ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Greatest Rapper Alive First Round Match 3 - Rick Ross vs Q-Tip
View Poll Results: Who will advance
Rick Ross 9 56.25%
Q-Tip 7 43.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jul 2008, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Greatest Rapper Alive First Round Match 3 - Rick Ross vs Q-Tip

Rick Ross

His debut album Port of Miami, was released in August 2006 and debuted at the top spot on the Billboard 200 album chart with sales at 187,000 units its first week out. Its lead single "Hustlin'" was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in May 2006, and nearly a million ringtones of the song were sold prior to the album release. The song also peaked at the seventh spot on the Billboard magazine Hot Rap Tracks chart and #54 on the Hot 100. A remix of the single featuring Jay-Z and Young Jeezy also achieved some popularity in digital downloads. The second single was "Push It", which samples "Scarface (Push It to the Limit)", the theme song off the gangster film Scarface. The music video for "Push It" was also modeled after the film.

In March 2008, his second album Trilla was released and, as its predecessor Port of Miami had, debuted at the top of the Billboard 200. Its lead single "Speedin'" featuring R. Kelly peaked at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100; the next one, "The Boss" featuring T-Pain, became Ross' best single up to date at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The third single "Here I Am" featured Nelly and Avery Storm.

vs

Q-Tip

Besides performing with his popular and successful jazz-influenced hip hop group, Tip also did production work (under his production alias the Abstract or often—along with fellow Tribe member Ali Shaheed Muhammad and the late Slum Village member Jay Dee—as part of the Ummah) for artists such as Nas ("One Love," from Illmatic, 1994), Mobb Deep (co-producer on "Give up the Goods (Just Step)," "Temperature's Rising," and "Drink Away the Pain," from The Infamous, 1995) and even R&B divas Mariah Carey ("Honey," from Butterfly, 1997) and Whitney Houston ("Fine," from Greatest Hits).

A Tribe Called Quest disbanded in 1998, after which Q-Tip pursued a solo career. His first solo singles, "Vivrant Thing" and "Breathe & Stop," were far more pop-oriented than anything he had done in A Tribe Called Quest, as was his solo debut LP for Arista Records, Amplified. His 2002 follow-up, Kamaal the Abstract, although critically acclaimed and issued a catalog number, was never released because the label believed that it did not have commercial appeal. His next album, The Renaissance, was scheduled to be released October 2007[3] but its current release status is unknown.

A Tribe Called Quest reunited in 2006 and played a limited number of dates. The group was composed of its original lineup, including Tip and occasional member Jarobi White. Early the next year, Tip signed a new solo deal with Motown/Universal Records.

As of late, Q-Tip has been very active, once again happily reunited with the full line-up of A Tribe Called Quest on the 2K7 NBA Bounce Tour and regaining control of his previously label-owned MySpace page. He has announced that he is negotiating for the ownership of the masters of earlier material from his previous labels and plans to release them independently.

Q-Tip has recently stated that he will be forming a hip hop group with fellow rapper Common, called "The Standard.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.

Come on, people if you're gonna vote at least post and say who you voted for.

I voted Rick Ross to tie this one up.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

I went with Ross. I like what I have heard from the Boss thus far....never really been a fan of Tribe.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
[Verse 2: Rick Ross]
I'm a sinner not Satan, sitting on Lorenzzes.
And I seem really patient, picture the equation.
People taking pictures and they really getting flagrant.
Flaggin down my spaceship, sergeant sniffin' for a fragrance.
Yayo, Yayo, he wanna sniff the yayo, flying saucer on the hasa
hit the casa just to lay-low.
Make more (money man) that the model for the mob,
Need a blow job my moto, get a model for the job.
Go hard, no job, hustler, no prob, poster,
Nigga what finger f**k you whole squad.
Forty round extenda, flipping for my kin folk
luxury tax on them packs if you didn't know
Bought a new crib, niggas feeling like I hid.
3.2 but I did it for the kids.
More guns than a pawn shop,
Got my whole arm rocked.
Keep the 760 double parked in the wrong spot.

Still huustling...
Luxury Tax....The Boss get my vote easily over the closet case Q-Tip.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Old 05 Jul 2008, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Everyday we hustlin'
Old 06 Jul 2008, 07:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Had to go with Ross
Old 06 Jul 2008, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Sam
Property of the U.S. Gov.

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

It's like asking if a third grader is smarter than a tenth grader. Picking Rick Ross over Q-Tip discredits the voter completely.

It's good to see we have a greatest rapper alive tournament with zero real rap fans voting. Pretty legit.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 04:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's like asking if a third grader is smarter than a tenth grader. Picking Rick Ross over Q-Tip discredits the voter completely.

It's good to see we have a greatest rapper alive tournament with zero real rap fans voting. Pretty legit.
What the fuck? Who are you too question how big a "rap fan" another poster is? The fact is, Q-Tip is wack The Tribe was overrated. There is about 10 groups I would say was better than the Tribe and that is just off top of my head. Q-Tip as a Mc wasn't good, his delivery was wack, his voice sounds terrible, his flow was awful, and his subject matter was of the "Just because you don't understand him, doesn't mean he's nice" variety. This is why Lupe butchered his music at the Hip Hop Hall of fame and didn't give a fuck, because nobody gives a fuck about The Tribe. The only "Tip" That matters in hip hop is , T.I., and he (Like The Boss) is better and has made a bigger impact on the game than Q-Tip ever has.

