ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Guns N' Roses North American Tour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2002, 05:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo
Default Guns N' Roses North American Tour

GUNS N' ROSES ANNOUNCE FIRST NORTH AMERICAN TOUR SINCE 1993!
Guns N' Roses originally exploded onto the music scene in 1985 with their own ferocious brand of rock n’ roll. They were riding a wave of frenzied musical energy, extreme behavior, and thrilling live performances led by the sheer force of nature that was, is and continues to be the legendary W. Axl Rose. In the process they have sold more than 80 million records. And now, they return with the “Chinese Democracy” World Tour. Their first full tour since 1993!

North America will be the setting for the World Premiere of GN’ R’s full-bang, high-octane “Chinese Democracy” world tour production. Fans will witness the sonic assault of the ‘Guns N' Roses experience’, that will feature a mixture of classic GN'R songs and new material from their forthcoming album.

Nearly nine years have passed since Guns N' Roses embarked on their last world tour. Fortunately, the most important piece is still in place and for people wondering where Axl Rose has been, he's been busy writing and recording a new album, "Chinese Democracy", that promises to surpass all of his previous efforts. Keyboard player Dizzy Reed has been in GN'R since 1991 and along with Axl is the holdover from the band's previous line-up. New to the fold are three guitarists: Robin Finck, formerly of Nine Inch Nails, guitar phenomenon Buckethead, and Richard Fortus. Rounding out the all-star line-up is bassist Tommy Stinson from The Replacements, a second keyboard player Chris Pitman, and Brian "Brain" Mantia formerly of Primus on drums.

The band are fresh from the first six dates of the “Chinese Democracy” World Tour in China, Japan, Europe, and the U.K., where they set attendance and merchandise records at Tokyo (Chiba Marine Stadium-35,000 plus), Osaka (WTC Stadium-25,000 plus) and Leeds (Leeds Festival-52,000 plus), as well as their explosive and much talked-about appearance at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards in New York last month.

Following the launch of the World Tour in China, fans flooded the online website of England’s New Musical Express with hundreds of messages enthusing about the gig, including the following:

"I’ve just witnessed some kind of phenomenon, the most intense and remarkable two hours of my life. I have been to countless gigs but never before have I been so totally overwhelmed and engulfed by such an awesome performance as tonight. This band is going to take the world by storm, they are simply amazing. As musicians, there is no band ever that has the talent of this one, and as for charisma every member is a superstar.

"The highlight for me though was Mr. Axl Rose. He looked young and healthy and his voice was stunning, he will go down in history as the greatest frontman ever, he was totally awesome and should be commended."
Prior to the band’s performance in China, W. Axl Rose conducted a brief interview with the band’s official website www.gnronline.com and was asked how he felt about speculation as to whether or not Guns N’ Roses would actually be performing. His reply was as follows:

"To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can't pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it. I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! But seriously...this is our tour. This is a collection of performances I've agreed to. That I have personally authorized not someone else's good intentions gone awry or a reckless promoter's personal agenda. These shows are important to us and for better or worse we'll be there. For those who've had my back and are down by us with even a modicum of understanding we hope to give you our best, and look forward to seeing you on this little intro jaunt."

Axl and Guns N’ Roses gave their best and delivered big time for the people of China, Japan, Europe, and the U.K.

Now it is North America’s turn!

http://www.gnronline.com/ for tour dates
Old 30 Sep 2002, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

you know i would be excited that they are going on tour BUT
after listening to them at the MTV awards that turned me off and second its not even G 'n R. Its just axl rose and his own band playing.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

That's possibly why the tickets are so cheap.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

Slash was the real star and the true talent on this band, without him it s just not the same thing anymore

Old 30 Sep 2002, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally posted by Iglooman
That's possibly why the tickets are so cheap.
How much are they?
Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
it s just not the same thing anymore [/B]
agreed, i'd like nothing better than to see the original band back together, but the band From the MTV awards was really bad. They just shouldnt be called G N R. it just aint right.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

After the incidient with Metallica up in Canada years ago, I won't watch a GNR video, buy their music or go to a concert that involves them. Axel proved what a low class asshole he is and ruined a lot of fans night on what could of been a band saving concert that night. But that prick only cares about himself and since then i've not listened to their music or watched anything with them on it on the music channels.

Old 30 Sep 2002, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Double K , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Hey Blood, i didnt hear about that, got a quick explanation?
Old 01 Oct 2002, 01:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Mother Fuckin Man

Sagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to behold

It was the night James got burned by the Pyro and Metallica had to end thier set early.

GnR comes out like an hour or so later and plays like 2 or 3 songs and then axel and the band just walk off stage.

we'll the whole crowd rioted and tore the place apart.
Old 01 Oct 2002, 03:10 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

I don't even think it was two songs. Tney started when Axel said fuck it and walked off stage. He was then shown in his dressing room bitching of a sore throat yet smoking cigarettes.