ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Creative Writing Archive

Wasted Years Vol 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Aug 2005, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default Wasted Years Vol 2

"Okay...as soon as you see Gandalf start walking toward you; you'll know it's working."

I trusted what Jessica said implicitly. She was the Academic Peer Mentor for my dorm, and it had been about two weeks since she and I sat down and decided to stop fucking...or at least to stop fucking on a regular basis, anyway. So I sat there on her bed, with my friend Big Jay next to me and we stared at the poster on the wall over her desk, and waited for the acid to take effect.

The poster was of Gandalf The Grey from the Lord of the Rings, and he was walking, pointy hat perched atop his head, with his staff in hand, on the apex of a hill somewhere in Middle Earth. For some reason, despite the fact that the acid hadn't yet kicked in, Big Jay and I didn't feel the slightest bit ridiculous just staring at the poster in the presence of this beautiful woman. In all honesty, it was one of the coolest posters I'd seen to date, but that even that would be trumped before the night was out.

For the next thirty minutes, we sat there, talking about acid, marijuana and of course, the Safe Sex Bash at the Delta Kappa Beta house that night. Jessica would be there and said she'd see us at the event. "Five bucks, all you could drink." To a college student, sweeter words could not have been said.

Gandalf never started walking toward us, but Big Jay and I had to get to the Tannery to meet our friends Mikey and Scott. We took our leave and set off across our small college campus to the Tannery, which was a cool little eatery in the Student Union.

Halfway there, I asked Big Jay, "Do you feel anything?"

"Nothing."

"It'll come."

"Hope so."

We entered the open doorway to the Tannery and were immediately summoned by Mikey to join him at his table. Scott was with him, as were two lovely young ladies. Mikey was as straight as they came, didn't even take a drop of beer, so we knew not to mention anything about the acid we'd just taken, lest he call the EMTs and rush us to the drunk tank. We'd miss the Safe Sex Bash, and we simply couldn't fucking let that happen.

We sat down, got a couple of slices of pizza and joined the conversation, the subject of which eludes me. I'd started to think we'd sucked on nothing but paper when I felt something. It wasn't a buzz; it was Big Jay, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Hey Gunner," he whispered. "Do those people in that corner look like elves??"

I craned my head to see the people he was talking about and...they did. We exchanged excited glances. I'd only done acid once before and it was Big Jay's first time with a hallucinogen of any sort. Our eyes kept going back to the collection of elves laughing in the corner of our quaint little College eatery.

Mikey said something that got the girls at our table laughing. He and Scott were having an exchange that was apparently pretty amusing. Big Jay and I both turned our attention to Mikey and in doing so, the rest of the room behind him began to look like it was swirling in some waterless aquarium. Scott and the girls were laughing. Big Jay and I weren't keeping up with what was going on, but we plastered slight smiles to our faces to avoid looking like idiots.

Then he did it. Mikey balled up his fists, bent his arms so that his white-knuckled hands were flanking his cheeks, scrunched up his face and began talking in the weirdest human voice he could. The girls erupted in stifled laughter. Scott slapped the table in approval.

Big Jay and I however, were completely freaked out by this display. Mikey would do his act for five seconds at a time, stop, someone would say something and then Mikey would do it again. The aquarium behind him began to swirl with more and more energy. He looked like an evil leprechaun, laughing at some foolish people who were looking to snatch his gold as he stood in front of a weird brown vortex.

Over and over and over again Mikey went into his leprechaun routine. The girls and Scott couldn't get enough. Big Jay and I started to sweat. The scene was altogether disturbing. Scott was a good guy and I couldn't believe that he wasn't utterly horrified by the display. I know I was. I looked at the elves in the corner to take my mind off of it...but each time Mikey would go back to making that obscene voice, I was for some reason forced to look at him.

