ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

A PWF Christmas Carol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Dec 2002, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Default A PWF Christmas Carol

NARRATOR: StarScream was dead, to begin with. This must be distinctly understood, or nothing wondrous can come of the story we are about to relate…
Evil Ryan knew he was dead? Of course he did. How could it be otherwise? Evil Ryan and he had been partners in business for years. When StarScream died Evil Ryan was his sole executor, his sole friend and sole mourner. And even Evil Ryan was not so dreadfully cut up by the sad event but that he was an excellent man of business on the very day of the funeral.
Old StarScream was dead as a doornail. There is no doubt whatsoever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Evil Ryan signed it: and Evil Ryan's name was good upon the Exchange for anything he chose to put his hand to.
Oh, but he was a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone, Evil Ryan! a squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scraping, clutching, covetous sinner.

Old 12 Dec 2002, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Scene 1

Edgezbaby: A merry Christmas!

Evil Ryan: Bah. Humbug.

EB: Have I the pleasure of addressing Evil Ryan, or StarScream?

Evil Ryan: StarScream has been dead for 7 yrs , 7 yrs this very night..

HunterRules: At this festive season of the year, Evil Ryan, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundred of thousands are in want of common comfort, sir.

Evil Ryan (continuing to write): Are there no prisons?

Hunter Rules: Plenty of prisons.

Evil Ryan: And the sweatshops? Are they still in operation?

HunterRules: I wish I could say that they were not.

EB: A few of us are trying to raise money to buy the poor some food, drink, and blankets. We choose this time, because Christmas is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. As you are a man of means, I am sure my friend and I can count on you to make a generous contribution, in the spirit of the holiday. Or perhaps you would care to make a donation in StarScream's name on this anniversary of his passing. What shall I put you down for?

Evil Ryan: Nothing.

EB: You wish to remain anonymous?

Evil Ryan: I wish to be left alone! I don't make merry at Christmas myself, and I can't afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned--they cost enough--and those who are badly off must go there.

Hunter Rules: Good sir, the sweatshops are dreadful places where the able-bodied are worked like beasts of burden, their families allowed barely enough food and shelter to keep them alive. Disease and death haunt these houses. I assure you, many would rather die than enter their doors.

Evil Ryan: If they would rather die, they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population! Allow me to remind you, ladies, that it is a hard and unforgiving world. Those who make their way in it, do so by hard work. What I have gained, I have earned with sacrifice and years of toil. I suggest you recommend to your poor petitioners that they employ themselves in a similar course of action. If you press me further, I tell you it is enough for a man to understand his own business, and not to interfere with other people's. Mine occupies me constantly. Good afternoon.

EB: Evil Ryan--!

Evil Ryan: Good afternoon!

(RJ Knuckles ENTERS passing EB and Hunter Rules as they EXIT)

Hunter Rules (to RJ): If you're looking for charity, look someplace else this guy's a real tightwad

RJ: Indeed! I am sorry to hear that! Allow me to make a donation of my own-not so much as Evil Ryan might spare, but something nonetheless! The best of the holiday season to you both.

EB (shaking RJ'S hand): Thank you very much, sir. A merry Christmas to you, sir!

(EB and Hunter Rules EXIT)

Evil Ryan: “Merry Christmas…” Humbug.

RJ: Christmas a humbug, Ryan! I'm sure you can't mean that.

Evil Ryan: I do. Merry Christmas! What right have you to be merry? What reason have you to be merry? You're poor enough.

RJ: Come, then. What right have you to be dismal? What reason have you to be morose? You're rich enough.

Evil Ryan: Bah.

RJ: Don't be cross

Evil Ryan: What else can I be when I live in such a world of fools as this? Merry Christmas! Screw merry Christmas! What's Christmas time to you but a time for paying bills without money; a time for finding yourself a year older, and not an hour richer? If I could work my will, every idiot who goes about with `Merry Christmas' on his lips should be boiled in his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly through his heart. Hah!

RJ: Ryan!

Evil Ryan: Whelp! Keep Christmas in your own way, and let me keep it in mine.

RJ: But you don't keep it.

Evil Ryan: Leave it alone, then. Much good may it do you! Much good has it ever done you!

