ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Jay and Nas The final battle for "The King Of Rap",Ends next month

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2002, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Default Jay and Nas The final battle for "The King Of Rap",Ends next month

Well November will mark the end of the year long Jay Z and Nas feud?(Well really it's been about 5 years,They just brought to the public last year)

Jay Z Blue print 2 (The Gift and The Curse) vs Nas's God son

Since last year these 2 has engaged in a brutal feud for "The King Of Rap",That only could be exceeded by "The Biggie And Pac" War(That war probably'll never be out done,It took both of their lives "literally")

Starting from "Jay Z" finaly calling Nas out a t Summer Jam 2001,Which Nas Answered with Stillmatic pt1(Hto the Izzo ,M to the IZZO)

Which Jay then Answered with a Brutal verse on Takeover (And not to mentioned on the same song ended Prodigy career)People thought,How could Nas counter that Verbal destructive verse,Which birthed the "Infamous Ether",Which we seen the return of "Nasty Nas" after a 7 year hiatus(I say that because he'd been putting out bullshit,Since the classic "Illmatic")

Now,I love both songs,But i disagree,When critics say,Ether was better than Take over,And here is why

Takeover:Was one verse of nothing but "THE TRUTH",And Jay brought up facts and proof,Which Nas didn't deny,But also said was true,He summed up Nas whole career And Nas whole life,In 1 verse.

Not to mention the line"And you know who/did you know what/With you know who/Lets keep that between me and you",This translates to,I fucked your girl (Carmen the mother of his child)Nas also admitted this was true

Ether:Was a brutal comeback,But it was all built on,Nas's opinion and jokes,It was a good song(Great for that matter),But it was nothing but him ending,Verses with clever punch lines,And take in mind it was a whole song dedicated to "Jay's" one verse,Which means,Jay must've really gotten to Nas with that verbal raping

Now the 2nd part of the war "The Albums"

THE BLUEPRINT 1:Was quite possibly the best,Album Jay ever did(And i thought he could never top,Reasonable Doubt,Not that his other albums wasn't good,But thats a classic)

And it was the best pure "Rap Album",Since "Life After Death and Makaveli's Don Killuminati",And "Illmatic"

Jay touch on every subject,That he's been questioned on,In his 6 years in the "Rap Game" in detail and facts.And gave you "THE TRUTH" (Example Heart of The city,U dont know,The Rulers back,And the formentioned Take over)

Critics said he degraded women he answered with(Girls,Song Cry and the beautifully put,The Blue print "My Momma Loves me)Which showed why he made comments on bitches,And why he respected Women

Now to "Stillmatic'

Stillmatic:Was a great album(But it still was no "Illmatic)You seen flashes of Nasty Nas on songs like(Stillmatic pt2,One mic "thats a classic",Got yourself a gun)You seen creativity on songs like (Rewind,Your the man,And poison) He show his battle skills on songs like (Either and Destroy and Rebuild)

But other than that it was the Same Esco shit we heard be fore on songs like (Smokin,Brave heart party,And My Country this was an alright song)

So i give Jay the 1st round to Jay,But that's my "Truthful" opinion,The public thought other wise.

But i'm going to sit back,And watch history go down next month,And enjoy every minute of it.

What you people think going to happen? Who your pick?

PS:Please dont spam up my thread with "Eminem",Propoganda,Thank you

Old 29 Oct 2002, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I don't fucking believe everything you just said, mainly because I thought there were very few with such knowledge, man can't no one take your name away from you cause that whole post was the TRUTH......

Hell yeah man I gotta say that the Jay-Z and Nas is a lot more personal then the Biggy and Pac fued mainly cause it was a one sided fued all Pac talking shit...Unless people want to say Biggy got Pac shot that nite, then its a different story....But I have been following this closesly ever since Jay broke it out in concert and in the Source. I think Jay-Z is one of the best rappers if not the best right now thats out, (There are some right now that are lyrically sick in the studio but Jay's shit is hot now). He can think of the sickest shit in a matter of minutes, people are constaintly talking about doing songs with this dude and he going in a room and coming out in 10 minutes with the sickest 16 bars....I gotta give it to Jay all the way, That was my Hall's choice of music last year we had the Blueprint glaring all the fucking time.

First I was gonna say before i read down more about the difference between the Takerover and Ether.......I think the best part of Takerover is the fact that Jay calls out Mob Deep in one verse moves on to Nas in the 3rd verse and then has the nevrve to throw a fourth verse in the song just to let Nas know he ain't even on his raidar, was mad fat, all the while calling out 50 cents without saying his name and JO felony cause he said he would never say their names again cause it would only help them.

Nas's Ether was phat when I first heard it and was like damn, I like the way everything clicks together in the song with the ill beats to back it up, but like you said that was a whole song in retalitation for a verse so you know that stung Nas and Nas knew it too.

I remember way before Jay said that shit about Nas me and my cousin were talking about how Nas has made four cd's (before stillmatic) and that Two of them were ill and two of them were garbage, and that meant 50% of everything that Nas producers is shit, and then a few years later Jay was saying the same thing it was made funny that he called that shit too. Yo striaght up Illmatic and I am are the two that i like the other two can burn in hell for what I care.....Nas is not a consistant rapper and since he isn't consistant he isn't as good. Jay has made 5 cd's and all of those shits were good.