Soon the elves in the corner weren't even solace for the three and a half seconds that I'd get to look at them before Mikey's evil siren voice dragged my eyes petulantly back to him. Big Jay and I exchanged looks and each took deep, cleansing breaths, hoping to come back to sanity. It didn't work. The aquarium was swirling and pulsing with a rhythm that was just unnatural, ferocious. The room was about to grow fangs and tear Big Jay and I limb from limb in a glut of ravenous hatred. I could feel the rabid saliva of those fangs that were yet to sprout drop down onto my back.

Without speaking a word, Big Jay and I agreed that we needed to get the fuck up out of that wretched hellhole, and fast. I don't even know that what I told them was worded in The Queen's English or in any way discernable to our friends, but we somehow excused ourselves and bolted out of there.

On the way out, I heard one of the laughing bitches call out, "Gunner, you didn't eat your pie!!"

A million different sexually suggestive phrases ran through my mind, but I didn't have the presence to say anything other than, "It's yours," as Big Jay and I nearly plowed through a group of students from the International Dorm in our mad dash out of the bloodthirsty nexus of evil halflings that had once been the coolest place to eat on campus.

When we finally took in the sweet fresh air of the outdoors, having practically flown out of the Student Union, we both bent over, hands on our knees, taking deep breaths as if we'd just finished a marathon.

"Let's never fucking go there again," Big Jay said.

I nooded my agreement and we decided to go to the safest place we could while we waited for Kappa to open it's doors and kegs to us...my dormitory. We arrived and went straight to my room. Pete, my severely fucked up roommate wasn't there.

Pete wasn't really that fucked up, but he was a dork's dork, that was for sure. He was usually in bed and asleep by 9 pm and that alone was enough for me to think ill of him. He was straight, had god awful acne, and was never seen outside of the quad or my dorm room. He rarely spoke in my presence, even when I or someone else addressed him clearly and directly. It was that trait that prompted Big Jay to dub him "The Plant."

"You don't get a reaction out of a plant...just like that freak. You could look him dead in the eye and say, 'I disagree!! I vehemently disagree!!' You'd get nothing out of him...nothing. Fucking Plant," Big Jay had said, and I'll be damned if he wasn't spot-on in his analysis.

Looking for some immediate relief, I pulled out my stash. I put about a dime's worth on the desk, got a Garcia Y Vega out of a drawer, and Big Jay got to work rolling that up. I pulled out my little purple bong and packed the bowl as tightly as possible. We took turns hitting it as Big Jay worked and I broke out NHL Hockey '94 for my Genesis. The residual tension from our visit to the den of lunacy known as the Tannery began to fade. We killed the bong, Big Jay stashed the blunt and we sat down and played some hockey. Things were getting better.

Then Pete barged in. He was like Seinfeld's Kramer in how he entered our dorm room and if I told you that Big Jay and I weren't jolted by his abrupt interruption, I would be lying. We recovered quickly and said "Hi" to him in unison, only to get the customary return grunt from him. We continued playing as Pete went through his things until he snapped around to us and said the most words at one time that he's ever spoken in my presence.

"What the fuck is that smell??"

Big Jay and I sat there in a stunned silence for about three years. Campus Cops were a buzzkill to say the least and all either of us could manage was me eventually saying, "What smell?"

"You don't smell that?!"

Big Jay and I exchanged incredulous looks to throw him off. Pete paused for a moment and then turned and walked swiftly out the door, closing it behind him with about as much authority as he's probably ever had in his life.

Big Jay and I sat there, not really looking at anything in particular, contemplating what had just happened. Then at the same time, we both put our controllers down, I turned off the Genesis, Big Jay turned off the TV, I locked my trunk where I'd stashed the bong and we got the fuck up on out of there.

"Where's safe?" Big Jay asked.

I didn't even need a moment's thought to answer, "Second Floor."

Everyone on the second floor was cool. All of them (except the R.A.) were drunkards and most of them were stoners to boot. Jessica's room was on the second floor, but she was no longer in. We strolled down the corridor, but nothing exciting seemed to be happening. Having nearly forgotten The Pete Episode, we walked up to the oft unexplored (by either of us anyway) third floor, in search of something to kill the remaining 45 minutes or so before the Safe Sex Bash started.

