ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Greatest Rapper Alive First Round Match 8 - T.I. vs Rakim
View Poll Results: Who will advance?
T.I. 5 45.45%
Rakim 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Greatest Rapper Alive First Round Match 8 - T.I. vs Rakim

T.I.

Clifford Joseph Harris Jr., (born September 25, 1980),better known by his stage name T.I., and also by his alter ego T.I.P., is an American rapper, songwriter, and producer, actor, and co-CEO of Grand Hustle Records.

His debut album I'm Serious was released on October 9, 2001 through Arista Records, which spawned the single of the same title which featured reggae vocalist Beenie Man. His debut album included Pharrell Williams of The Neptunes (who named him the Jay-Z of the south), Jazze Pha, and Youngbloodz. Production was by The Neptunes, DJ Toomp, and The Grand Hustle Team. However, the album did not sell very well, and he was dropped from the label. The album sold 268,000 copies.

T.I. released the first single "I'm Serious" with Beenie Man. The single had little airplay and failed to meet the charts. The label would not release another single or video for the album, so T.I. created a video for "Dope Boyz", which had not a video nor single released, but can be seen on YouTube.

He released several mixtapes with the assistance of DJ Drama, which created an underground buzz. He resurfaced in the summer of 2003 on Bonecrusher's song "Neva Scared". He parlayed this attention towards the release of his second album, Trap Muzik.

T.I. released Trap Muzik in the summer 2003 and it debuted at #4 and sold 193,000 copies in its first week. It was more of a success than his debut album because of the singles "24s", "Be Easy", "Rubberband Man", and "Let's Get Away". The album featured guest appearances by Eightball & MJG, Jazze Pha, Bun B, & Macboney and producers include Jazze Pha, Kanye West, David Banner, & DJ Toomp. The success of the album was followed by some controversy; while on tour, T.I. was charged with violating his probation over a 2003 drug charge, and turned himself in. He was sentenced to three years in prison. While there, he was granted rights to film the music video for "Let's Get Away". Trap Muzik was released through Grand Hustle Records and sold over 1 million copies in the U.S. and was certified Platinum.

T.I. released his third album Urban Legend in late 2004.

His first single is "Bring Em Out", having much success. His second single is "U Don't Know Me". His 3rd single "A.S.A.P" reached #75 on the U.S. charts,#18 on the U.S. R&B charts,#14 on the Rap charts, and #35 on the U.K. singles chart. T.I. created a video for "ASAP"/"Motivation". However, "Motivation" appeared on the U.S. R&B singles chart, but not on the other charts like "A.S.A.P".

In 2006, T.I. received two Grammy Award nominations: Best Song Collaboration ("Soldier" w/ Destiny's Child & Lil Wayne) and Best Rap Solo Performance for "U Don't Know Me" at The 48th Annual Grammy Awards.

His fourth album, King debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart in the first half of 2006, selling 522,000 copies in its first week. It became Atlantic Records' best-selling album in 15 years.T.I. released his promo-singles "Front Back" and "Ride With Me" before the album's release date. The singles had small attention, but it helped promote the album and his debut movie ATL. The album also included other singles, "What You Know", "Why You Wanna", "Live In The Sky", and "Top Back". King has earned numerous awards and nominations including a Grammy nomination for Best Rap Album.

"What You Know" won for "Best Rap Solo Performance" and was nominated for Best Rap Song at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards.

T.I. collaborated with Justin Timberlake for "My Love", which proved to be a worldwide hit. It earned him a Grammy Award for Best Collaboration with Justin Timberlake at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards.

T.I. is done working on his fifth album T.I. vs. T.I.P.. The album was released on July 2007 and it was released a day earlier in United Kingdom.

The first (street) single off the album was "Big Things Poppin' (Do It)" which was produced by Mannie Fresh. The single was released to radio stations on April 17.

T.I. released his second single "You Know What It Is" featuring Wyclef Jean on June 12, 2007.

T.I. vs. T.I.P. shifted 468,000 units in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart. The Grand Hustle/Atlantic set is T.I.'s second chart-topper in the past year-and-a-half; King opened at number one on the Billboard 200 with 522,000 copies in late March 2006. The album included guests by Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Wyclef Jean, Nelly, and Eminem with productions by Eminem, Jeff Bass, Mannie Fresh, Grand Hustle, The Runners, Just Blaze, Wyclef Jean and Danja. This is his first album without production by long time producer DJ Toomp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rakim

Rakim (pronounced Rah-Kem) (full name Rakim Allah, born William Michael Griffin Jr. on January 28, 1968 in Wyandanch, Long Island, New York) is a legendary rapper and pioneer of the musical genre of hip hop.

In 1986, Rakim started to work with New York-based producer/DJ Eric B. The duo - known as Eric B & Rakim - are widely regarded as among the most influential and groundbreaking of hip-hop groups, due in no small part to Rakim's technical abilities. Hip-hop trailblazers Eric B and Rakim's first single, "Eric B Is President" (#48, 1986), sparked early debate on the legality of unauthorized, uncredited sampling when James Brown sued to prevent the duo's use of a fragment of his music. It also established Brown's back catalog as a hip musical mining ground for a new generation of hip-hop programmers.Their first full album, Paid In Full, was released in 1987. causing a stir in the rap music world due to its novel sound, approach and subject matter.