RJ: There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say. Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people around them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, Ryan, though it has never put a dollar in my wallet, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!

(DevilChild ENTERED during RJ's Speech and applauds)

Evil Ryan (to DevilChild): Another sound from you and you'll spend Christmas in the unemployment line Whelp!!! (to RJ) you are quite a powerful speaker...a wonder you never ran for office

RJ: Don't be so bitter, Come dine with us tomorrow

Evil Ryan: Never.

RJ: But why?

Evil Ryan: Why did you get married?

RJ: Because I fell in love.

Evil Ryan: Love? Bah. insanity more likely

RJ: You never came to see me before I married. Why give it as a reason for not coming now?

Evil Ryan: Devilchild! Show him to the door.

RJ: I want nothing from you; I ask nothing of you; why cannot we be friends?

Evil Ryan: Devilchild! The door!

RJ: I am sorry, with all my heart, to find you resolute. We have never had any quarrel, to which I have been a party. But I have come in homage to Christmas, and I'll keep my Christmas humor to the last. So a Merry Christmas, Ryan!

Evil Ryan: Out!

RJ: And a Happy New Year!

Evil Ryan (growls)

(RJ stops to talk to Devilchild.)

Evil Ryan: There's another fellow, my clerk, minimum wage, and a wife and family to support, talking about a merry Christmas. Idiots and fools. I'll retire to Cancun.…

(RJ exits)

Evil Ryan (to Dev): You'll want all day tomorrow, I suppose?

Dev: If its conveniant ,sir.

Evil Ryan: It's not convenient… paying a day's wages for no work. I bet you think it only “fair,” .

Dev: It's only once a year, sir.

Evil Ryan: “Only once a year, sir?” A poor excuse for picking a man's pocket every twenty-fifth of December. Very well, go home, keep your Christmas. But mind you, be here all the earlier the next morning.

Dev: Indeed I will, Evil Ryan. Thank you, sir!

(Dev EXITS.....Evil Ryan EXITS)

NARRATOR: Christmas Eve. The city clocks had just gone seven, and it was quite dark. Cold, bleak, biting weather.
But winter's cold had little influence on Evil Ryan. No wind that blew was bitterer than he; no falling snow was more intent. He had made himself a sort of artificial winter that froze any that came near him, for it was his chief pleasure to walk alone amongst his fellow creatures, disdaining their pity or their ire alike. Nobody ever stopped him in the street to say, with happy looks, “My dear Evil Ryan, how are you?” Even the blind men seemed to sense his presence and turn away. No man or woman ever once in all his life inquired the way to such and such a place, of Evil Ryan.

Theboy2003 (runs up and tugs on Evil Ryan's coat): Can you spare a dime sir?

Evil Ryan: Bah! (Frightening Theboy2003 off. NARRATOR steps forward and PWF Posters exit gradually. Evil Ryan crosses to his ROOM and changes into his robe.)

Old 12 Dec 2002, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

LOL! Evil-Ryan? Madness.........
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 12 Dec 2002, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

NARRATOR: Evil Ryan took his melancholy dinner in his usual melancholy tavern, and having read all the newspapers and beguiled the rest of the evening with his banker's book, went home to bed. He lived in chambers which had once belonged to his deceased partner, StarScream. They were a gloomy suit of rooms, in a lowering pile of building up a yard. It was old enough now, and dreary enough, for nobody lived in it but Evil Ryan, the other rooms being all let out as offices. Once inside, he closed his door, locked himself in, double-locked himself in, and sat down before the fire.

(LIGHTS come up on Evil Ryan's ROOM.)

NARRATOR: It so happened that he happened to see a bell, an unused bell, that hung in the room, and communicated for some purpose now forgotten with a chamber in the highest story of the building. It was with great astonishment, and with a strange, inexplicable dread, that as he looked, he saw this bell begin to swing of its own accord.

(BELL is heard. Evil Ryan sits frozen. Silence, then CLANKING is heard. NARRATOR steps aside and StarScream enters, behind.)

StarScream: Ryan! (Evil Ryan sits silent in terror.) EVIL RYAN!

Evil Ryan: Who…who are you?

StarScream: Ask me who I was.

Evil Ryan: Who were you then, and what do you want from me?