Upon walking down half the third floor corridor, we were beginning to think we'd just have to walk to Kappa and wait for 8pm to hit when I heard, "Hey Mike!!"

While I didn't really mind the nickname (which shall go unexplained), I was always happy to talk to someone that didn't call me "Gunner." We turned around immediately and looked into an open dorm room where a rather sensual-looking blonde was staring back at us from her desk. Her name was...was...Amy, yeah that was it, and I'd met her the day before. She invited us in to sit with her and her not quite beautiful but definitely noteworthy roomate, Julia.

Amy and Julia's room remains to this day the coolest dorm room ever. They had several plants of unknown origin to Big Jay or I hanging from the ceiling, there were vines that were wrapped around the walls somehow, and among the many excellent posters they had up, Julia's 5 foot by 3 foot Bob Marley poster was the most magnificent thing I'd ever seen on a wall.

Big Jay and I sat down and made ourselves right at home. The girls asked what we were doing and we explained that we were killing time before the Safe Sex Bash, to which they nodded as if everyone was doing that. We began conversation and it wasn't too long before the girls guessed that we were both completely smashed out of our minds.

Amy thought we were just stoned, and while we didn't mention the acid itself, Julia soon picked up on it. Apparently that's when the girls decided to start having some fun with us. Julia had a small holographic framed picure of a cat in a party hat with confetti cascading down around it, and that provided at least ten minutes worth of entertainment for Big Jay and I.

Amy pulled out a small purple sheet of paper that said in bold blue letters, "Don't Forget!" It was matted in such a way as to provide wonderful light reflection that created a hypnotically beautiful contrast between the azure lettering and the regal purple background. Big Jay and I took turns holding it in the light, staring at it and then suddenly turning it away from the light and thereby diverting the light that was reflecting off of it. That was about twenty minutes of entertainment.

Big Jay took notice of Julia's Biology textbook, the cover of which was a picture of a spider's web, encrusted with morning dew, suspended between tall blades of grass somewhere far away and quite lovely, I was sure. He asked Julia where the spider was. Grinning maliciously, but not so much as to inspire more paranoia from us, Julia sidled up beside him and pointed to an area just below the book cover's edge.

"He's down there and he's waiting for a bug to fly into his web right about there," she said, then pointing to the web's middle. "Then what he does is he creeps out," Julia said while arching her hand so that her fingers took the posture of spider legs, then marching them out to the middle of the web, "and spins a cocoon around the bug and saves it so that he can suck the blood and protein from its body while it's still alive."

Big Jay twitched in a softly violent way and said in a frantic but understated tone, "All right, all right, I get it, thanks. Hey...what time is it??"

Amy looked at her watch and said, "Nine-fifteen."

Big Jay and I stood up at the same time and said, "We're missing the Bash!!"

We bid farewell to the funny girls and their incredible room with as much tact as we could muster and hit the road. It was about a mile walk to the Kappa house, and while I was friends with several of the brothers, I'd never actually been to the place. On the way, Big Jay explained that they lived in a mansion that was paid for. It had been owned by a Kappa Brother many many years ago and he'd left it to the fraternity when he moved out of the one-cow town that our college was the economic center of. Big Jay knew many Kappa Brothers too, and he told me that he was rushing the fraternity the following semester.

We arrived to find that there was still an ocean of booze to drink and dozens of hot women to mingle with, along with most of our mutal friends. We headed for the basement and quickly secured full, large plastic cups of "The Beast," or Milwaukee's Best. I honestly don't think there's ever been a person with a full time job that has chosen of his or her own free will to swill that piss water, but on that campus, it would get one drunk quite cheaply, and it wasn't nearly as horrific as Golden Anniversary, so it tended to be the beer of choice at house parties.

We went upstairs where we mingled, we mixed, and we danced. It was shoulder to shoulder in there, a throng of people moving and sweating to the thumping rhythm of whatever music it was that they were playing. There was the roar of drunken conversation, peals of uncontrolled laughter and women everywhere. The gutteral chaos of it all was absolutely breathtaking.

