ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Wrestling school and/or Wreslting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2002, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Devilchild

Default Wrestling school and/or Wreslting?

Just wondering if anyone in here is/has every actively pursued a career in wrestling.

Did you ever attend a wrestling school?

Have you ever wrestled (Pro not Am, and I am excluding backyard stuff)?

Old 10 Dec 2002, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

most people know that earlier this year I had been going to the LWF in Mokeena Illinois at the bump factory and had been for four months before getting in a car wreck.

i'm currently looking at one ran by tony kozina in portland, oregon and the xpw school in california as well as the monster factory ran by larry sharpe in new jersey

Old 10 Dec 2002, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Devilchild

I have trained at several schools here in the NW, use the term "schools" loosely with a good majority of them. I never trained at "Tornado" Kozina's school, I trained at Billy Jack Hayes' school for about 2 weeks then I went to the "House of pain" in Langley, BC (Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling's school).

I have wrestled a few small venues, but I took a bad bump (ignored it and it got worse) and hammered my right kidney. So my career is on the shelf. But it was a great experience and gave me a whole new respect for what abuse those atheletes take in the ring.

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

isn't the school Haynes was running the one that steve doll and al madril took over and then matt borne?

i actually met brian cox when my friend was wrestling for champ. wrestling usa aka pnw

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Devilchild

Yeah, Matt Borne now runs it I do believe I only had like 3 training sessions their, after doin' the over glorified, backyard style, $10/ night crap with some semi local outfit that went bankrupt , I took the first opportunity I could to get to Langley, BC for the tryouts for ECCW.

"Bruiser" Brian Cox, I met him for about 3 seconds once lol, nothin' like bein' a "rook"

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

I can't blame you, but the guys like borne, haynes etc have good connections which is what I liked about them. But ECCW has a good school from what i've heard.

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Devilchild

That they do, and they are great at helpin' ya out. Borne is who helped me in contact with "Gorgeous" Michelle Starr the head trainer at HoP. That is the best thing a person can do is make conections, damn that pays of big time. And never bite the hand that helps ya out, cause more than likely you will cross paths with them again in the wresltin' biz.

With connections I got to do shows with NAWA, ECCW, ICW, ASCW, Azteca Pro and a bunch of Indy booked shows.....and hell I was not a star, but damn it was fun.

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

yeah if memory serves me correctly talking with haynes back in the fall of 1999 I think he was charging 1500. but wanted 1000 down, something like that

the monster factory has connections with vince, the jarretts and japan and of course larry sharpe has done so much in the wrestling world and his son was in the wwe for almost 20 years

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

I almost attended OVW but couldnt gather up the funds
same with HWA

Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Devilchild

Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen_Angels_Man
yeah if memory serves me correctly talking with haynes back in the fall of 1999 I think he was charging 1500. but wanted 1000 down, something like that

the monster factory has connections with vince, the jarretts and japan and of course larry sharpe has done so much in the wrestling world and his son was in the wwe for almost 20 years

Yeah, I think I shelled out $800 (all I had at the time) to Haynes' gym upfront, I think the going rate was $1500, but they refunded me like half of it when I went to the HoP, which was hella cool cause that is what I lived on til I got a job.

Old 11 Dec 2002, 11:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
-Girl X-

Twisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster ever

It's something I really wanna try, but I don't know where the wrestling schools are here, if any, and I don't know if I would be any good at it.

Thanks for the very awesome banner KK!
Old 11 Dec 2002, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

i'm still in school so i havent been to a wrestling school to be trained, but when ever there is somthing like kickboxing or boxing going on down here they book me and a couple of my freinds to enterain the crowd with "wrestling" during intermissions.

i plan on going as soon as i finnish school though. got any good ones that you recermend.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I never wrestled or attended at a wrestlingschool , but I have about 10 addresses of wrestlingschools saved on my pc !
Old 11 Dec 2002, 09:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Burnt Page in History

Peroxwhy?gen is on a distinguished road

I currently wrestle for a small-indy fed in MI called XNH...and I used to put on Hardcore Matches at my talent shows.