SarScream: Much! In life I was StarScream, and Red Star and Galaxy and Joseph Merrick(stops to catch breath) and Storm Shadow.....

Evil Ryan: StarScream?!

StarScream: You don't believe in me.

Evil Ryan: You're damn right I don't believe in you You're Fucking DEAD!!!!

StarScream: Why do you doubt your senses?

Evil Ryan: Because a little thing can affect them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheat. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. It's humbug, I tell you. Humbug!

(StarScream cries out loudly and rattles his chains.)

Evil Ryan: Mercy! Dreadful apparition, why do you trouble me?

StarScream: Do you believe in me or not?

EvilRyan: I do! I must! But why do spirits walk the earth, and why do they come to me?

StarScream: It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow men, and travel far and wide; and if that spirit goes not forth in life, it is condemned to do so after death. It is doomed to wander through the world-oh, woe is me!-and witness what it cannot share, but might have shared on earth, and turned to happiness.
Look upon me! I wear the chain I forged in life. I made it link by link, and yard by yard. Is its pattern strange to you? Or would you know the weight and length of the strong coil you bear yourself? It was full as heavy and as long as this, seven Christmas Eves ago. You have labored on it since. It is a ponderous chain!

Evil Ryan: StarScream, Old StarScream, speak comfort Whelp!!

StarScream: I have none to give. It comes from other regions, Evil Ryan and is conveyed by other ministers, to other kinds of men. Nor can I tell you what I would. I cannot rest, I cannot stay, I cannot linger anywhere. My spirit never walked beyond our counting house-mark me!-in life my spirit never roved beyond the narrow limits of our money-changing hole, and weary journeys now lie before me.

Evilryan: You must have been very slow about it, StarScream.

StarScream: Slow!

Evil Ryan: Seven years dead, and traveling the whole time.

Star Scream: No rest, no peace. Incessant torture of remorse.

Evil Ryan: Do you travel fast?

StarScream: I travel on the wings of the wind.

Evil Ryan: I would think you had travelled far greater distances in 7 yrs

StarScream: You Know! I was Thinkin the same thing.

Evil Ryan: You were always a good business man Star

StarScream: Business! Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!
At this time of the year, I suffer most.
Hear me, now fool! My time is nearly gone.

Evil Ryan: I will! But don't be hard upon me, StarScream!

StarScream: Know then I have sat invisible beside you many and many a day… I am here tonight to warn you, so that you may have yet a chance and hope of escaping my fate--

Evil Ryan: You were always a good friend to me

StarScream: --You will be haunted by three Spirits--

Evil Ryan: ummmmm about that........

StarScream: --Without their visits you will walk the same path I walk. Expect the first when the bell tolls one.

(STARSCREAM begins to exit.)

Evil Ryan: Couldn't I take `em all at once, and have it over?

StarScream's disembodied voice: Remember, for your own sake, what has passed between us!

NARRATOR: Evil Ryan terrified , returned to his chair, to wait the coming of the first spirit StarScream had foretold.

Old 12 Dec 2002, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Evil Ryan: Quarter til.

(CHIME.)

Evil Ryan: Ten til

(CHIME.)

Evil Ryan: Five to.

(BELL tolls, and the 1st SPIRIT enters.)

Evil Ryan: The hour itself! (Looks around and sees 1st SPIRIT.)

Old 12 Dec 2002, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Evil Ryan: Are--are you the spirit whose coming was foretold to me?

Mr Marbles: I am the Ghost of Christmas Past.

Evil Ryan: Long past?

Marbles: No. Your past. Get up lets get a move on

(Marbles makes a gesture and LIGHTS come up on a SCHOOL ROOM, where a Ryan as a BOY sits reading. There is a trunk next to him. )

Evil Ryan: Good heavens!

Marbles (stopping him): These are the shadows of things past, Ryan. They cannot see or hear you.

Evil Ryan: Why, it's just as I remember it! My old school room, you see, and there I am! Cool!

Marbles: All alone …

Evil Ryan: The others have already left for the Christmas holidays.

Marbles: But the school is not quite deserted yet…

(ILC as a GIRL enters.)

ILC: Evil Ryan! Won't you be going home for Christmas?

Ryan: I'm sure my father will send for me soon.

ILC (sitting down next to him): What are you reading? Can I look at your book with you?

