (a female vocalist was brought in for this song", the rageful "Kill Tomorrow" and "Eternal" (we are told this is the heaviest song ever on the CD), and the monumental 8 minute 51 second "Destroy the world around me", are a few that will stand up and beat you for your wallet on this disk.

All in all, it's a good CD with few flaws. Compared to much of the nu metal and baseline metal being released today Mushroomhead shows that they can roll with the big boys and still whoop them in front of their own mommas. It should please harcore metal fans and casual fans, while bringing in new followers. These guys don't fuck around...

Mushroomhead - "XIII"

Ryan's rating: 4/5
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

I kinda like Mushroomhead. I don't think they're the best but they're pretty good. It's strange how a band can sign with Universal and be unheard of by a lot of people
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

They just signed. Only been with them long enough to release a CD of re-releases and this new one. They're in pretty good rotation on MTV's Headbanger's Ball and Fuse's Urnanium.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Oh, I see. I've seen them a few times on Headbanger's Ball and some of their songs have popped up on some free mix CDs that the music stores give out. I like them.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Yeah, well stop. Because I like them, and we're not allowed to agree on anything.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Sam

Oh... well... do you like the band Dimmu Borgir, Ryan?
Old 16 Feb 2004, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

No... HAH!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Sam

oh... what about Lamb of God?
Old 17 Feb 2004, 04:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

No... HAH! again!
Old 17 Feb 2004, 06:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I never have really heard any songs by them but they do sound interesting....

Bad ass banner and avatar Ryan...
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2004, 08:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mann
No... HAH! again!

I think you're lying to me... Pantera?
Old 18 Feb 2004, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Take it from me......believe me when I tell you......these guys DON'T fuck around.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2004, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Frehley
I think you're lying to me... Pantera?
Musically sound... just don't like the lead singer.

And no, Marbles... they don't
Old 20 Feb 2004, 05:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

I only just heard them for the first time on the headbangers ball cd 2 weeks ago. The song was pretty good

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote