ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Canadians want to be americans...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
StarScream

Default Canadians want to be americans...

they all do, they watch our tv shows, they know about our laws and pop culture, they can name our presidents and everthing, but we dont know shit about them, we dont know their presidents name, ok i know they dont have one, but still we dont know the equivilant of the president..... we dont watch thier tv shows..... cant you canadians represent your own shit...

Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon
Default Re: Canadians want to be americans...

Quote:
Originally posted by StarScream
they all do, they watch our tv shows, they know about our laws and pop culture, they can name our presidents and everthing, but we dont know shit about them, we dont know their presidents name, ok i know they dont have one, but still we dont know the equivilant of the president..... we dont watch thier tv shows..... cant you canadians represent your own shit...
Ok...we know alot about the States because it is shoved down our throats.....You are making a vast genralization..I am so fucking proud to be from a country that does not condone the Death Penalty...a country where if u want to spark up a joint on the Street ...u can, and if u get caught, u may get a fine.Where we have FREE medicare, Where we do not have a redneck president who speaks another language called "Retard"...where we have the best damned beer in the world, and the Hottest women!

Here's a nice little thing to read

I am not a lumberjack, or a fur trader
And I donít live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled
And I donít know Jimmy, Sally, or Suzzy from Canada
Although I am certain they are really, really nice
I have a Prime Minister, not a President
I speak English and French, not American
And I pronounce it "about"... Not "a boot"
I can proudly sew my countryís flag on my backpack
I believe in peacekeeping not policing
Diversity not assimilation
And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal
A toque is hat, a chesterfield is a couch, and it is pronounced Zed not ZEE, Zed
And Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of Hockey
And the best part of North America
My name is Joe, and I AM CANADIAN!
Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
StarScream

Default Re: Re: Canadians want to be americans...

Quote:
Originally posted by ShyneFactory

Ok...we know alot about the States because it is shoved down our throats.....
we dont shove nothing down your throats, your own country does that..... i was really just saying canadian pop culture sucks, then again they dont even have thier own... and we say about, not a boot

Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon
Default Re: Re: Re: Canadians want to be americans...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by StarScream

we dont shove nothing down your throats, your own country does that..... i was really just saying canadian pop culture sucks, then again they dont even have thier own... and we say about, not a boot
[/QUOTE

It is shoved down our throats by American TV and propaganda...because we have a nation about a tenth the size in population.And we do have a HUGE pop culture...America is so self absorbed in there's that they do not know about it.

Per Capita, Canada has the most amazing music come out of it..I love my counry man, and it is easy for me to say stuff about yours not being from there...just as easy and irrational as u making generalizations about mine.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
afficial

Quote:

lol this just shows that you have no eduacation on this subject and just copy other american "canada haters" buy saying "... and we say about, not a boot". so don't try to talk on a subject you don't have any idea about.
Canadian pop culture sucks? What do you know about canadian pop culture? LOL

Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
StarScream

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Canadians want to be americans...

Quote:
Originally posted by ShyneFactory

It is shoved down our throats by American TV and propaganda...because we have a nation about a tenth the size in population.And we do have a HUGE pop culture...America is so self absorbed in there's that they do not know about it.

Per Capita, Canada has the most amazing music come out of it..I love my counry man, and it is easy for me to say stuff about yours not being from there...just as easy and irrational as u making generalizations about mine.
but if your pop culture was as good as you say it is, why arent we listening to any great canadian musicians and what not?

Old 24 Nov 2002, 05:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
StarScream

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Canadians want to be americans...

Quote:
Originally posted by Afficial

What do you know about canadian pop culture? LOL
nothing, and thats the point

Old 24 Nov 2002, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Canadians want to be americans...

Quote:

but if your pop culture was as good as you say it is, why arent we listening to any great canadian musicians and what not?

Sorry if our country hasn't given the world Britney Spears, Eminem and Avril Lavigne, the only bullshit your pop culture is obsessed with. For your information, we have Canadian musicians covering the whole spectrum. For rap we have guys like Swollen Members, rock/punk we have Treble Charger and Our Lady Peace, and we even have our own boy bands, like B4-4 and Soul Decision. They just aren't completely overexposed like your boy bands. At least we don't have to deal with listening to the same domestic pop crap over and over like you guys have to. We actually have CHOICES.

EDIT: Oops. It has come to my attention that Avril Lavigne IS in fact, Canadian. But we still aren't as obsessed with her as you guys are.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 25 Nov 2002, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:

Sopken like a typical ignorant Yankee
Oh please.....if half your would get out of that "fishbowl" metality your soceity has with any country outside you boarder, you would realize that many other countries (espcially Canada) know all too well how your conuntry bully's an bonbards nevery other county int he western hemispere (not to mention countless other counties around the world) You would realize exactly what sort of culture we have!!! But since your country is so blind to every socitey but your own.....you never will see anything but the USA. its only the very few in your country that actually spend a good deal in other counties to reaiaze there more to other places INCLUDING Canada than you here or your tv's and newspapers...(thank your closed-minded media for that) Nearly everyone I know thats come ans stayed here in canada for a good while from the US, have a very diffrent opinions of us....many for the better. In other words "don't judge what/who you don't know".
Old 25 Nov 2002, 12:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Man this is so...Like that lame Unamerican vs American thing the other site did.

Old 25 Nov 2002, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Truth
Man this is so...Like that lame Unamerican vs American thing the other site did.
You mean the PW board? Or somewhere else?
Old 25 Nov 2002, 12:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
One more match

Hollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to beholdHollywood Hogan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hogan

Just like PW did....It shouldn't matter....we are all people, thats all that really matters......I swear...people have too much pride at times......
Old 25 Nov 2002, 04:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Oic...just wondering...