Ryan (showing her): It's about World Domination and his robots.

Evil Ryan: . - Poor boy. I wish… but it's too late now.

Marbles: What's the matter?

Evil Ryan: Nothing, nothing.

Marbles: I see a tear upon your cheek. Do you call that nothing? Evil Ryan gonna cry? c'mon Evil Ryan cry for me ...Cry Evil Ryan

Evil Ryan: There was a boy in the street earlier… I should like to have given him something, that's all.

Stone Cold: Come along . (Picking up the trunk.) Back upstairs with you.

Ryan: My trunk! I need my trunk for when I go home, sir!

SC: You aren't going home this Christmas.

Ryan: Perhaps there's been a mistake! I know my father--

(Stone Cold exits, opposite with trunk.)

ILC: Poor, Ryan.

Marbles: This was not the only Christmas he spent reading here…

Ryan: I don't mind so much. It's only Christmas. I don't care.

ILC: Cheer up, Ryan. It won't be long. Besides, you have your books to read!

WOMAN'S VOICE : ILC!

ILC: Thats my ride! I wish you could come spend Christmas with us. (She gives Ryan a quick kiss on the cheek and exits.)

Marbles: She had a large heart.

Evil Ryan: Indeed.

Marbles: Let us look at a later Christmas… Young Ryan is now a grown man, released from school into the world - his father dead. A promising, independent, young man with business prospects, and every hope of happiness before him…

Old 12 Dec 2002, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Awsome story Kurt!!! I put it on readme and let my computer read it to me while I wrapped presents. Perfect for the season and I look forward to reading the rest!!!
Old 12 Dec 2002, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

No Truth, Bud good story.

Old 12 Dec 2002, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Quiet you

Apocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-ableApocalypse is totally BABLAM-able

Great story Kurt.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 06:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
PrInCeSs EdGeHeAD!!!

EdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to beholdEdgezBaby is a splendid one to behold

LOL!!! That part with theboy in is it funny!
Old 13 Dec 2002, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
RJ Knuckles

awesome story Kurt

Old 14 Dec 2002, 12:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Scene 3

(Marbles waves his hand, and years pass. Scene is now set with ILC and Not so Evil Ryan.)

Not so Evil Ryan: Just another year ILC and we shall be wed

ILC: Another year, Ryan!?!?!

Not so Evil Ryan: It shall be soon...very very soon.

ILC: It was the same with you last Christmas, and the Christmas before.

Not so Evil Ryan: But this year will be different! StarScream speaks of setting up a money-changing business in the City, in which I am to be made partner!

BELLE: STARSCREAM!!!! but he's fuckin nuts!!! always DIE FAG DIE!!!....he kinda scares me

Not so Evil Ryan: He is a man of business, ILC. And a very good one with sound sense. I would do well to become such a man in the world.

ILC: I do not like him, Ryan. He has a cold heart, and an evil eye.

Not so Evil Ryan: StarScream has promised me an important position, and a half share of profits. Come now, he is not such a wicked man as you think. And if he is? I follow him but for my own gain-he has no sway over my heart, as you do,ILC. What of StarScream then? He shall but help us to make our fortune!

ILC: You are already more like him than you know.

Not so Evil Ryan: ILC, I have hopes and expectations that will soon come to fruition, I am sure of it! Just another year that is all, and then I shall feel our happiness together is secure.

ILC: Our happiness? No, Ryan. I see too well, another idol has displaced me in your affections. Alas, if it can cheer and comfort you in time to come, as I would have tried to do, I have no just cause to grieve.

Not so Evil Ryan: What could ever displace you, ILC?

ILC: A golden one.

Not so Evil Ryan: You find fault with me because I care for money. For the money to assure our happiness, our money, ILC! Oh, this is rich! This!--this is the even-handed dealing of the world! There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty; and there is nothing it professes to condemn with such severity as the pursuit of wealth.

EVIL RYAN (to himself): Too true, too true.

ILC: You fear the world too much, Ryan. I have seen your nobler aspirations fall off one by one, until the master-passion, Gain, engrosses you.

Not so Evil Ryan: So ....and your point is?? Even if I have grown wiser to the ways of the world, what then? I am not changed towards you, am I?