Old 06 Jul 2008, 06:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sam

Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.Sam is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr(uth)iple H View Post
What the fuck? Who are you too question how big a "rap fan" another poster is? The fact is, Q-Tip is wack The Tribe was overrated. There is about 10 groups I would say was better than the Tribe and that is just off top of my head. Q-Tip as a Mc wasn't good, his delivery was wack, his voice sounds terrible, his flow was awful, and his subject matter was of the "Just because you don't understand him, doesn't mean he's nice" variety. This is why Lupe butchered his music at the Hip Hop Hall of fame and didn't give a fuck, because nobody gives a fuck about The Tribe. The only "Tip" That matters in hip hop is , T.I., and he (Like The Boss) is better and has made a bigger impact on the game than Q-Tip ever has.
That entire post has just proved to me that your taste in rap music is comparable to a thirteen year-old wannabe gangster.

You're trying to tell me that this:
Quote:
Who the fuck you think
you fuckin with, im the
fuckin boss
745 white on white thats fuckin ross
I cut em wide, I cut em long, I cut em fat
I keep em commin back, We
keep em commin back
Im in the distribution
Im like atlantic
I got the motha fuckers flyin
across the atlantic
I know pablo, noreager(sp),
the real noreager
He owe me 100 favors
Is better than this:
Quote:
We in a world that places heavy emphasis on money synthesis
Y'all can be my witnesses
That a fella fascination with money has grown
To the point that he will shit on his own
We got to have it y'all, its not a Spike Lee cinematic
A piece of paper makin niggaz get dramatic
But the money doesnt come automatic
Gotta motivate ourselves to go and grab it
We got to get it yall, in an orderly fashion
Some cats go about it with too much passion
We got to mediate our greedy levels
Cuz the lust of currency can have us sleepin with the devil
Gotta recognize it, realize the power
that this little ma-huckin piece of paper will devour
Man can be greater than the thing he creates
See, I'ma do my thing and see how much I can scrape
Yo I'd rather have respect than money, no doubt
But listen to me y'all, I want the mass amount
That the Sesame Street Dracula cant Count
So that I can give my people when that thing surmounts
To higher levels.. of being.. so when I'm MC-ing
I hope to see you there steady G-ing (say word)
But the only way we can truly reach that goal
Is finding true inner peace and prospering souls
It's like that
.... ummmm.... huh? You'd fit in well in a middle school, Truth. You and your friends could go to a Hannah Montana concert together.
Old 06 Jul 2008, 09:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
That entire post has just proved to me that your taste in rap music is comparable to a thirteen year-old wannabe gangster.
Yeah, and your taste is the same of one of those guys who gets beat up by the "want to be gangsters" in middle chool. You like Q-Tip because somebody told you "that if you like old rappers, than you know Hip Hop". The fact is Quest was mediocre and Q Tip sucked solo. You think because you like guys like Mos Def, Kweli, and Q-Tip you have some kind of superiority Sam? Well you don't man, those guys are boring and it shows in their music. Mos Def and Kweli to their credit have atleast made good music every now and than. Opposed to Q-Tip who has sucked for the last 20 years, but somehow brain washed a few teenage misfits, oddballs, and losers who're confused about their sexuality, that he's some kind of hip hop legend. Well he isn't, he never was and never will be. It's shocking that I've been out of high school for about 10 years now, and Q-Tip has stilled managed to have the same kind of freaks listening to his garbage and believeing that he is some kind of trendsetter.

Quote:
.... ummmm.... huh? You'd fit in well in a middle school, Truth. You and your friends could go to a Hannah Montana concert together.
Yeah, I'd rather go too see Hannah Montana, than a Q-tip concert any day. Atleast at the Montana show, I wouldn't have to be surrounded around a bunch a "confused" back packers dancing with eachother while listening to "Vibrant Thang".

Last edited by Tr(uth)iple H; 07 Jul 2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07 Jul 2008, 03:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr(uth)iple H View Post
Yeah, and your taste is the same of one of those guys who gets beat up by the "want to be gangsters" in middle chool. You like Q-Tip because somebody told you "that if you like old rappers, than you know Hip Hop".
This is coming from the same person who likes only the rappers his radio tells him to like.

Quote:
The fact is Quest was mediocre and Q Tip sucked solo. You think because you like guys like Mos Def, Kweli, and Q-Tip you have some kind of superiority Sam? Well you don't man, those guys are boring and it shows in their music. Mos Def and Kweli to their credit have atleast made good music every now and than. Opposed to Q-Tip who has sucked for the last 20 years, but somehow brain washed a few teenage misfits, oddballs, and losers who're confused about their sexuality, that he's some kind of hip hop legend. Well he isn't, he never was and never will be. It's shocking that I've been out of high school for about 10 years now, and Q-Tip has stilled managed to have the same kind of freaks listening to his garbage and believeing that he is some kind of trendsetter.
I like that you think because I like a certain kind of music, I follow a trend. No trend here. No brainwashing or loser teenagers here either. I can make the decisions on my own. It's sad that you call yourself a fan of rap music and you can't appreciate one of the most influential rap groups of all time. You've managed to discredit them for basically everything they've done for the rap industry and given the credit to fat men who rap about what color rims they have. Smart guy. I'll continue arguing with you when you don't say something stupid like the Tribe sucks. I bet Easy-E sucks too, right?
Old 07 Jul 2008, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
RTT
You know me!

RTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to RTT

Oh jesus christ, Rick FUCKING Ross over Q-Tip?

This shit is worse than middle school girls with their MCR... Turn off the radio.

You down with RTT?
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

First of all...GOOD job to Jason for making the first round interesting...

9/7 is pretty close...

I voted for Q-tip...people need to post something other than just go in here and click on someone's name and vote...at least post the person you're voting for...if not the reason...
Old 07 Jul 2008, 06:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoCan View Post
First of all...GOOD job to Jason for making the first round interesting...

9/7 is pretty close...

I voted for Q-tip...people need to post something other than just go in here and click on someone's name and vote...at least post the person you're voting for...if not the reason...
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Close match this one was but Rick Ross moves on to the next round.