ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

AudioSlave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Oct 2002, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
RJ Knuckles

Default AudioSlave

What do you guys think about them? The first single Cochese is a great song. The rest of the album, out November 19, seems equally unburdened by political content. Like much of Soundgarden's output, Audioslave are concerned not with social revolution, but personal revelation. And judging by many of the bitter and disconsolate lyrics, it sounds like the songs were motivated by a considerable amount of personal pain. Musically, Audioslave is pretty much what you might expect it to be. Rage members Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk latch into one surging rock groove after another, and Morello's skewed, skittering solos continue to push the boundaries of six-string exploration. But instead of promoting a hip-hop-based agenda, Audioslave blend Rage's rock characteristics with the atmospheric, surreal rhythms of latter-day Soundgarden, glazing it all with Cornell's powerfully emotive vibrato-laden voice, which will be instantly familiar to anyone who's played air guitar to Superunknown.

Old 19 Oct 2002, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Cactus Jack is on a distinguished road

I wasn't much into Rage, but I'm liking Audioslave. I like the blusey feel the first single has. I might buy the CD.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

I'm guessing this is the new band that is almagated from Rage and Chris Cornell that was talked about for a while. Although, Tom Morello is good at using a wa-wa pedal, I'll probably not buy this. I gave Rage a chance by buying thier CDS and I litterally later through them out of my collection. All thier songs and CDs were basically the same thing over and over again. Also them spewing thier very-leftist view points at every oportunity quickly got on my nerves. Maybe I'd like them more since Zach is gone. He pisses me off. I've come to the conclusion that no true MC or DJ should be involved with rock bands. I like Hip Hop groups that play thier own instruments like the Beastie Boys or the Roots, but people like Rage, Limp Bizkit, and whatnot are only stealing elements from Hip Hop and pass it off as something else to make themselves lots of $$$. Although, that element may be gone now, I'm still probably not going to even give this band a chance due to bad past experiences. Sorry, if that wasn't the response you were aiming for.
Old 19 Oct 2002, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough

Chris Cornell is a vocal god!!!! He is the ladder-day Robert Plant....I've always loved the power he has!!!! The dude flat out rocks & i'm hoping he comes back to the music scene & reeks havoc on all these pussy groups!!!!!

Hearing Cornell back on the radio with new stuff is refreshing!!! Will I buy the album???? Hell NO!!!! Then again, I don't buy anyone's albums, i d/l them!!!!!! So I will have the album on my comp, in my car, in every room you can think of, cause if the rest of the album is anything like Cochise, I've got a new SECOND favorite band!!!!
Old 20 Oct 2002, 01:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
RJ Knuckles

I never liked Rage either. But I was always a huge Soundgarden fan. Always thought Cornel had one of the best voices ever. Glad to see him back on the airwaves again. I will definitely buy their c.d.