ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives > Creative Writing Archive

The Day I forgot how to have fun.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default The Day I forgot how to have fun.....

I felt like typing, and this was the place to do it in.....

"The day I forgot how to have fun"

I'm not sure when it was, the day I forgot how to have fun. It could have been the day I was seven, and my best friend was killed in a car accident. Maybe that was the day. It could have been when I was nine and my father was diagnosed with cancer. He was given thirty days to live, sent home from the hospital with no hope. Yes, that could have been the day I forgot how to have fun.

It's possible that when I was eleven and my grandfather died, that was the day. He came in from mowing the lawn and pronounced he didn't feel well. Shortly after, he had died of a brain tumor. I didn't get to tell him goodbye. I'm not sure why, but that could have been the day.

It's possible that something as insignificant as losing one of my pets could have been the day. I was fortunate enough to have many animals over the course of the years, many of whom I became very fond of. Yes, that could have caused it. I'm just not sure.

Being very competitive in nature, playing a game called baseball, I once took my jersey and threw it in the face of my coach. I proclaimed for him and anyone else that would listen that, "I don't need you or your stinking team. I'm good enough to play for whoever I want to." Only to have the opportunity of a lifetime slip away and never regain it. Yes, that could have been the day.

Or, quite possibly, it could have been in high school, playing yet another game. This time, basketball came calling and I answered. I failed to make two free throw attempts and my team lost a very important game because of that. After the game, crying, I vowed to never again be the cause of a loss. While going on to win many more games, I lost many more as well. Bitter defeats, lost in the final seconds began to hurt the worst. I don't know, but that could have been when I forgot how to have fun.

Still, I recall many good days spent laughing, enjoying life and the things that life bring my way. So, maybe none of those were the day. Maybe it was in college. Sports were still involved, and I tore the ligaments in my ankle. Depressed and homesick, I gave up my scholarship to go back home. Pushing forward, I rehabbed and returned. But, that day is still fresh in my mind. Could it be that the day was then?

Getting married, growing older and gaining responsibility I ceased to play games and began working on my career. Worked my way up the ladder and was succesfully promoted. I was well on my way to a bright future when I was wrongfully accused of something I could not have done. Regardless, when the tacks came down to brass, I was no longer gainfully employed. Perhaps that was the day, who knows?

I again began a new career. Diligently working to regain what I once had, I again climbed the ladder. Given the opportunity to succeed at something I enjoyed, I latched on and did not wan't to give up. Working seventy and eighty hours a week, I flourished. And I forgot that my wife and kids were at home, needing a father. It could be that then I forgot how to have fun.

Today. Today I got up, went in and woke the kids up. I helped them get dressed for school. I brushed my girls' hair, and tied my son's shoelaces. I gave him a high five, and he smiled, laughed and returned the hand gesture. I hugged my youngest daughter and she said she loves me. My oldest daughter kissed me on the cheek before she got in the van. My wife smiled and waved as she backed out of the driveway.

Today. Today I remembered how to have fun.

If you guys read it, great.....if not, I was just typing my thoughts.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

that was wonderful Oeo, I read it all, great job
Old 02 Mar 2004, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

oeo, That has to be the Single Greatest thing i've read in quite some time. Great Job on that piece.

Old 03 Mar 2004, 09:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

thanks fellas....I appreciate it.....I'm working on a book, and I am going to post some of it once in a while.....I appreciate the feedback....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 08 Jun 2004, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
NWO 4 LIFE!!!!!!

Kevin Nash is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Nash Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Nash

wow,thats sum awesome stuff there man,that was friggin awesome