1. Reasonable Doubt- Until BluePrint it was unquestionable on which was his tighest shit, I think it still has the edge a bit.
2.Life and Times Vol. 1- Quality and just shows that he had what it takes to stay in this game, I liked it and still bump it.
3.Life and Times Vol. 2- This shit is of the hook to me I love this CD I thought every song was ill on this, this confirmed that Jay-Z produced consistant shit.
4.Life and Times Vol. 3- The S.Carter was I think the weakest of all his shit, but never the less strong enough to bump when it came out at parties and shit
5.Dynasty- This doesn't count becuase it was suppose to be a Roc-a-fella compalation with everyone on it, but since Jay was hot they put his name on it with the Roc dynasty, Beans is all over this Cd, and its still a phat one better then Vol. 3
6.BluePrint I was in disbelief when I heard this shit every single song on the cd you wanted to put on repeat shit was so together and pretty much made it so Jay took the thrown. He touches on many things and the cd will go down as one of the best rap Lp's ever.

Nas's Stillmatic was phat, but ironically the Cd went the same way his career went it started of mad strong with Ether and by the end of the Cd i was ready for something different....He calls out Nature and Prodigy and Mega, I got Nature's Wild Gremlinz and its pretty tight I listen to it more then I do Stillmatic.

Nas it seems has aliegn himself with that joke of a company Murder Inc. and that is a bad idea, because AZ has more talent then all those fuckers he should just stick to being Nas with AZ by his side, fuck Irv Gotti....

Jay-Z has taken on a much larger force imo in Jaz-O that shit is heating up and Jay may try and brush it of in his rymes dissinf Jaz-O but Jaz-O has a mean bit and is pulling all the right cards "You say the Roc is your lable, did you sign Cam'ron" is just one thing he said about Jay and the Roc claiming that Cam'ron was sign without Jay having any say or much knowledge....I'm looking forward to that fued......

And Can-I-Bus is down, but trust me he is faaaar from out, look for him to hit the roc hard with lyrical assults in a few months when he releases his real cd (CTHS was front he claims throughtout the entire album while talking about the one he is gonna make) followed by a Horsemen album with Kurupt, Killa Preist, and Rass Kass, they don't like the Rock or State Propperty to much

Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Jay Z and Nas....2 fake ass gangsta's talking all this trash....yet we never se any action, thier both sick ass rapper's but they aint real thug's.

Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

They're both whack. Nas used to be the sh*t back in the earlier 90's with Illmatic (which a lot of credit is due to Large Professor) but he subsequently sold out big time. Jay Z of course is responsible for some of the lamest styles in the history of hip hop becoming popular. I could really care less that they're feuding. Maybe it'll help kill thier careers and do a favor for people who remember when mainstream hip hop didn't suck @ss.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by J-$ick
They're both whack. Nas used to be the sh*t back in the earlier 90's with Illmatic (which a lot of credit is due to Large Professor) but he subsequently sold out big time. Jay Z of course is responsible for some of the lamest styles in the history of hip hop becoming popular. I could really care less that they're feuding. Maybe it'll help kill thier careers and do a favor for people who remember when mainstream hip hop didn't suck @ss.
You dont know what the fuck you typing about,Get the fuck out of my thread.

Old 29 Oct 2002, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
StarScream

what about ja rule, vs dmx...dmx diss song called...well i foget what it was called...but it sucked...did ja rule ever realiate yet?

Old 29 Oct 2002, 07:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

LOL Both Nas and Jay Z have a track on the 8 mile soundtrack. Wich by the way is not all that good.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:
Originally posted by Kool Aid Man
LOL Both Nas and Jay Z have a track on the 8 mile soundtrack. Wich by the way is not all that good.
And "Lose your self",To me ,It's not all that good(Also off that soundtrack),See "Jay" we all have opinions.

I haven't Heard the soundtrack yet,But I heard that,And it was garbage(My opinion)

And again,I say no "Eminem",Propaganda in my thread,

Last warning.

Old 29 Oct 2002, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Truth
And again,I say no "Eminem",Propaganda in my thread,

Last warning.
I never mentioned Eminem I mentioned Nas and Jay Z being on a soundtrack together.....

Anyway....Im impressed with Obie Trice though.....he may go somewhere......
Old 29 Oct 2002, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:

I never mentioned Eminem I mentioned Nas and Jay Z being on a soundtrack together.....

Anyway....Im impressed with Obie Trice though.....he may go somewhere......
You do,Good make a thread,About it,And keep it out of mine.

And your trying to pull,The Last warning card to huh?

Old 29 Oct 2002, 10:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Quote:
And your trying to pull,The Last warning card to huh?
Da Fuck? Were talking about rap....not soccer.
Old 29 Oct 2002, 10:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:

Da Fuck? Were talking about rap....not soccer.
Then talk about the subject,And there is something called "Last warning",In soccer,Learn something new every day.

Old 29 Oct 2002, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Quote:
And there is something called "Last warning",In soccer,Learn something new every day.
No but they pull cards!!
Old 29 Oct 2002, 11:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

Quote:

No but they pull cards!!
What ever,Stay on the subject,Respect the thread.If you're not trying to Start shit,Type on the subject,Simple.Or dont "fucking",Post in it.

Old 30 Oct 2002, 12:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I agree that Obie Trice is good, as for DMX and Ja-Rule their both bitch's DMX is another version of Nas 2 good cd's 2 shitty cd's DMX fell way the fuck off, but TRL seems to be likeing him and Sysco and their little duet......Kurpt called DMX "Mutha Fuck D, Mutha Fuck M, Only X I know is Xzibit or RBX.." and Ja-Rule "Def Squad and Def Jam but Fuck Ja-Rule, Irv Gotti I can't wait for Rekwan to break lose, trying to sign Daz niggga Daz will sign you" and "Slamander ass, catapillar ass mutha fucka fake ass killing ruff ryding mutha fucker." Nas, AZ, Nature and Foxy along with Ruff Ryders "Fuck Ruff Ryders Fuck the Firm, Fuck Belly".....And no one But Foxy said anything back, now that is truly sad how one man made half the east Tap.....