ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Best Manga ever !?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2002, 07:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez
Question Best Manga ever !?

series : Dragon Ball Z
movie : Akira
Old 23 Oct 2002, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

(Says in best DR Evil voice)..... I dont know Manga....
Old 23 Oct 2002, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Those are good but my choices are:

Series: Robotech/Macross
Movie: Akira/Ninja Scroll/Princess Mononke (3 way tie)
Old 23 Oct 2002, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

If you choose those titles, you are a newbie to anime. No ofense. DBZ is good for mindless action anime, but for much else. I think the original Dragon Ball is better, although they are very different types of shows. Akira is also pretty over-rated but ok (although the manga compression effect weakens it).

Best tv series I have come across are:

Mobile Suit Gundam (including Zeta and Char's Counter Attack, excluding alternate universe stuff like Wing and G) ((I think Macross is good, but Gundam is the better mecha anime))
Space Pirate Captain Harlock
Space Battleship Yamato (this one and the one above are excelent space operas, Cosmo Warrior Zero is shaping up to be aswell)
Slayers
Lupin the 3rd (the folowing two are some great action/comedy/adventure series, and in Slayers' case fantasy aswell)

Best anime movie. This is pretty damn debateable, but two of the best I have seen are:
Metropolis (Great tale about the future's greatest city that touches upon many issues.)
Night on the Galactic Railroad (Fantastic movie that deals with talking cats, death, and the end of youth. Bet you never seen that combination before?)

I don't think I can fairly name the best anime, because I have not even scratched the surface. There are hundreds of anime series that won't even make it over here. But these are some damn good ones I've come across.

Also FYI: Manga refers to Japanese comic-books and Anime refers to Japanese animation.
Old 24 Oct 2002, 10:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Other anime/manga movies to add:

Ghost In The Shell

Angel Cop

Artimage the Third

Battle Angel

Spriggan

Perfect Blue

Blood The Last Vampire (a short one but very good)

Vampire Hunter D/Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Wicked City (be warned abou this one...its considered to some a borderline hentai )
Old 24 Oct 2002, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

I'm sorry for not knowing most of the series you've mentioned , but here in Germany they show only about 6 or 7 Manga- / Anime-series .
Old 24 Oct 2002, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

As a series : Goldorak/Capitain Flam
Movie : Ghost In The Shell

Old 24 Oct 2002, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm sorry for not knowing most of the series you've mentioned , but here in Germany they show only about 6 or 7 Manga- / Anime-series.
Well here in the US they release many series a year on DVD. I don't really know what the DVD market for your region is like though. I love the stuff, it blows normal television out of the water. The characters and stories are so much better. Basically the only tv series I watch other then it now is wrestling, or something else if I'm at a friend's house. I think I heard that some German film-makers are going to make a live-action Captain Harlock movie. I think the series is known as Albator in Germany. You wouldn't have happened to have heard about this have you?
Old 25 Oct 2002, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Never heard about it . I dont have a DVD-player , therefor it doesnt help me that a lot of Manga's are sold as DVD .
Old 25 Oct 2002, 06:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Another good one is "Spirted Away" thats currently in the theaters...it was created by the same producers and director of Princess Mononke. I got a chance to see it and it was EXCELLENT.
Old 26 Oct 2002, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Series: Robotech/ Macross - I been watching this series, since I was a kid, love the dramatics, and the fight sequences are just a plus.

Full-Length Feature: Ghost In The Shell - Complex and that certain something more, very perplexing if nothing else, actually makes you think... when technology meets spirituality, the possibilites are anything but limited.

Honorable Mention: Ninja Scroll - Also the reason why I took up Manga art, the fights scenes were very sweet, did I mention, I am in love Kagero... the beautifully deadly ninja mistress, she so tragically attracting yet so purely innocent, and I love that concept.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>