ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Greatest Rapper Alive First Round Match 5 - DMX vs Lloyd Banks
View Poll Results: Who will advance?
DMX 15 100.00%
Lloyd Banks 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Greatest Rapper Alive First Round Match 5 - DMX vs Lloyd Banks

DMX

Earl Simmons (born December 18, 1970), better known by his stage name DMX, is an American rapper and actor who rose to popularity in the late 1990s. His stage name is derived from a similarly-named drum machine. Simmons is one of the best-selling rap artists of all time, selling over 20 million records with five consecutive albums to debut at #1 on the Billboard charts. To date, his best-selling album was his 1999 album ...And Then There Was X, which featured the hit single "Party Up (Up in Here)". As an actor, he also starred in the films Exit Wounds, Romeo Must Die, Cradle 2 the Grave, and Last Hour, and his own reality television series Soul of a Man on the American cable television network BET. In 2002, DMX wrote an autobiographical book titled E.A.R.L.: The Autobiography of DMX. During his lifetime, he has also held an extensive arrest record for numerous crimes committed during his career.

In 1991, The Source magazine praised him in its "Unsigned Hype" column that highlighted unsigned hip-hop artists. Later, he was signed to the Columbia Records subsidiary Ruffhouse in 1992; under that label he released his debut single "Born Loser", which did not get much airplay. However, Ruffhouse promoted many other artists on its roster rather than DMX and so agreed to release him from his contract eventually. In 1994, he released a second single, "Make a Move", but later that year was arrested for drug possession.

In 1997, Simmons earned a second major-label shot with Def Jam, and made a successful guest appearance on LL Cool J's "4, 3, 2, 1." Additional guest spots on Mase's "24 Hours to Live" and The LOX's "Money, Power, Respect" created an even stronger buzz.

In early 1998, he released his debut major-label single under Def Jam Recordings, "Get At Me Dog", which was certified gold by the RIAA. His first major-label album It's Dark and Hell Is Hot was released in May 1998 and debuted on the top spot on the Billboard 200 chart in the U.S. It earned Simmons numerous comparisons to Tupac Shakur and sold over four million copies.

Simmons completed his second album, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, by the end of 1998; the album was released in December of that year due to a pending buyout of Def Jam. As had its predecessor It's Dark and Hell is Hot, Flesh debuted on the top spot of the Billboard 200 chart and eventually was certified triple platinum by the RIAA.[1] Guest appearances ranged from rap group The L.O.X., rapper Jay-Z, R&B singer Mary J. Blige, and even heavy metal musician Marilyn Manson. The Ruff Ryders posse, for which DMX was a founding member, released its first compilation album under the Ryde or Die series in the spring of 1999. Contributors included DMX himself as well as The LOX and Eve.

In 1999, DMX joined rappers Jay-Z, Method Man and Redman for Jay-Z's Hard Knock Life tour.[1] DMX was arrested but later cleared of a stabbing that occurred at a tour stop in Denver, Colorado; he was also cleared of an assault charge back at his hometown of Yonkers. However, in the summer of 1999, DMX and his wife were arrested and charged for animal cruelty and possession of drugs and weapons after his manager uncle was accidentally shot at a hotel in New Jersey. Eventually, he successfully plea-bargained simply for fines, probation, and community service.

Simmons released his third album, ...And Then There Was X, on December 21, 1999. It debuted at number one on the pop charts, his third straight album to do so. "Party Up" was his biggest single since "Get at Me Dog", and became his first Top Ten hit on the R&B charts. His lead single off the album, "What's My Name?", and third single "What These Bitches Want" (featuring Sisqo) were also popular. .....And Then There Was X is Simmons' best-selling album to date, going six times platinum. Def Jam urged him to release the tracks within a month. The album sold 698,000 copies in its first week.

After improving his legal problems, Simmons returned to the studio and completed his fourth album, The Great Depression. Released October 3, 2001, it was his fourth straight album to debut at number one. The Great Depression went platinum quickly, but was not as commercially or critically successful as its predecessors.

In 2003, Grand Champ, his fifth straight album to debut at number one. This extended DMX the only artist in history to have 5 albums (and his entire album catalog) debut at #1. After its release, he informed the public that he planned to retire, and that Grand Champ would be his final album. He later ended his brief retirement and announced his plans to record another album.