I'd just finished dancing with another former fuck of mine, Dianna (pronounced Dee-Anna), when I found Big Jay talking to LaMont. I had no idea what his last name was, but LaMont was the bouncer at Friday's, a student bar where the "hand marking system" for people who were under and over was easily circumvented with some saliva and an assortment of different color markers that I always took when I'd go there. Friday's offered ridiculous discounts during the week ($0.25 Pitchers of beer Wed and Thurs, $0.50 bottles of beer Fridays and Saturdays), and it had on more than one occasion caused me to miss my first class of Thurday or Friday mornings.

LaMont found what he called my "uncanny wit" funny and was always happy to see me, and I was glad for it. He was no less than six foot four inches tall and was leanly but powerfully muscular. Up until that point, I had no idea that he was a Kappa Brother. Big Jay was excited about the impending rush the following semester, and in time of listening to the two of them converse, I came to ask LaMont, "Is it fun, being in Kappa??"

LaMont passed me the blunt he'd just hit and said, "Bro...you could be drinkin' a forty, smokin' a blunt, have a red-haired ho on your right arm, a blonde on your left and getting head from a brunette all at the same time, and it still wouldn't be as good as Kappa. You should rush, too."

"Five days," Jay said, with all the reverence of a brainwashed Scientologist. I fixed him with a quizzical look. LaMont read my mind, as he sometimes had a habit of doing.

"Pledge week...Hell Week is just five days. Then you're in," he said. I knew better than to ask what happened in that span of five days, but considering that most other frats' pledge period was a month or longer, it sounded like a good deal. Kappa was the most culturally diverse frat on campus, which made it more attractive to me than every other fraternity, Beta Phi Epsilon (the jock house) being the only other frat with more than one black member. To the best of my knowledge, Kappa was the only frat to have any Hispanic members, which gave it even more appeal...to me, anyway.

Big Jay and I eventually let LaMont get on with his evening and it wasn't long after that when we ran into Jessica. She was wearing a Blackwatch plaid dress, the skirt of which extended little more than halfway down her upper leg. It was supremely sexy in it's simplicity, due in no small part to the fact that she had been wearing it the last time she and I had engaged in sex. Not wanting her to remove it, I'd simply pulled the top straps down and removed her panties, and at the time it had been some of the best sex I'd ever had.

The three of us exchanged pleasant greetings.

"Nice dress," I said offhandedly. Jessica crooked one side of her mouth up in a wickedly decadent smile.

"You remember this dress??"

"Oooohhh, yes I do," I replied with subdued enthusiasm.

Jessica leaned up to my ear, "Come to my room tonight after he goes home."

Trying to keep my cool, I nodded slowly at that, all the while jumping up and down in a hysterical fit of self-praise inside my imagination.

The three of us stood there, amidst the pulsing mass of drunken students, taking it all in. There were blacklights everywhere, and strobes were placed here and there throughout the ground floor. I was leaning on one of two pillars that flanked the front door, which was blocked by a matress that stood up lengthwise against the frame. Someone once told me that the matress was rarely removed from it's place.

"How do you do it," Jessica suddenly asked us.

"Do what," Big Jay replied before downing half his beer in one gulp.

"How do you two stay here?? With all these people, I'd be freaking out. Is the acid working?"

"Overtime," I said. "This is pretty good shit. I don't know...I like it. There's lots of friends here, there's blacklights and strobes, I think LaMont just invited me to rush next semester...I'm having a blast."

Jay voiced his agreement with me to Jessica. She patted us on the shoulders and it was then that we heard commotion over to the right.

A Kappa Brother named Dave, who I knew and who was one of the nicest people (at least to me) on campus, was leading a kid toward the door by the scruff of his neck. The kid was visibly annihilated, his eyelids at half-mast over his Stop Sign Red eyes. Despite the fact that Dave was holding him up, the kid was stumbling like Dumbo after taking a dive into the Booze Barrel.