Evil Ryan: Let us go. I wish to see another scene.

Marbles: Not yet this is getting good

ILC: When you asked me to be your wife it was a different time you were a different man.....

No so Evil Ryan: I was a boy.

Evil Ryan: Let us go, Spirit.

ILC: Your own feeling tells you that you were not what you are

Marbles: Don't balme me stupid! you fucked yourself there didnt ya...didnt ya????

Not so Evil Ryan: ILC!

ILC: I release you with a full heart. May you be happy in the life you have chosen!

(ILC exits. Not so Evil Ryan exits opposite.)

Marbles (departing): Think on what has passed, Evil Ryan, and know yourself.

(Evil Ryan returns to his chair.)

Evil Ryan: I did right. I had no choice. Should we have married on no more than the expectation of riches? A family like Devilchild's? Impossible. I made my fortune, could she have but waited. I was a boy, a fool to care for her. Enough! I will not think on it. And yet, my nephew, RJ… Poor ILC! No more. No more, I say!
Weren't three spiritssupposed to visit me? What time is it now? Let me see. I must stay awake and keep a look about. Let `em come. I have passed so far a strange and terrible night, and I doubt anything between a baby and a rhinoceros would astonish me....and no more pizza before bed dammit

Old 14 Dec 2002, 01:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

ACT 3
Scene 1

NARRATOR: The hour was drawing close against which the coming of the second spirit had been foretold. Evil Ryan was on his guard, for he wished to challenge the Spirit on the moment it appeared, and did not wish to be taken by surprise.

(CHIME. CHIME. BELL)

NARRATOR: Now, being prepared for almost anything, he was not by any means prepared for nothing; and, consequently, when no shape appeared, he was taken with a violent fit of trembling.

(Evil Ryan gathers his courage and looks around the edge of his chair. Sees 2nd SPIRIT.)

Soda Girl: Ho, ho, ho! Evil Ryan! Come, come closer, and look upon me! I am the Ghost of Christmas Present!

Evil Ryan : Ooooh I like presents....

Soda Girl: PRESENT not PRESENTS ...like the here and now...nevermind just shut up...Have you never seen the likes of me before ?

Evil Ryan: Never!

Soda Girl: Never walked forth with the other members of my family?

Evil Ryan: I don't think I have. I am pretty sure I would have remembered it. No, I am afraid I have not. Have you many brothers and sisters, Spirit?

Soda Girl: More than eighteen hundred to date!

Evil Ryan: Eighteen hundred! A tremendous family to provide for!… Spirit, conduct me where you will. If you have something to teach me this night, let me profit by it. I went forth before upon compulsion, but I learnt a lesson, which is working on me now, and I am humbler than I was.

Soda Girl: Come with me! Let us visit a Christmas Present of someone you know!

(Soda Girl gestures, and LIGHTS come up on RJ'S party.)

RJ (Laughing): He said that Christmas a humbug, as I live! He believed it too!

NARRATOR: Evil Ryan found himself in the home of his nephew, RJ. The walls and ceiling were hung with living green. Bright gleaming mistletoe and berries glistened, and such a mighty blaze went roaring up the chimney, as Evil Ryan's dingy house had never known. There were turkeys, geese, mince-pies, plum-puddings, red-hot chestnuts, cherry-cheeked apples, and seething bowls of punch, that made the room dim with their delicious steam.

Devils Playgirl: Oh, RJ

Evil Ryan: Is that my niece, Caroline? Very pretty girl. Exceedingly pretty girl....now I know why my fool of a nephew married...how he got her I still don't know

RJ: That's the truth, my dear! He's a comical old fellow, and not so pleasant as he might be. However, his offences carry their own punishment, and I have nothing to say against him.

Krayzie: I'm sure he's very rich, RJ.

RJ: So! His wealth is of no use to him. He don't do any good with it. He don't make himself comfortable with it. He hasn't even the satisfaction of thinking that he's ever going to benefit anyone with it, for I don't expect we shall be in his will, my dear DP, no I don't expect so at all.

DP: I don't know how you have patience with him, RJ.

RJ: Oh, I am sorry for him. I couldn't be angry with him if I tried.

Evil Ryan: A good-hearted lad, RJ.

