ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Should the US be immune from being charged with War crimes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2002, 12:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Max Cannon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Max Cannon
Default Should the US be immune from being charged with War crimes?

I was reading an article a few weeks ago aout the US refusing to be held accountable for any war crimes in the future? Does anyone else think this is wrong....why should the States feel they are immune from be being charged with War crimes....other countries don't have the immunity.

Why doesn't the US government feel that there troops should be immune from EVER being charged with War Crimes. The States also threatened to remove all of it's peacekeepers if any of it's militry was ever charged with a war crime?

What do u think about this?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Snake River Conspiracy

Vulcan LionHart can only hope to improveVulcan LionHart can only hope to improve
Exclamation

The American government and Military is full of assholes. They think that they're higher than everything else on Earth.... They need to suck up their pride and just admit that we're all on this planet together and quit acting like such egomaniacs.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Angels Man

They're all stoned and drunk all the time. I mean we're the only country that goes around blowing outher countries up and shit, yet after we do it we say, oh shit heres' a few million dollars, to replace your homes, and flod and fix your land.

What a waste of money and they wonder why we're in debt. But then again the sins of the father are falling on the son, and Bush junior is taking a lot of shit from his dads past and having to fix problems that his old man left wide open and undone.

Old 26 Sep 2002, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Should the US be immune from being charged with War crimes?

Hell NO! Espcially since the US was one of the countires that Impelemted this rule to the UN in the first Place, way back when in the UN's earlier years. Is a straight out double standard. How do think other countries under the UN feel if one countriy can "bend the rules" they lay out, but the split second some other country even hints at some simular, all hell breaks loose. I'm really getting tired of this "holier than thou" additude the US Gov't keeps up, and still wonder why when it comes to interactions of other countries, many of then have a dislike towards them. Politics aside, this it wrong. I guess what PM Chrecten stated a while back is sort of ture.. We (as a western socetiy) have become way too arrogant for our own good.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Anonmatel is on a distinguished road

I understand that the US has alot of power worldwide, but to have one rule for themselves and another rule for the rest of the world is stupid.
The US can only get away with bullying other countries for so long before someone does something about it you know. Emerging superpowers such as China, and India, will probably de-throne the US one day of their superpower status, either by economic stratigies or by force.

The more Arrogant and Ignorant the US becomes, then the closer that day comes.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Well there are a couple things missing here.

1. Who is going to hold the US accountable for anything anyway? Nobody.

2. Only the loser is going to get charged with war crimes.

3. Don't act like England or Canada or any other ally is ever going to get charged either. You're all just as exempt as the US so don't be getting hypocritical.

4. War crimes were enacted to keep certain rules of engagement under control during war time. (Geneva convention I think) Now war is hell and all, but the US does a hell of a lot better job of controlling it's soldiers than most of the rest of the countries we end up fighting. Plus the US routinely punishes it's own forces when problems happen.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

Quote:
Originally posted by y2jerichoaddict
Well there are a couple things missing here.

1. Who is going to hold the US accountable for anything anyway? Nobody.

2. Only the loser is going to get charged with war crimes.

3. Don't act like England or Canada or any other ally is ever going to get charged either. You're all just as exempt as the US so don't be getting hypocritical.

4. War crimes were enacted to keep certain rules of engagement under control during war time. (Geneva convention I think) Now war is hell and all, but the US does a hell of a lot better job of controlling it's soldiers than most of the rest of the countries we end up fighting. Plus the US routinely punishes it's own forces when problems happen.
Actually it was a Canadian Minister who was bothered by this..the ICC (International Criminal Court) was told by the States that they wouldn't be held accountable for their war crimes by them..when every oither country in the UN is. The Story I read about it was a Canadian one...I wish I had a link for it.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Now war is hell and all, but the US does a hell of a lot better job of controlling it's soldiers than most of the rest of the countries we end up fighting. Plus the US routinely punishes it's own forces when problems happen.
Oh really? then tell that to the families of those 4 canadian soldiers that were "accidently" boomed on in Afganistan a few months ago but an American fighter pilot. who was pretty much just give a slap on the wrist for overreactingby his surpeiors...
Old 26 Sep 2002, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Still I think the point stands. A country doesn't even have to be in the UN to be held accountable by it's rules, why then should it be supprising that every member be held the same way? The UN is a somewhat idealized bunch anyway. Unfortunatley we find every day and every year that not everybody is going to play by the same rules. I'm guessing it's time for a change.

I also think it's time the US updated it's constitution.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer

Oh really? then tell that to the families of those 4 canadian soldiers that were "accidently" boomed on in Afganistan a few months ago but an American fighter pilot. who was pretty much just give a slap on the wrist for overreactingby his surpeiors...
Leave it to a hoser to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This shit happens. Most of the casualties in the gulf war were by US freindly fire. Is that your idea of justice then? Punish everyone who this happens to? You think it was on purpose? This is not a war crime by any means. Go talk to the women and children who are routinely kidnapped and rapped by their own military then tell me what you think a war crime is.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

A war crime is any crime against Humanity..these troops are placed in posistions of power..and like any power ic can be abused. I just feel that the way the US responsed to the ICC was inappropriate in an age that we desperetly need order.

Do u believe that a soldier that Kills a small Iraqi child should be tried in the International Criminal Court or come back to the States and be slapped on the wrist?
Old 26 Sep 2002, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Well I guess that depends a little. I see lots of small Iraqi, afghanastan, Muslim extremist children with guns pointed at US soldiers.
Old 26 Sep 2002, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seeing the world explode

That is why a trial through the ICC would be appropriate..regardless if there was a 12 y/o Iraqi child pointing a gun at a US soldier, the trial (IMO) should be conducted in a unbiased forum..such as the ICC (If the ICC sees it appropriate for a trial , of course)
Old 26 Sep 2002, 04:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by y2jerichoaddict
Well I guess that depends a little. I see lots of small Iraqi, afghanastan, Muslim extremist children with guns pointed at US soldiers.
Hmmm... at the same time I see middle easten town and vilages being bombes and atacked by Forigen troops for decades. Make you wonder the "muslim children" have grown up that way..
Old 26 Sep 2002, 05:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer

Hmmm... at the same time I see middle easten town and vilages being bombes and atacked by Forigen troops for decades. Make you wonder the "muslim children" have grown up that way..
By foreign countries huh. How long has the US stayed out of middle eastern affairs? A long assed time. Most of the middle east wars are civil wars and pety power strugles anyway. None of it really has anything to do with the US. Just jelousy and hatred of everything. Meh.