ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Something I posted at PW a long time ago

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Sep 2002, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
The Mother Fuckin Man

Sagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to beholdSagz is a splendid one to behold
Default Something I posted at PW a long time ago

This is something that I posted at PW.com along time ago. This is not meant to offend, degrade or humilaate anyone. This is a serious conversation and on that at this time during the boards existance I feel is more than appropiate

This topic may be offensive to some. My intent on this is not to offend but start an intilligent debate/discussion.If you are easily offended please do not continue past this

Quote:
nig•ger Pronunciation Key (ngr)
n. Offensive Slang

Used as a disparaging term for a Black person: “You can only be destroyed by believing that you really are what the white world calls a nigger” (James Baldwin).
Used as a disparaging term for a member of any dark-skinned people.
Used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people: “Gun owners are the new niggers... of society” (John Aquilino).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Alteration of dialectal neger, black person, from French nègre, from Spanish negro. See Negro.]

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nigger

\Nig"ger\, n. A negro; -- in vulgar derision or depreciation.
Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

nigger

n : ethnic slur; offensive name for Black person [syn: spade, coon, jigaboo, nigra]
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University
The defintions above was taken from www.dictionary.com

Why is it that when a black person says this word to another black person it is ok, but when a white person says it to a black person it is considered degrading? we'll I will answer that question myself. Its because of the slavery issue and racial overtones that This country has created.

But still no matter who is saying it is still a degrading term.

A local radion station posed this same question. The majority of the people who called in said it was ok cause when a black person says it to another black person because it means they are calling them there "brother".

But where in the 3 defintions above does it say that? It doesnt. all 3 defintions clearly state that it is a term to degrade.

Just to show you how much this term affects our society take a look at this.

Quote:
David Howard, the director of the Office of the Public Advocate in D.C., used the 50-cent word - which incidentally hasn't received much airplay since Shakespeare died - during a routine meeting with two aides. All hell broke loose when Howard innocently tried to underscore the need for cautious spending in the office: "I will have to be niggardly with this fund because it's not going to be a lot of money."

Party foul!

After this verbal smack in the face, a black aide stormed out of the room in a huff. Apparently, the guy must have left before Howard could explain that "niggardly" means "miserly" or "stingily," and that it does not often appear on a 2Pac album.

But, nevertheless, between a formal complaint about Howard's alleged slur and a whirlwind of ridiculous rumors that he was also closet Klansman/Skinhead/Nazi, the poor guy was pressured to fork over his resignation. And Anthony Williams, the capitol's new black mayor, quickly accepted it.
The term Niggard was the term that is in question here.

lets take a look at what it means

Quote:
nig•gard Pronunciation Key (ngrd)
n.
A stingy, grasping person; a miser.

adj.
Stingy; miserly.
what does this have to do with what I am talking about. We'll really it should mean nothing but because it sounds so much like the other word a whirl wind of controversy was started over it.

just FYI David Howard was offered his job back.

But why should it matter anyways. Black people call each other the "N" word everyday. Its a part of thier every day language.

A white person can say it and all hell breaks loose but a black person can shout it across the street and no one says anything about it.

So why is everyone so tight assed about this word?

I will restate this (in Bold also)

No matter who is saying this word it is still a degrading term

So how should society look at this word? How should our Laws and GOVT, companys and managment handle it?

should we look at it as: Black people call each other this word all the time. so it cant be that degrading to them.

Or should we still hold this word as a Taboo when being said by a caucasion.

Or should it be held as a taboo word no matter who says it?

So gather up your drunks and grab a snack and let the debate begin.
Old 25 Sep 2002, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
like a pimp

pimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster everpimpinthebox is the absolute WORST poster ever

I see what you're saying. But, to me it doesn't matter if black people use it with each other, b/c i'm not going to use it, so why do i care?

The thing about the word, "niggardly" is ridiculous. It's just ignorance by people not knowing what the word actually means. People take offense to too many things. I guess from now on, we can't say anyhting that somewhat sounds like a degrading word. People need to know the facts before they jump to conclusions. It just makes them look pretty stupid.

Scrotum, Scrotum, It's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's the thing i keep my testes in. It's wrinkly and crinkly and covered in hair and i don't know what i'd do if it wasn't there. Scrotum, Scrotum, it's my wrinkly-crinkly bag of skin.
Old 25 Sep 2002, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Nigga and Nigger are two different things and two different words, one is an actually meaning that is precieved mainly today as a slur. Nigga (which is the word your talking about) Is a made up word, take how you want but if the spelling is defferent then its not the same word, like you said people take it the wrong way cause it sounds to much like Nigger, but it ain't the same thing. Do i use either no but there is a difference