ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

I need tips... Please help me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Nov 2002, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Hero is on a distinguished road
Default I need tips... Please help me.

Okay, I know I whine about Cross Country a lot, but I could really use any advice you all could give. Here'd my problem:

I love running. A lot. Really helps me think and I'm in better shape than a lot of people. Since I mix that with my own type of wrestling, I'm a pretty built guy (except in the face).

But running is far more important to me. It will probably get me into college. But here's my problem: I keep getting injured with a stress fracture. This past CC season was my third injury in a row. And I kick some hard ass up until I get injured. I was the #3 runner on one of the best CC teams in my state until I got injured (That says a lot, trust me). But I can't stop the injuries from coming. In Febuary, I start Track. That is my sport. I want to do well, better than I ever did, but I don't want to break my leg a fourth time. Does anyone have any tips on how to prevent it from happening?

Are there any runners on this board at all, besides me?

Any and all advice is welcomed.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough

dude, my sis used to do that & kept getting hurt....she ended up quitting.....i'd say take a long while off, but it sounds like if you do, you'll lose out on college.dude, you should really be asking ur doctor this question, not us
Old 18 Nov 2002, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Drink more milk or take some kind of supplement that will strengthen your bones.
Old 18 Nov 2002, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Quote:
Originally posted by STICK
Drink more milk or take some kind of supplement that will strengthen your bones.
I tried that after my second one. Didn't do squat. I'll try it again, though. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally posted by HEADbanger
dude, my sis used to do that & kept getting hurt....she ended up quitting.....i'd say take a long while off, but it sounds like if you do, you'll lose out on college.dude, you should really be asking ur doctor this question, not us
My doctors didn't help much. They tell me "Get a good pair of shoes, work on your muscles, blah blah blah." I have one of the best shoes available, and they didn't help for number 3. Sorry about your sister. I'm in one hell of a fix, aren't I?
Old 18 Nov 2002, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Hmmm, maybe pull a Wolvie and get a titanium skeleton transplant. That's the only other thing I can think of lol.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 10:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Titanium Skeleton would be nice...
Old 19 Nov 2002, 10:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

you need to take a good deal of time off to make sure everything heals properly
the milk and supplements is a good idea too

perhaps should suggest to a doctor a more thorough series of tests...if the bone keeps breaking could be a sign of more serious problems

Old 19 Nov 2002, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Take steroids...Your sex life my be fucked up...But you'll win a few races

Old 19 Nov 2002, 05:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

I've taken almost two mo0nths off. You all think that's enough time? And I don't start again until next Friday.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 05:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

Ohhh another CC runner to talk too finally. I say just stay off it until the season starts. Get a GOOD physical trainer to look at it and listen to what he syays. It could be the way you run, and the way you come down on it ...IE how long and hard do you kick? WHat does your coach say? If hes anything like mine he doesnt know jack shit. Ne ways....

What is your avergae time?
What do you run in come track season and what state are you in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Old 19 Nov 2002, 08:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. McMahon
Ohhh another CC runner to talk too finally. I say just stay off it until the season starts. Get a GOOD physical trainer to look at it and listen to what he syays. It could be the way you run, and the way you come down on it ...IE how long and hard do you kick? WHat does your coach say? If hes anything like mine he doesnt know jack shit. Ne ways....

What is your avergae time?
What do you run in come track season and what state are you in?
I CAN do a 5k in under 18 flat (I haven't done it yet, but I've proven to be capable of it). I have also been told that the way I land on my feet might be a reason. I land on my left pretty well, but I land on my right almost completely flat (My right is the injured leg). For Track, I run the 1600 and 3200 at about 5:00 and 11:00. I live in Colorado. My coach gave me the advice to not run until after Thanksgiving when I was fighting the injury off WAY back before Halloween, so he's a pretty intelligent guy.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 09:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

I ran the 5k in 18:07 that was my bets time. I also do track, 100 is my best cuz I got these really long legs. Anyways....The pT will be your best bet, they generally help me. Good luck man...I know its hard but you can pull through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Old 19 Nov 2002, 09:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jobber

Thanks, I'll need the luck. I'll try and find a trainer.
Old 19 Nov 2002, 09:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

Quote:
Originally posted by Hero
I've taken almost two mo0nths off. You all think that's enough time? And I don't start again until next Friday.
not nearly enough time my friend