Eric B. & Rakim broke up in 1992 after releasing four albums. Due to legal wrangling over royalties and his contracts with both his record label and with Eric B, Rakim did not release a solo album for another five years.He signed with his good friend at the time DeShamus "Q=BOB" Sallis of Q=BOB Records but the label folded shortly after. He then returned in 1997 with The 18th Letter, which included collaborations with DJ Premier and Pete Rock; released in two versions, one of which included an Eric B. & Rakim greatest hits disc titled The Book of Life. The critical reception of the album was positive, and it was certified gold. In 1999, Rakim released The Master which received very good reviews as well.

Rakim was signed to Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment record label in 2000,for work on an album tentatively titled Oh, My God. The album underwent numerous changes in artistic direction and personnel and was delayed several times. While working on the album, Rakim made guest appearances on numerous Aftermath projects, including the hit single "Addictive" by Truth Hurts, the Dr. Dre-produced "The Watcher Part 2" by Jay-Z, and Eminem's 8 Mile soundtrack. However, Rakim left the label in 2003 and Oh, My God was indefinitely shelved, a result of creative differences with Dr Dre.Rakim signed with DreamWorks Records shortly afterward, but the label closed its doors shortly after that.

On April 27, 2004, Rakim was arrested regarding an outstanding paternity matter from 2001. He said he was unaware of the warrant, but he agreed to pay $2,000 in child support for his 14-year-old son. He was released the next day but because of the warrant, that night's Wu-Tang Clan performance (opening for Ghostface) at the Roseland Ballroom was canceled.

Rakim claimed to be working on a new album in 2004 but as of 2007, it has not been released. Recent rumors have claimed that he is planning to sign to Talib Kweli's label, fueled by their collaboration on the track "Getting Up Anthem Part 1". While nothing came of the rumors, Rakim has stated he is still considering the label as distribution.

Rakim is currently working on a new album, scheduled to be released this year, titled The Seventh Seal based on the passage in the Book of Revelation. According to Rakim, he is taking the seventh seal and "making it relevant to hip hop and life itself".As of now, no official news on what label is handling the distribution for the album.

While performing at The Showbox, in Seattle, Washington on November 4, 2007, Rakim announced that "The Seventh Seal" would be released on February 7.

Rakim also made cameos in the Juelz Santana video "Mic Check", the Timbaland & Magoo video "Cop That Disc" and the Busta Rhymes video "New York Shit". Eric B. and Rakim's classic album Paid In Full was named the greatest hip hop album of all time by MTV. Rakim was engaged in a lawsuit with reggaeton performer R.K.M (formerly Rakim) over the use of the name "Rakim". Rakim won the rights to the name. Recently, Rakim was featured in an All-Pro Football 2K8 commercial.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Eric B and Rakim paved the way for rappers like TI. I personally don't like T.I. that much, but he's decent. Rakim is better though.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

T.I. by a mile...Rakim needs to sit his old ass down.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 11:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

I didn't like Trap Muzik at all...but I got hooked to his other stuffs...

Bring 'Em Out is catchy as fuck...

and you can't skip a track in his King, and T.I vs. T.I.P...
Old 08 Jul 2008, 06:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

One of the original lyricists in hip hop is gettin beat by TI. Now it's my turn to protest: that's whack. I'm voting for Rakim not just because of his impact, but because his rhymes still sound good to this day.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Old 08 Jul 2008, 11:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr(uth)iple H View Post
Rakim needs to sit his old ass down.
The fact that he's old now totally cancels out the fact that he was a pioneer and one of the greatest ever. Not just in my eyes, but probably in the eyes of every single one of those rappers that the radio force fed to you that you voted for.

You are a tool.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

After reading that bio, the one thing I can say about Rakim is this...if you want your label to go under, sign him to it. This man must be cursed.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

these 2 are seriously in this?

throw a rock....hit a loser

Old 08 Jul 2008, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

I gotta vote for the legend that paved the path.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

TI will probably win out, and no disrespect to his skills, but no...that ain't the way it's supposed to go down.

Rakim is better than TI, easy...no brainer, no question, no controversey. If this is about the Greatest Rapper Ever, which neither of these two are but if it is about an All Time Title, then your vote has to go to Rakim, if you know what you're talking about.

If this is about the better hitmaker within the last 3 years...which is probably what most of the voters base their votes on...then it's TI.

But you need to know that, as good as TI is...Rakim owns TI and his whole family.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 06:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Sam I going to tell you this and I mean it in the nicest way possible, please kill yourself. The 18 Letter is a stupid old fool, who people thought was some kind of legend in the early 90's and late 80's and fizzled out because he was boring and unoriginal just like Big Daddy Kane, Ice T, Chuck D, Krs-One, and everybody else (not named Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, and LL Cool J) from that era. He's played out like that Gumby haircut he used to rock. Now I've been respecting this tourney and not throwing personal jabs, because you know I don't want to fuck up Jason's great idea. But you have one more time to insult me and than well...We'll just go that route, but I won't fuck up Jason's tourney arguing with your faggot ass.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Old 09 Jul 2008, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

WTF? This is tied

I know it may not be the fairest thing but I haven't voted yet so my vote will determine the winner,and to do that I'll flip a coin.

Heads it's T.I.

Tails it's Rakim.

Well I flipped it 3 times and it landed on tails all three times so Rakim moves on to the next round.

Thanks again.