ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Good cover songs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2002, 07:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default Good cover songs

You know, your favorite band plays sombody else's music, i like it personally, gives it a different twist. Here are a few of my favorite cover songs. I recommend Downloading these if you havent heard them. I'd like to hear more if any suggestions...

1. Metallica- Turn the Page (Bob Seger song)

2. Angie Apparo- Rocket Man (Elton John song), also Sister Hazel did a good one but its not too professionally made.

3. Uncle Cracker- Drift away (Dobie Gray song)
Old 09 Oct 2002, 08:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Metallica's version of turn the page is awesome
Old 10 Oct 2002, 02:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Orphaned.

SodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of FamerSodaGirl is a PWF Hall of Famer

I have recommended "Tonic Sol-Fa" before...but this is a good thread to do it in again.
They are an a capella group that is just amazing. But until their last album "Style" they did all covers (It has some too, just not all of them are) and being the type of group they are, they give a really unique sound to the songs. Since they don't use instruments they are able to do many different types of mysic.
I think everyone should check them out, and keep in mind every the only instrument ever used is a tamborine, and that's even rare..the rest is voice. And if they are in your area...GO! They are so fun live!
Old 10 Oct 2002, 03:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
RJ Knuckles

Pearl Jam covering Last Kiss by J Eddie Wilson
Aaron Lewis from Staind covering Pearl Jam's Black
Creed covering of the Doors Riders on the Storm
also Pearl Jam did a cover of Smells like Teen Spirit which was pretty damn good.

Old 10 Oct 2002, 07:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
punished by Exo indefinitely for trying to stalk and for being a dork

Fallen Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fallen Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Fallen Angel

Nirvana: "Man Who Sold The World" - David Bowie

Guns N Roses: "Live And Let Die" - Wings

God Lives Underwater: "Fame" - David Bowie
~"The earth is full of kings and queens. They'll blind your eyes and steal your dreams. Kurt Cobain didn't make it... and left behind a generation of tortured souls. heed this warning."~
<center>
<select name=which style="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 9pt; background-color: black; font-weight: ; color: darkblue">
<option>Nirvana - Heart-Shaped Box</option>
<option></option>
<option>She eyes me like a pisces when I am weak</option>
<option>I've been locked inside your Heart Shaped box for a week</option>
<option>I was drawn into your magnet tar pit trap</option>
<option>I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back</option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>I've got a new complaint</option>
<option>Forever in debt to your priceless advice</option>
<option></option>
<option>(Hate)</option>
<option>(Weight)</option>
<option></option>
<option></option>
<option>Hey!</option>
<option>Wait!</option>
<option></option>
<option>Meat-eating orchids forgive no one just yet</option>
<option>Cut myself angel's hair and baby's breath</option>
<option>Broken hymen of your highness I'm left black</option>
<option>Throw down your umbilical noose so I can climb right back -</option>
</select>

<center>

<center>I am now complete

Old 10 Oct 2002, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon

Me First and the Gimme Gimme's-Rocket man

Cake-I will survive

Omar-Sister (That's me ...it will be on the Net by christmas..god willing )
Old 10 Oct 2002, 12:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough

Metallica's entire Garage Inc. album was covers...............that's old news...........some new news is that the band is gonna be on a......Ramones tribute album playing "53rd & 3rd".......being released March 2003:

The Lineup......being set up by Rob Zombie:

"We're A Happy Family - A Tribute To The Ramones"

"Havana Affair," Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Blitzkrieg Bop," Rob Zombie
"I Believe In Miracles," Eddie Vedder with Zeke
"53rd & 3rd," Metallica
"Beat On The Brat," U2
"Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio?" Kiss
"The KKK Took My Baby Away," Marilyn Manson
"I Just Wanna Have Something To Do," Garbage
"Outsider," Green Day
"Something To Believe In," The Pretenders
"Sheena Is A Punk Rocker," Rancid
"I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend," Pete Yorn
"I Wanna Be Sedated," The Offspring
"Here Today, Gone Tomorrow," Rooney
"Return Of Jackie & Judy," Tom Waits
Limited Edition Bonus Track:
"Daytime Dilemma (Dangers Of Love)," Eddie Vedder w/Zeke

James Hetfield is doing another tribute to country legend Waylon Jennings, playing "Don't You Think This Outlaw Bit's Done Got Out of Hand", & doing the entire song on his own (drums, bass, lead & rhythm guitar)............for release Feb. 2003.......supposedly really heavy for country music, he said its in honor of his father, who LOVED Jennings!
Old 10 Oct 2002, 03:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

String Cheese Incident rocks, theydo great covers of songs like Steve Miller's The JOker, and Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing. These guys really rock!
Old 10 Oct 2002, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Cool, i will check them out Dogcatcher. Also Headbangers post reminded me of another:

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster (Dont remember the original singer though)
Old 10 Oct 2002, 11:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Shoot Me Again

Head Banger will become famous soon enoughHead Banger will become famous soon enough

Anyone else realize Bob Seger was the guy who sang "Like A Rock"............you know, the chevy truck song
Old 11 Oct 2002, 03:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Johnny Tsunami

Guided By Voices does an outstanding cover of The Who's "Baba O'Reilly." Good luck finding it anywhere but in one of their live performances.

Old 11 Oct 2002, 04:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Jimi Hendrix "All along the watchtower" and "Hey Joe"

and me whenever I cover something.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 06:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah I like Metallica's covers of Turn the Page and Tuesday's Gone
Old 11 Oct 2002, 06:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

That Garage Inc. cd is pretty good. I also like Astonmy(sp?), and Whiskey In The Jar.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 08:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Snake River Conspiracy

Vulcan LionHart can only hope to improveVulcan LionHart can only hope to improve
Exclamation

These are some of my favourites...
Snake River Conspiracy-"How Soon Is Now" (The Smiths Cover)
Snake River Conspiracy-"Love Song" (The Cure Cover)
Jack Off Jill-"Love Song" (The Cure Cover)
Vanessa Carlton-"Paint It Black" (Rolling Stones Cover)