ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

GSMOAT Round 1 Match 6 - Ray Bourque Lifting Stanley Cup vs. Rumble in the Jungle
View Poll Results: Ray Bourque vs. Rumble in the Jungle
Ray Bourque Stanley Cup 0 0%
Rumble in the Jungle 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2008, 10:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default GSMOAT Round 1 Match 6 - Ray Bourque Lifting Stanley Cup vs. Rumble in the Jungle

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yjC5l4GO54&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yjC5l4GO54&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

As the seconds ticked away, the magnitude of the moment began to overwhelm Ray Bourque.

He bent over on the ice and tried to compose himself. Nothing could prepare him for a celebration 22 years in the making.

"I couldn't breathe, and it wasn't because I was tired," Bourque said Saturday night after lifting the Stanley Cup following Colorado's 3-1 victory in Game 7 of the finals. "It was just too much. I was trying to hold off the tears."

Bourque, denied in 20 previous playoff appearances, let the tears flow as the clocked finally hit zero, and his teammates mobbed him behind the net.

When Avalanche captain Joe Sakic was presented with the Stanley Cup, he immediately handed it to the 40-year-old defenseman as Bourque's family and 18,000 others tried to hold their own emotions in check.

Bourque, denied in 20 previous playoff appearances, could not have written a much more dramatic story line as he and the Colorado Avalanche erased a 3-2 series deficit and took the title from the defending champion New Jersey Devils.

After taking the trophy from Sakic, he raised it over his head, kissed it and skated about 50 feet from center ice before handing it back to Sakic.

vs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf64ZCYVcEI

The embed was disabled so just click on the link to view the video.

The Rumble in The Jungle was a historic boxing event that took place on October 30, 1974, in the Mai 20 Stadium in Kinshasa, Zaire (now Democratic Republic of the Congo). It pitted then world Heavyweight champion George Foreman against former world champion and challenger Muhammad Ali.

The event was Don King's first venture as a professional boxing promoter. He managed to get both Ali and Foreman to sign separate contracts saying they would fight for him if he could get $5 million to be their prize. However, King did not have the money. So he began looking for an outside country to sponsor the event. Zaire's flamboyant president Mobutu SÚsÚ Seko asked for the fight to be held in his country, eager for the publicity such a high-profile event would bring.

Foreman and Ali became friends after the fight. Ali had trouble walking to the stage at the Oscars to be part of the group receiving the Oscar for When We Were Kings, a documentary of the fight in Zaire, due to the fact he has Parkinsons. George Foreman helped him up the steps to receive the Oscar.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

It's tough to go against Ray Bourque since he played most of his career in Boston, and to this day I still have that game on tape somewhere. Great hockey moment. Still, I'm a fan of boxing too, and this is basically Ali's accomplishment vs. Bourque's accomplishment. Objectively, compared to Ali pulling a rope-a-dope against Foreman in one of the biggest matches of his career, Bourque playing on a Stanley Cup championship team doesn't even rate. My vote: The Rumble.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Old 19 Aug 2008, 05:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Rumble in the Jungle goes onto second round.