ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Jay-Z On Pace To Land #1...Squeezes By 2Pac And G-Unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Nov 2003, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don Killuminati

Slash will become famous soon enough
Default Jay-Z On Pace To Land #1...Squeezes By 2Pac And G-Unit

Jay-Z To Release "Black" Cellphone, On Pace To Land At #1

Jay-Z is in negotiations with a major wireless handset manufacturer and will create a "black" cell phone, which will be available in December.

The "black" cell phone is in line with the mogul's "black" theme, centered around the release of what he calls the final solo album of his rap career.

The black version of his S.Carter sneaker has been moved up to November 21, while The Black Album, which was slated to drop November 28, was bumped up to November 14 due to rampant piracy online and street bootlegging.

Even with the release date being moved up by two weeks, the demand for both Jay-Z's The Black Album and G-Unit's Beg For Mercy, proved to be immense.

Both titles violated their official street release date and major retailers had the albums on the shelves as early as Tuesday, the same day that Tupac Shakur's Resurrection soundtrack hit the stores.

Jay-Z is on pace move 400,000 units, which could edge out Shakur's release on Billboard's Top 200 Albums Chart.

Resurrection is on pace to move 350,000 units, but sales may spike due to the release of the accompanying film to theaters nationwide.

G-Unit is expected to take the number 3 position and move close to 300,000 copies.

Side Note: Correct Me If I'm Wrong, But Didn't Yayo Say G-Unit Would Hit Ova 850,000 in the first week....They ain't half way there, but I think he was talkin' debut debut, like it would already be up der.....Anyways, Resurrection debuted #6 in the Box Office with $2 Million And Sometin'....
Old 15 Nov 2003, 02:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Jay's Black Album didn't sound to spectacular last night but i breifly sceemed through it. I'll have to actually smoke a fat one and sit back to listen to it, to know what i really think. Even though Jay says it now i don't think this will be his last solo cd.

G-Unit is wack and living strickly of the hype and success of 50. Its not like D-12 where they actaully Em for me to pay respect to, they are good on their own accord. G-Unit truly is the flavor of the month and hopefully these guys will disappear and soon. Yayo talking out of his ass talking about going nearly platnum in the first week. If anything their sales numbers will go down.