ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > ProWrestlingFans > Archives

Archives PWFans Forums Archives - Where all the old threads go...

Rush Limbaugh Returning Soon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Thumbs up Rush Limbaugh Returning Soon

Rush Limbaugh Returning Soon

Breaking on NewsMax.com

As Rush Limbaugh fans – known as dittoheads – eagerly await his return to the airwaves, word is that he is recovering nicely and should be back soon.

On Friday, Rush’s brother David said that Rush was succeeding in shaking off his addiction to prescription painkillers and was eager to return to his post as the nation's No. 1 talk host.

"Rush is going to be back soon, he's going to hit the ground running, and he's going to have a renewed passion," David Limbaugh told EIB (Excellence in Broadcasting) substitute host Walter Williams.

"I'm excited about it, he's excited about it, and the days are short. He's coming back."

Rush is "really making significant strides and is continuing to learn a great deal and truly believes he is profiting immeasurably" from his treatment experience, the younger Limbaugh reported.

"While his mind is still focused on the treatment, he's also given a lot of thought to his return, and he's very excited."

Limbaugh described his talk-star sibling as "anxious to renew his dialogue with the EIB family" and eager to "tell the audience ... firsthand about how he feels about all this."

According to Media Post's "Media Daily News," Limbaugh is set to return to the airwaves on Nov. 17, four days before he's scheduled to make his first public appearance since entering rehab.

But New York Post radio columnist John Mainelli tells NewsMax that the Nov. 17 date is unconfirmed.

On Nov. 5, Inside Radio, an industry newsletter, quoted Mark Mays, president of Clear Channel, the media giant that owns Rush’s show, as saying: "Rush will be out of his rehab in the next 7-10 days. We're expecting him to have a full recovery."

The company also noted solid support for Rush. Clear Channel radio chief John Hogan also was quoted by Inside Radio: "We have maintained 100 percent of our affiliate base, and we have maintained our advertiser base as well."

The item also said "a new survey by the independent polling firm of Burke Inc. finds support for Rush among his listeners is holding. Ninety percent said his drug problem has not diminished their feelings about him."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank god.... I'll be listening....

My question: Do you think Rush will lose fans over his drug problems??

And: If you are a listener, will you stop listening due to his addiction??

-Trevelbond-
Old 10 Nov 2003, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kryptonite

so Rush is coming back?

I look forward to his long winded rants condemning people who get hooked on drugs...

Old 10 Nov 2003, 05:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I'm gonnna make this short because I've been typing my ass off in the WWE forum.....But Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrtical bastard. I won't call him a lier, but i truly have no rerpsect for this man at all. And its bad when Howard Stern can actually make this man seem like scumb. My friend he is no Bill O'Reilly and is making every attempt to say people like O'Rielly shouldn't be in radio and have syndicated programs because they didn't earn it the way he did. Please about 2 or 3 years ago I remember Rush saying something along the lines of All drug addcits should be removed from society and not allowed anywhere near the rest of us. For they had no control over themselves and should not have the priviallage to be allowed back. I guess is opinion has changed a little bit since standing so strong against those viel people huh. No charges are being brought against the Right's poster boy, but if someone like Clinton had been caught in the same situation I can't halp but think that Rush would be over the radio airwaves screaming for an ivestigaton on how he illegally obtained drugs and was using them. I mean after all he did do that when Clinton get a blow job and then further more with perdjury.

No I don't think that he will lose much ratings in his show because the Right wing often are the victims, I mean it was for his back he was in so much pain. he is being made a victim. Only the Left are liers and live in a false world.

Last edited by Dre; 10 Nov 2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

i'm glad he will be coming back, but his ratings should suffer.....i will be more reserved about agreeing with everything he says from now on.....just goes to show you that we all have skeletons in the closet, no matter how hard we try not to.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I have no skeletons in my closet...they are all buried deep in my back yard...

Old 10 Nov 2003, 05:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

He shouldn't of left ESPN to begin with. I didn't see what was wrong what he said about McNabb. He is overrated. I have never listend to his radio show, and I don't plan on it. And even if I did listen to him before his addiction I still would. I think it would be stupid for someone to stop listening to him over that.
Old 10 Nov 2003, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

He will come back with more listeners than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McMahon
He will come back with more listeners than ever.

Doubtful...

After all the shit he's said over the years about people only for us to find out about his own failings, it only shows him to be nothing more then the hypocrate that he is. Maybe if he came out and said sorry for berrating people for years for doing some of the same things he was found to be doing, I may regain some respect for him
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

Quote:
only shows him to be nothing more then the hypocrate that he is.
In my twisted mind.... it shows him to be human. The american medical system failed him... anywhere else and he would have been given a perscription...

Kurt has heard this argument before and I got hit with a rock... hopefully youll be a little more receptive...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
In my twisted mind.... it shows him to be human. The american medical system failed him... anywhere else and he would have been given a perscription...

Kurt has heard this argument before and I got hit with a rock... hopefully youll be a little more receptive...

Yeah, but I'd hit you with a rock regardless.

Rush for years, bashed people for being "human" and having "human" failings. Now we're supposed to feel sorry for him now that he himself is showing those same failings that he himself used as a platform in his crusade against the left?

I think not...
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

^^He was wrong either way... I can't deny that...

but hopefully this will be a lesson learned for Rush and he will move on with his career....

Right back at cha'
Old 11 Nov 2003, 03:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kryptonite

I'm glad Rush is making this comeback

generally when a drug addict comes back out of rehab he has trouble making a living, hard to hold onto jobs etc etc

Its nice to see a junkie(reformed) get his job back AND make the covers of Magazines...its a nice change