RJ: Who suffers by his ill whims? Himself, always. Here, he takes it into his head to dislike us, and he won't come and dine with us. What's the consequence? He loses a very good dinner, and some pleasant moments, which could do him no harm. I am sure he loses pleasanter companions than he can find in his own thoughts, either in his moldy old office, or his dusty chambers. I mean to give him the same chance every year, whether he likes it or not, for I pity him. He may rail at Christmas till he dies, but he can't help thinking better of it-I defy him to do so-if he finds me going there, in good temper, year after year, and saying `Ryan, how are you?' If it only puts him in the vein to leave his poor clerk fifty pounds, that's something; and I think I shook him yesterday.
But this is dreary talk for a Christmas party. Let's have a game!

DP: What shall we play?

NARRATOR: They played many games. There was music, and Evil Ryan's niece played the harp-among other tunes, a simple little air, which had been familiar Evil Ryanas a child, and affected him greatly now. They all played a game Twenty Questions, which Evil Ryan joined in, wholly forgetting in the interest he had in what was going on, that his voice made no sound in their ears.

RJ: No, no, no, no!

DP: Does it live in the country?

RJ: No.

Krayzie: Then it lives in the City. Is it kept in a cage or on a leash?

RJ: Ha! No.

Krayzie: A live animal, an animal that growls and is of savage nature. Found in the City, but not kept in a cage or on a leash! Extraordinary. Is it a dog?

RJ: No!

Evil Ryan: A bear?

DP: Could it be a bear?

RJ: No.

Evil Ryan: It was a sound guess-excellent young woman. Very intelligent. I like the way she thinks

DP: Not a horse, or a cow, or a bull, or a tiger, or a dog, or a pig, or a cat, or a bear. And you say it walks the streets freely. Not made a show of, not housed in a stable, never brought to market. A rather disagreeable animal.

Evil Ryan: Most perplexing.

Krayzie: Does it talk, RJ?

Evil Ryan: Talk! foolish child

DP: A talking animal?

RJ: YES!

Krayzie: Then I know, RJ, I know! It's Evil Ryan!

DP (laughing): You should be ashamed of yourself RJ!

Evil Ryan: You shall pay for this insult

(Evil Ryan's face falls. Soda Girl indicates it is time to move on.)

Krayzie: You might have said `yes' to the bear--!

RJ: Well, he has given us plenty of merriment, I am sure, and it would be ungrateful not to drink his health! A Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to the old man, wherever he is!

Soda Girl: We have more to see. Let us visit another Christmas, in another part of the City

Old 14 Dec 2002, 01:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

NARRATOR: Now the room, the fire, holly, mistletoe, turkeys, pies, pudding, fruit, and punch, all vanished instantly, and they stood in the city streets on Christmas day, where the people made a rough, but brisk and not unpleasant kind of music, in scraping the snow from the pavement in front of their dwellings, and from the tops of their houses. The house fronts looked black enough, and the windows blacker, contrasting with the smooth white sheet of snow upon the roofs and with the dirtier snow upon the ground, which last deposit had been ploughed up in deep furrows by the heavy wheels of carts and wagons into thick yellow mud and icy water. The sky was gloomy, and the streets were choked up with a dingy mist, half thawed, half frozen. There was nothing very cheerful in the climate or the town, and yet was there an air of cheerfulness abroad…

(As Soda Girl and Evil Ryan walk, Soda Girl spreads goodwill among the TOWNSPEOPLE. MUSIC: God Rest You, Merry Gentleman.)

BUSINESSMAN (The Rock): A Merry Christmas to you!

EB: tis a beautiful Christmas Day.

Pricess Steph: So it is. God love it, so it is. A Merry Christmas!

Princess Steph (to her children): Come along!

(Devilchild with Bad Magick enter.)

Evil Ryan: Why, that's my clerk, DevilChild!

The Rock: A Merry Christmas, Dev! And to you, young BM!

Bad Magick: Thank you, sir. God bless you, sir!

Evil Ryan: How extraordinary!

(The TOWNSPEOPLE exit. Soda Girl and Evil Ryan follow Devilchild & Bad Magick home to Devilchild's HOUSE where Princess Steph and the CHILDREN are setting the table.)

Old 14 Dec 2002, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
RJ Knuckles

kurt this story is unbelievably good