ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Greatest Anti-hero of all time.
View Poll Results: Who is the greatest Anti-hero of all time?
Spawn 4 26.67%
Wolverine 2 13.33%
Batman 8 53.33%
Other 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2002, 03:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Supreme Overlord

Malice X is on a distinguished road
Default Greatest Anti-hero of all time.

who do you think is the greatest Anti-hero of all time
Old 12 Oct 2002, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough

I'll have to go with Bat-Man....I mean yes Spawn goes out and basically kills anyone who goes over 70 clicks....But if anyone's read Frank Miller's Dark Knight...They know what I'm talking about....Gotham City makes Metropolis look like church on Sunday.....This would be even more evident if they come out with the Super-Man Vs. Bat-Man movie....

TOWC: The Legend Continues

9 Times....
Old 12 Oct 2002, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Yes, I am your Daddy

Dirty White Boy can only hope to improveDirty White Boy can only hope to improveDirty White Boy can only hope to improveDirty White Boy can only hope to improveDirty White Boy can only hope to improve

I voted for the Dark Knight as well. As far back as I have read (I've read some of the stuff done in the 20's as B-reel shorts/serials) the whole premise of Batman is that of the reluctant anti-hero. Basically, he was fucked up before being fucked up was cool.
Old 13 Oct 2002, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

No Punisher on this list huh? have to go with "Other" then
Old 13 Oct 2002, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I will also go with Batman, i mean he has no super power, no mutations, nothing, yet is still kicking ass.
Old 13 Oct 2002, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

You made it tough sticking Logan in there, but I'm going with Batman.
Old 14 Oct 2002, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

wolverine is my favourite,
Old 14 Oct 2002, 04:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Bad Magick

My favorite anti-hero is definetly Spawn.

Old 16 Oct 2002, 03:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

My first thought was Batman but you know I have to go with Wolverine on this one. Wolvey is just a little bit more bad assed and has done a few more bad things. His character has been so well developed over the years and I think kids just love him the way the love SCSA.

Spawn is a fuckin joke of a character. One of the worst creations of all time. Rates just below Savage Dragon and just above Shadowhawk as the biggest embarresment to comics. Plus count in my total disgust with Image and well.........fuck spawn in the cape hole.
Old 16 Oct 2002, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally posted by y2jerichoaddict
My first thought was Batman but you know I have to go with Wolverine on this one. Wolvey is just a little bit more bad assed and has done a few more bad things. His character has been so well developed over the years and I think kids just love him the way the love SCSA.

Spawn is a fuckin joke of a character. One of the worst creations of all time. Rates just below Savage Dragon and just above Shadowhawk as the biggest embarresment to comics. Plus count in my total disgust with Image and well.........fuck spawn in the cape hole.
Care to elaborate on your hate for all things Image?
Old 19 Oct 2002, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Overlord

Malice X is on a distinguished road

Well yj2 add you need to wake the fuck up. you are dead wrong when you say spawn is a joke of a character. Spawn is one of the few characters to have actual depth to his character. Todd McFarlene was a genious in creating the character and I dont care what anyone says, its a proven fucking fact. Im sorry if the comix are a little to advanced for your smallmind.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 05:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Batman, anyone whoever has read the whole "Knightfalls" epic... need I say more? because that is a masterpiece in itself, he is driven by a deep hatred he converts into vengeance, using the darkness as his ally, when most would fear or allow it to consume them, Bruce Wayne is just more peceptive, all on his own level, his innocent reckoning, drives the meaning of an Anti-Hero, he never asked for it... when tragedy murdered his innocence... it was a birth, that neither deciding element of conlfict, could even dare predict.
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>
<option></option>
<option>(Hate)</option>
<option>(Weight)</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet</option>
<option>Cut myself angel's hair and baby's breath</option>
<option>Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black</option>
<option>Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back -</option>
</select>

<center>

<center>I am now complete

Old 22 Oct 2002, 03:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally posted by Deadman Rollin'

Care to elaborate on your hate for all things Image?
Sure

Why did Image ever even start? So the greedy creators could take all their drawings and sell a lot of comics. Lee, Mcfarlane, Valentino, Larsen, Silvestri(?) et al. all left their respective spots at marvel so they could have total creative control over their characters. Well that's fine, but what really happens, Mcfarlane leaves Spiderman just so he can start a new comic about *gasp* A SUPERHERO. Why? Did he save that character for years because he didn't want to share it with marvel? Was he screwing the fans by only giving us half of his creative potential. Same thing with Lee but even worse. He leaves x-men so he can start a new *wait* SUPERHERO TEAM. And a lame one at that. And Larson, Instead of new mutants or whatever he was on he gives us youngblood. See they all just did the same excact thing they were allready doing but wanted to whore out their crappy creations they couldn't get past the editors. The mind boggles at the creative ingenuity at work.

Now how many actual writers were involved here? Evey one of these guys thought their art was so great they could just put together a crap story and bland characters and it would sell. Well it did. But then comics come out like every 2 months. Everything is late. The stories were just god awful. (ShadowHawk, Savage Dragon????? Give me a break) And the whole thing looked like a joke.

The only saving grace was the beautifull and intelligent Sam Keith collaboration The Maxx. I forget the writer right now but this was what I was expecting from Image. Something different and creative that couldn't really happen at Marvel. This comic changed the way ppl could look at comic. It's smart, and creative and is so supperior to anything else that came out of Image.

Now I'll admit I don't even bother with superhero type comics anymore. Occasionally I'll pick up something Peter David is working on but I just don't care what happens to them. It's been awhile since the days of Clairemont and the x-men.

Spawn is really just a pandering to little kids. It's marketing at it's finest. The formula is pretty simple. Draw something cool (Anatomy be damned) add some gore and violence, a little devil stuff, and hey, who cares about the story. Just fill up each page with capes and chains.

Spawn Blows.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 22 Oct 2002, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Default Wanna good comic?

Pick up The Crow trade paperback. It's in black & white but the drawings look like they belong in a muesem, and the story is amazing. Ten times better then the movie, and I love the movie.
Old 22 Oct 2002, 04:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally posted by m4|ic3
Well yj2 add you need to wake the fuck up. you are dead wrong when you say spawn is a joke of a character. Spawn is one of the few characters to have actual depth to his character. Todd McFarlene was a genious in creating the character and I dont care what anyone says, its a proven fucking fact. Im sorry if the comix are a little to advanced for your smallmind.
Well it is a proven fact you don't care what anyone says but ...

What is your point here? I guess you just got a shiny new spawn poster or something and can't stop staring at it. Spawn can have all the depth in the world and he'd still be a boring, poorly written, pandering comic book. Just because he has a back story (A crappy one) doesn't mean anything. Ohhhh he's ugly and misses his wife and his friend screwed him over and blah blah blah. I guess my small mind can't quite grasp the eternal strugle of mundain bullshit he must endure. Go read Grendel if you want depth. Go read Concrete or Bone if you want character development and good stories. Go read some old Jim Starlin Silver Surfer for a good superhero. Go read Miller's run on Daredevil for a good relationship series in comics. Why don't you read Akira or Ghost in the Shell. Get off of this kiddy Spawn worship problem you have because your post is exactly what I'd expect from a little spawn brat who's never read anything before 1999.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!