ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

"Beyond The Mat". Best movie ever?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2002, 12:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able
Default "Beyond The Mat". Best movie ever?

I think it's safe to say we're all wrestling fans, right? Well in that case, we've all got a chance to see Beyond The Mat, which I'm not ashamed to say is one of my favorite movies of all time. Hearing all about Jake Roberts' drug problems and watching Paul E. give the inspirational "this is your only chance" speech to the ECW locker room was great. It deserved a lot more attention and critical praise then it got. Why didn't it win any awards? Does the media have a complete blind eye to great filmmaking? If so, that would explain why fuckin' Russel Crowe wins every award. Or do they just have something against wrestling? I loved the movie, and found it very underrated. Who else feels this way?
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 20 Oct 2002, 01:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

Actually, I havne't seen it yet. I guess I should get around to renting it. But you mentioned the Oscars, which you should know is a sham. The judges are all people who are in the industry, so they are going to vote on things that will make themselves more money, as oposed to quality film making.
Old 20 Oct 2002, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
afficial

Havn't seen it, but from what i hear it sounds like it would be good.
Know any other good wreslting movies/documentrys?

Old 22 Oct 2002, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon

I agree...awesome Movie....I felt sorry for Koko and Frankie
Old 24 Oct 2002, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Devy's Heart

I thought it was an awesome movie....being a #1 fan of HHH, I didnt like Hart's wife telling him he would get what was coming to him....but thats life....knowing it is staged and they do what they do for their jobs, it made no sense to me...but thats another story in itself...seems she took it too far, IMO!!! Anyways, was a great see and have it ordered through BB now to buy

I truly recommend it to anyone just to see some of what goes on back stage and in real lives of these men and women.

~Hunter's Heart~

Old 28 Oct 2002, 01:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
JerichoDTA

i like the movie i bought the dvd, its good

Old 28 Oct 2002, 04:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

I felt bad for Mic Folley's wife and kid's when they started crying during the match.

Old 28 Oct 2002, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mexican Mammoth

~Y2A~ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ~Y2A~ Send a message via MSN to ~Y2A~

I wouldn't say best movie ever, it was sooooooooooooo depressing. I liked it tho.
Old 28 Oct 2002, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
CANUCKER

Slikums is on a distinguished road

i have that movie but i wouldn't consider it a movie...its more like a uuummm i dunno but its not a movie. Just like Jackass isn't a movie its just a bunch of stuff put together no story to it r anything.

If ya SMEEELLLLLLLL what THE ROCK.... whoa whoa whoa whao! this isn't karaoke night! u do not sing along with THE ROCK! THE ROCK is the only and THE ROCK MEANS ONLY ONE that says this u mother canuckers!! IS COOKING!

^^Raven's House Of Clockwork Orange^^