ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

A Very Special Episode of...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Nov 2003, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Default A Very Special Episode of...

Yeah...my favorite of the old sitcom plot devices

Does anybody remember the "Very Special Episode" of any TV series?
They used to do them all the time during the Reagan administration...Nancy Reagan started the whole "Just Say No" program and all the TV producers hopped on board to teach us impressionable youth the dangers of getting hooked on diet pills

anyways...I always remember the episode of Family Ties where Alex get hooked on Diet pills cause he's trying to stay awake to study...lucky for him he's got 2 hippy parents...who better to talk you down than former pot heads

post any you might remember in here
or any other Sitcom plot device you thought was funny/stupid

Old 14 Nov 2003, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

or like that episode of Save by the Bell where Jessie's is hooked on caffine pills and tries to stay up to get good grades. And Zack come in and she's like "OMG I'll never get into Stanford" and starts breaking down and crying and sobing and bitching

Old 14 Nov 2003, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Kryptonite

lol
they'd end the episode with something like
the entire cast sitting there together talking to the viewing audience and saying something along the lines of

"Today, you saw Jesse get addicted to caffeine pills. Caffeine pills and other drugs are very addictive and can cause many problems. If you or some one you know is using, or might be using drugs there are people you can talk to....

and they'd flash some 1-800 number at the bottom of the screen...

heh

Old 14 Nov 2003, 03:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dre

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

nah even better the president of NBC was on that episode and he and the kids,(yep AC was there and so was Kellu) all sat around the teacher's desk and made a public annoucment...I remember it clear it was a good time. Remember those ABC after school special, where they have mini movies about steriod abuse and having sex before your ready. I liked the 80's ot was utopia

Old 14 Nov 2003, 03:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
nah even better the president of NBC was on that episode and he and the kids,(yep AC was there and so was Kellu) all sat around the teacher's desk and made a public annoucment...I remember it clear it was a good time. Remember those ABC after school special, where they have mini movies about steriod abuse and having sex before your ready. I liked the 80's ot was utopia
LOL
Tracey Gold (growing pains) did one of those after school specials on eating disorders...preaching how everyone should just have higher self esteem blah blah

then she got cut out of most of the final episodes of Growing Pains because she was hospitalized due to her own eating disorder

Old 14 Nov 2003, 03:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dre

lol, baah

Old 14 Nov 2003, 03:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre
lol, baah
not baah...Bleh lol

Old 14 Nov 2003, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Doctor of Womenomics

RJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of lightRJ Suave is a glorious beacon of light

I see somebody's been watching that Super Secret TV Formula show on VH1.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I don't really remember any off hand, since I usually used that Very Special Episode as a warning to watch something else.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

oh, and Merideth Baxter Bernie whatever is a bitch.
Old 14 Nov 2003, 03:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

i remember that Family Ties episode too, i also remember...uhh.....i cant remember any, damn
Old 14 Nov 2003, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

error402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to beholderror402 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Suave
I see somebody's been watching that Super Secret TV Formula show on VH1.
lol I was about to say the exact same thing.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 04:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kryptonite

Super Secret TV formula?

explain

Old 15 Nov 2003, 04:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Never saw much of Family ties, But i Think I Saw some of that Particular episode, though i don't Know.

Old 15 Nov 2003, 10:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
Super Secret TV formula?

explain
VH1 has been having some new shows on, and one of them is about things tv shows do to try and 'recreate some of the magic' to regain viewership......some pretty good stuff, actually.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.