ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Ever Feel Hardcore worked to death?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Nov 2002, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon
Default Ever Feel Hardcore worked to death?

I've got a Christmas Job in the city..which is an hour away from where I live..(Which is why I am and will not be on alot till Christmas)...and it is sucking the life out of me...I mean, I know how to work...but my Schedule with the commuting is aweful

Mony thru Wedsday ..I leave my house at 7...(Drop my mom off)...get to work a little before 9..work till 6, pick my Mom up..and get home at 9., THursday and Friday..Leave the House at the same time..execpt work a 13 Hour day from 9-10..which hurts, and Saturday is the same as M-W.

It's selling those stupid little "Bey Blades"..kids shit from a kioskl...but it is mega busy...like today I sold $2800 worth of shit...ranging from $10-20.and was on my feet for the most of the day.

I am completly wasted...and everybit of energy is sucked from my body.

So, my question is...have u ever felt overworked...or what was the hardest Job u have ever done?
Old 23 Nov 2002, 02:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Devilchild

Yeah, Puttin' up hay for cattle in the summer......80-90 degrees out puttin' in 12-16 hours/day for about 2 months luggin and tossin around 120lb bales.............

Ocean crabin' in mid January is brutal, somtimes 5 days of straight fishin; and you get about 2 hours sleep the whole time.....ice builds like a 1/2 inch thick on your rain gear and you are getting the piss beat out of you cause you are getting nail by 17 ft waves while you are draggin a 100lb crab pot off the ocean floor all while tryin' not to get your ass killed by a swingin' pot or end up overboard.

.........I have done my share of physical labor.

Old 23 Nov 2002, 03:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Devy's Heart

I guess I am in the same boat in a way...I was looking for a job and got called on THREE...had to make some decisions, well one was p/t two nights a week..GRAVEYARD.. so I thought well, I can work that one around whatever else I work b/c it is only two nights..blah blah blah...the other is with a radio station and will be M-F 9-5 no sweat...but it is after Jan.....so, then got called to Wal-Mart for full time temp thru Christmas only...so I am working there 40 hours a week...bad thing is I work there 10-7 each day and two days off....usually are Tue or Wed or Thur...so like tonight I worl 11-7, then tomorrow 10-7 then <well this week I am off Sat b/c of my bday> but next week....10am-7pm, 11pm-7am, 10am-7pm..on and on yes it can be stressful adn my question is.....IS IT WORTH IT? yes I realize in a few weeks it will end b/c I will be laid off.....I am having to learn everything the full time ppl are, I am working electronics so PLEASE..can you imagine how busy it will be starting next week for sure!?!?!?!??!?!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP..ok thats my rant lol

Old 23 Nov 2002, 03:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Nope.
I have worked at a daycare where I got paid to play with kids all day.

And from age 16-18 I was a Wal-Mart cashier. Easiest thing ever plus I got to meet tons of people.

They were both totally great and no "being worked to death" was involved.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 03:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally posted by SodaGirl
Nope.
I have worked at a daycare where I got paid to play with kids all day.

And from age 16-18 I was a Wal-Mart cashier. Easiest thing ever plus I got to meet tons of people.

They were both totally great and no "being worked to death" was involved.
sweetie ya nows I luv ya but I pry have spoken to in any given week than live in your town

btw yes have felt worked to death
was working 80 hrs a week for nearly 6 months

Old 23 Nov 2002, 04:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurt Angle
sweetie ya nows I luv ya but I pry have spoken to in any given week than live in your town
Quite possibly....But it's not just people from our town that go to the Wal-Mart. We are the closest one for 50 miles. So that's a variation of people. Plus, Our area gets a lot of visitors to our lake, so in the summer especially, I meet people from all over.

May not seem like a lot to you, but we live in totally different environments....I totally believe you have met MANY more people than me. But that's ok. ...I am gettin' outta here someday.
Old 23 Nov 2002, 04:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally posted by SodaGirl

Quite possibly....But it's not just people from our town that go to the Wal-Mart. We are the closest one for 50 miles. So that's a variation of people. Plus, Our area gets a lot of visitors to our lake, so in the summer especially, I meet people from all over.

May not seem like a lot to you, but we live in totally different environments....I totally believe you have met MANY more people than me. But that's ok. ...I am gettin' outta here someday.
dunno wy but when you say that I picture you tryin to escape IOWA like Earnest tried to get outta prison in Earnest goes to jail

funny stuff

nvermind
carry on