The next few moments unfolded in what seemed like an hour. People were turning to look at Dave and this poor drunk kid, who'd apparently really pissed Dave off. As Dave pushed him toward the side of the house where a door was, he was talking some crazy shit to the kid...none of which I caught but you'd have had to be blind not to see the force of his words literally hitting the kid again and again in the head.

I saw LaMont to my right, standing against a wall about fifteen feet away from the action, beer bottle in hand, blonde on his right arm, viewing the circumstances unfold off to his left. I saw Zweben, his first name forgotten to me, also a Kappa Brother, watching off to my left as Dave and his verbal punching bag approached from my right. Big Jay started shaking his head in disapproval, talking about how stupid kids should stay home like my roommate, The Plant.

My heart filled with both pity and disdain for the kid. He was obviously piss drunk and was going to miss the rest of what was an outstanding Bash, yet to have pissed Dave off so, I could only assume that his transgression was severe. I took a large pull off my beer. Jessica moved to my left, as I was standing to the left of the "never used" front door.

The kid fell. Dave still appeared to have him by the collar, and was talking even more shit.

"Stupid fuck, get up! Get the fuck up and out of the house, you worthless shitbag!!"

Somehow the kid freed himself from Dave's grasp and jumped up. In what has to be the most incredibly assenine gesture I've ever seen, he put up his fists and began brandishing them slovenly at Dave. Dave was laughing.

"What the fuck are you going to do now?? You want some?? You want some of this, bitch??"

The kid then threw the slowest, weakest punch ever. His knuckles bounced off Dave's shoulder with all the effect of a Quarter being bounced off a Marine's made up bed. Needless to say, that was a very large mistake on his part.

LaMont literally jumped off the wall, flew through the air with his left fist cocked and as he sailed by in unbridled grace, he punched the kid dead in the back of his head with what can only be described as a crushing blow. The kid crumpled to the ground immediately and in the very next instant, ten or more Kappa brothers bumrushed him as he lay on the floor.

Everyone who wasn't involved stepped back...except me. I wasn't in any condition to think that I was in danger, nor was I in the mood to lose what quickly became the best seat in the house. A rumble of fists and kicks were thrown at the kid that was no longer visible among the mass of Kappa Brothers who were now surrounding and pummeling him. The ball of violence moved three feet to the left, then two feet to the right, then it moved right in front of me.

I was at a loss for what to do. I wanted to take my own shot at the dumbass, but wisely refrained, lest I accidentally hit one of the brothers and join the drunken idiot on the bottom of that mess. I resigned myself to take another pull off the beer and then yell, "Beat his ass!! Beat his fuckin' ass!!"

LaMont peeled the matress off the front door, opened it and the brothers picked the kid up and literally threw him out the front door. They had a stone porch that extended four feet from the door before it met three stairs to the walkway, and the kid cleared it all, landing with a crunch in Kappa's front yard.

"If you ever come here again..." and many other threats were screamed at him before they shut the door and replaced the mattress.

As if nothing had ever happened, the party resumed in full force.

Other things happened that night, Big Jay and I hit Fridays and then another bar called Coliseum where I met a girl that almost precluded my eventual visit to Jessica's room after last call. Jessica and I had a marvelous time in her room, eventually falling into sleep sometime after 8 am.

A couple of days later, I saw the same dumbass in my dorm's lobby. Both his eyes were still black, his lip was still swollen and cracked in three places and he had a bandage spanning the bridge of his nose. I asked him exactly what the fuck was going through his mind to try to throw such a pussy punch at a brother in their house. He gave a sheepish answer that I don't recall, but I do remember that his reason wasn't quite good enough to merit such an ass beating.

Fuck it...better him than me.
================================================== =======

That was a little longer than I'd originally thought such a simple story would be, and if you've stayed with me this far, I hope you enjoyed it. I know I loved every fucking minute of it while it happened.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

holy shit dude....

Old 10 Aug 2005, 08:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird
holy shit dude....
I know, I know...that's why I thought it'd make a funny idea for Mac's short movie.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Your stories fucking rock dude
Old 11 Aug 2005, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
Your stories fucking rock dude
Thanks man, I'm flattered.

Late.