Simmons recorded his next album while switching record labels, causing numerous delays. The album was finally released on August 1, 2006 under the title Year of the Dog...Again. It missed the number one spot in the charts by only a few thousand sales. When Simmons switched to Sony, Def Jam allowed him to keep all of the tracks he had created for the album, which should be called Here we go again. It was reported that most of the tracks were being reworked, with updated production, but the reworked album has also been leaked.[citation needed] Simmons has appeared on a remix of Busta Rhymes' "Touch It". He has also released two more singles, "Lord Give Me A Sign" and "We In Here", which are included in Year of the Dog...Again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyd Banks

Christopher Charles Lloyd (born April 30, 1982), better known by his stage name, Lloyd Banks, is an American rapper and member of the rap group G-Unit.

Lloyd Banks released his solo debut album The Hunger for More in June of 2004. The first single was the summer smash hit "On Fire" which featured 50 Cent. The album debuted at number 1 on the Billboard charts with 433,000 copies sold in the first week. The album has since sold over two million copies and has been certified platinum by the RIAA.

The Big Withdraw was intended to be Lloyd Banks's second album. The album was leaked to the internet after Banks had a ménage à trois encounter with two women and left the CD album behind. The leaked version of the album contained 23 tracks.

During an interview, Lloyd Banks commented on the issue, he said:

It's truth to that rumor. That comes from me doing too much. I was just lost in my ways, fucked two women at one time. It's the little things you don't pay attention to. I had the CD in an actual DJ Whoo Kid mixtape cover. It was just a blank CD with just tracks. I got over 70, 80 tracks, so you can't get them all on one CD. So I might have had 14 tracks of the last two weeks or something like that. Next thing I know, [I] can't find the CD. I'm assuming it had to be from one of those situations when you got too much going on around you. Maybe I'mma just stick to one girl from now on. That's the only explanation that makes sense. Sticky fingers.

Due to the leak, Lloyd Banks began work on Rotten Apple. "Rotten Apple" is a play on New York City's nickname "The Big Apple". It was released on October 10, 2006. The album debuted at #16, selling 46,000 copies in its first week. Rotten Apple was not considered as a commercial success because his debut album sold a significantly higher number of copies in its first week. He has released three singles from Rotten Apple: "Hands Up", "The Cake", and "Help
Old 07 Jul 2008, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

DMX has some hard ass albums. I've never cared about banks, or anyone from G(arbage)-Unit.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Banks has came back in a big way since the Body Snatchers Mix Tape, and he steals the show on T.O.S. But I have to go with Crack man X, "It's Dark and Hell is hot" is one my favorite albums ever, I've been bumping that album for 10 years.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 09:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

DMX, that wasn't hard.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

This shouldn't even be a question...

Dark Man X...

Once he's tired of making movies...He'll come back and take back his throne...
Old 08 Jul 2008, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

good lord.....

no contest

Old 08 Jul 2008, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tumbleweed

xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.xer0 : Cocksucker.

Definitely X...his first 2 albums were gold.

Haven't liked much of what came out since but still he's had a better career...so far.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

And Then There Was X was the shit

dont care what anybody says....that shit still gets play in the car

Old 08 Jul 2008, 04:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

What's funny is that I almost never see X on "best rapper" lists. It's nice to see him get the respect he deserves in this thread.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Old 08 Jul 2008, 05:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Lloyd Banks...

Yeah, no. That cat couldn't rise above the quality of Grand Champ, let alone It's Dark And Hell Is Hot, Flesh Of My Flesh, And Then There Was...X, which BTW I still play as well...

Banks is a clown anyway. I haven't heard any comback shit of his, but the first time I saw him backin up 50 at the VMAs back in the day, I thought dude was a clown, and shit ain't changed since then.

DMX would probably be pissed if he found out that there was even a poll for this question.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Banks lives by the 48 LOP, it seems that he can't get pass LAW #1 though.

Old 08 Jul 2008, 07:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.

I actually like Lloyd but his last album sucked.

I went with DMX.
Old 08 Jul 2008, 07:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Is this the 1st time in the tourney somebody got no votes?

Old 08 Jul 2008, 08:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

No...Nas is murdering Sean P. right now...
Old 09 Jul 2008, 06:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Another blowout this time by DMX and he moves on to the next round.

Thanks to all those that voted.